Orange is the new President

JD

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by JD »

Here's a bizarre case of Trump Derangement Syndrome: NY Governor Cuomo vetoed a bill, passed with near-unanimous bipartisan support, that would have expanded the numbers of Federal judges who are permitted to officiate at weddings, because Trump nominated some of them.
"I cannot in good conscience support legislation that would authorize such actions by federal judges who are appointed by this federal administration," Cuomo's veto message stated.

"President Trump does not embody who we are as New Yorkers," the Democratic governor added Friday. "The cornerstones that built our great state are diversity, tolerance and inclusion. Based on these reasons, I must veto this bill."
Even the bill's (Democratic) sponsor is kind of baffled by this logic, pointing out that since any New Yorker can get ordained and officiate at weddings for $25, it's not like there was some huge purity test or barrier to entry before this.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Warren

Post by Warren »

That's pretty fucking petty for a State Governor. But I ain't going to remember it next week.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

The CBC edited the Trump cameo out of Home Alone 2
"As is often the case with feature films adapted for television, Home Alone 2 was edited for time," the CBC shared with ComicBook.com. "The scene with Donald Trump was one of several that were cut from the movie as none of them were integral to the plot. These edits were done in 2014 when we first acquired the film and before Mr. Trump was elected President."
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

Welp that will be a conspiracy with a name championed by Sean Hannity in 5, 4, 3 ...

Warren

Post by Warren »

Sean Hannity is still a thing? Can't we get a new fuckwad to wave the flag at everything?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Warren wrote:
27 Dec 2019, 10:55
Sean Hannity is still a thing? Can't we get a new fuckwad to wave the flag at everything?
Sean Hannity will be with us until the last MAGA hat walks out of the GOP convention.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

I thought Tucker Carlson was the new standard-bearer for conspiratorial MAGA bullshit.
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

Could be. I know Hannity was a big crowdstrike ukraine server guy. There are a list of like 3 "journalists" who appear to explain to everyone on Hannity how all the conspiracies really work.

Warren

Post by Warren »

JasonL wrote:
27 Dec 2019, 14:25
Could be. I know Hannity was a big crowdstrike ukraine server guy. There are a list of like 3 "journalists" who appear to explain to everyone on Hannity how all the conspiracies really work.
So you hate watch Hnnity?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

No. I don't watch any Fox. I'm aware due to several long running arguments about how the right o sphere comes to believe these things.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Internet confession: I acknowledge that Donald Trump is a garbage monster whose policies harm people and whose actions are accelerating the public sector's slide into the sludge, but I cannot get enough stories about what a brittle insecure self-hating manbaby he is.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

In yet another stunning victory in Trump's good, easily won trade war, the USDA is shelling out $28 billion in ag subsidies and aid for 2019-2020.
Some of the aid came from long-familiar programs. Government-subsidized crop insurance covered some of the losses from flooding. Other payments were unprecedented. The U.S. Department of Agriculture simply sent him a check to compensate him for the low prices resulting from the trade war.

" 'Trump money' is what we call it," Henry said. "It helped a lot. And it's my understanding, they're going to do it again."
For one thing, it's an enormous amount of money, more than the final cost of bailing out the auto industry during the financial crisis of 2008. The auto industry bailout was fiercely debated in Congress. Yet the USDA created this new program out of thin air; it decided that an old law authorizing a USDA program called the Commodity Credit Corp. already gave it the authority to spend this money.
Also, the payments are quite generous. According to studies by several independent economists, the USDA is paying farmers roughly twice as much as the actual harm that they suffered from the trade war. And the payments are based on production; the bigger the farm, the bigger the payments. Thousands of farmers got more than $100,000 each. According to an NPR analysis of USDA records of payments made through July 2019, 100,000 individuals collected just over 70% of the money.
"They've already given out $19 billion to farmers, but they're cutting $5 billion from people in need," says Rep. Marcia Fudge, D-Ohio, who sits on the House Agriculture Committee. "I don't even know how to describe it except to say that it is cruel, it is unfair, and it is clearly designed to support the president's base, as he sees it, as opposed to those whom he sees as being undeserving."
So on one hand we have a retarded trade war that helps no one and actively harms both farmers and the consumers who buy their crops, and on the other hand we have a bloated payout that circumvents the all but pointless budgetary process to shield Trump's voters from the consequences of his actions. Who could be behind all this?

churchlady.jpg
churchlady.jpg (29.22 KiB) Viewed 304 times

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Why is everyone losing their underpants over Trump mispronouncing "tolerated"? "HE'S AN ADDERALL ADDICT OMGGGG" No, he was talking and the word came out wrong. This has happened to literally every person who has ever talked out loud. Have you never seen that tweet about "ah, my fart cone"?
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

He cured cancer, apparently.

"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Ellie wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 09:23
Why is everyone losing their underpants over Trump mispronouncing "tolerated"? "HE'S AN ADDERALL ADDICT OMGGGG" No, he was talking and the word came out wrong. This has happened to literally every person who has ever talked out loud.
I have lost count of the number of times I have said the exact opposite of what I meant to say.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

thoreau wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 10:34

So when will we see the Laying on of (Small) Hands?

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Aresen wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 10:38
thoreau wrote:

So when will we see the Laying on of (Small) Hands?
CTSSS
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Ellie wrote:
Why is everyone losing their underpants over Trump mispronouncing "tolerated"? "HE'S AN ADDERALL ADDICT OMGGGG" No, he was talking and the word came out wrong. This has happened to literally every person who has ever talked out loud. Have you never seen that tweet about "ah, my fart cone"?
TBF Trump mispronounces a lot.

Shem

Post by Shem »

Ellie wrote:
Pretty sure the Adderall addiction thing is more related to how he snorts and huffs more than Nose Candy Nancy. And she really fucking loves nose candy. Hence the name.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Shem wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 11:49
Ellie wrote:
Pretty sure the Adderall addiction thing is more related to how he snorts and huffs more than Nose Candy Nancy. And she really fucking loves nose candy. Hence the name.
Wait, are you saying Nancy Pelosi is a cokehead?
--Mo

Warren

Post by Warren »

thoreau wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 12:08
Shem wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 11:49
Ellie wrote:
Wait, are you saying Nancy Pelosi is a cokehead?
lol That was my thought as well.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

thoreau wrote:

windmills
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Is she a cokehead or not!!!???? Answer the question dammit!
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Mitch and Nancy sittin' in a tree...

doin' fuckin' rails
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren »

WHOO WHOOOOoooooooo
THIS SPACE FOR RENT