Orange is the new President

Jennifer

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Jennifer » 07 Sep 2019, 14:25

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-g ... d=65436462
South Carolina's Republican Party voted Saturday to officially cancel the state's Republican primary in 2020.

"With no legitimate primary challenger and President Trump's record of results, the decision was made to save South Carolina taxpayers over $1.2 million and forgo an unnecessary primary,” Drew McKissick, SCGOP chairman, said in a statement. "President Trump and his administration have delivered for South Carolinians, and we look forward to ensuring that Republican candidates up and down the ballot are elected in 2020."

At least three other states - Arizona, Kansas, and South Carolina - are considering plans to cancel their 2020 GOP presidential primaries and caucuses, prompting President Donald Trump's long-shot primary opponents to rail against the stunning, but not unprecedented move that would virtually cripple their chances. ....
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 07 Sep 2019, 14:36

Meanwhile, Air Force flight crews are making a lot of stops at Trump's resort in Scotland.

https://slate.trib.al/llSWyf0

I'll just save everyone the trouble and say that this is surely not a violation of any rules. But it is still sketchy as hell.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Warren

Post by Warren » 07 Sep 2019, 14:59

thoreau wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 14:36
Meanwhile, Air Force flight crews are making a lot of stops at Trump's resort in Scotland.

https://slate.trib.al/llSWyf0

I'll just save everyone the trouble and say that this is surely not a violation of any rules. But it is still sketchy as hell.
This is exactly the sort of thing I figured would define the Trump years back when he was elected. Sketchy as hell, and too piddly to give a shit about.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 07 Sep 2019, 15:12

Absolutely. Nothing to give a shit about. Entropy, ennui, who the fuck cares?

And when the next president does the same only more, well, there's precedent. Entropy, ennui, who the fuck cares?
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Sep 2019, 15:25

I'm kind of amazed his cultists are even making excuses for that ridiculous Sharpie map thing. Natural disasters are not a partisan issue -- or at least they weren't until now.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 07 Sep 2019, 18:34

Sharpie whatsitsnow?
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 07 Sep 2019, 18:59

It’d be nice if someone looked at the logical conclusion from the Turnberry thing and the shifting of funds for the wall. Even the DoD thinks they have way too much money that they can burn on obviously useless shit.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Sep 2019, 21:32

Pham Nuwen wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 18:34
Sharpie whatsitsnow?
You seriously don't know what I'm referring to? Google "Trump," Sharpie" and "Alabama" or "Dorian" to find out, and also rid yourself of any troubling vestiges of "faith in humanity" which might be weighing you down.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 07 Sep 2019, 22:11

I will not.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 07 Sep 2019, 22:12

You know me. Look into your heart. You know me. I won't google it.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Sep 2019, 22:32

Well then, Pham, make sure you also don't google "Coast Guard Rear Admiral Peter Brown" either. Or "National Weather Service in Birmingham," or "storm trajectory maps" specifically in regard to Hurricane Dorian.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Sep 2019, 22:34

Holy shit! I just saw this on Twitter, too:
The Washington Post has obtained emails from a top NOAA official repeatedly admonishing the agency’s scientists and staff not to correct the inaccurate hurricane forecast information coming from President Trump.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 07 Sep 2019, 22:45

oh! that! yeah. I heard about it. A friend does IT with the NOAA. I didn't realize it was that big a deal. Been kind of busy lately. I'm a news junkie but went up in the mountains a few days, went right back into the OR, and then went to my pharm gig to help out.

Mo

Post by Mo » 09 Sep 2019, 18:25

If this is the most credible primary challenger, I totally get why all these states are canceling their Republican primaries.

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit ... ary-trump/
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 10 Sep 2019, 08:29

We had a spy in Russia so close to Putin that he could photograph presidential documents, and had to pull him out because the CIA couldn't trust Trump not to mention this to Putin.

I am looking forward to seeing how the "Obama was just as bad and Hillary would've been worse!" brigades spin this one.

Mo

Post by Mo » 10 Sep 2019, 09:06

The Turnberry thing looks like it may have legs

nicole

Post by nicole » 10 Sep 2019, 12:07

Bye bye, Bolton

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 10 Sep 2019, 12:14

No talent ass clown.
--Mo

nicole

Post by nicole » 10 Sep 2019, 12:16

Aaaaaaaaand chaser

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 10 Sep 2019, 12:20

Regarding his disagreements with Trump, Bolton said "If you don't know me by now..."
--Mo

Mo

Post by Mo » 10 Sep 2019, 12:25

National Security Advisors for this administration should just wear red shirts from here on out.

JD

Post by JD » 10 Sep 2019, 12:50

Beep boop, you silly humans.

Highway

Post by Highway » 10 Sep 2019, 13:08

There's also that tweet from Pence's account that is obviously written by Trump. We know Pence is a sycophant, but that's a new level.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 10 Sep 2019, 14:00

Highway wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 13:08
There's also that tweet from Pence's account that is obviously written by Trump. We know Pence is a sycophant, but that's a new level.
Pence has probably been having screaming fits in private that Trump's stayed in office this long.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 10 Sep 2019, 15:18

Eric the .5b wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 14:00
Highway wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 13:08
Pence has probably been having screaming fits in private that Trump's stayed in office this long.
It's hard to scream with Trump's stump in his mouth.