Orange is the new President

Mo

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Mo » 08 Aug 2019, 05:14

Booo! First, I didn’t know the rat had a name. Second, I love scabby.

https://laborerslocalone.blog/2019/08/0 ... bor-board/
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Mo

Orange is the new President

Post by Mo » 12 Aug 2019, 06:23

I didn’t think Evangelical Trump supporters could be more easily parodied, but this story is deadly serious.

https://politi.co/2yV7eNz
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

JD

Post by JD » 12 Aug 2019, 13:27

...he has stumbled when trying to discuss the specifics of religion, once referring to a book of the Bible as “Two Corinthians” instead of “Second Corinthians.”
You know, if somebody had written a story like this, I'd have told them, "Come on, be realistic."
Beep boop, you silly humans.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 12 Aug 2019, 15:19

JD wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 13:27
...he has stumbled when trying to discuss the specifics of religion, once referring to a book of the Bible as “Two Corinthians” instead of “Second Corinthians.”
You know, if somebody had written a story like this, I'd have told them, "Come on, be realistic."
You may have noticed we have been in the Trump Zone for some time. Reality no longer applies.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 12 Aug 2019, 16:05

Aresen wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 15:19
JD wrote:
You may have noticed we have been in the Trump Zone for some time. Reality no longer applies.
You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of hair and sound but of ego. A journey into a great and wonderful land whose boundaries are so huge. That's the billboard up ahead - your next stop, the Trump Zone!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 12 Aug 2019, 16:18

Warren wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 16:05
Aresen wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 15:19
JD wrote:
You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of hair and sound but of ego. A journey into a great and wonderful land whose boundaries are so huge. That's the billboard up ahead - your next stop, the Trump Zone!
100 internets points for Warren. I was trying to work up a play on the Twilight Zone intro, but couldn't find the right words. *applause*
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Mo

Post by Mo » 14 Aug 2019, 09:33

A free A$AP Rocky was nice while it lasted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49347717

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 14 Aug 2019, 11:29

Mo wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 09:33
A free A$AP Rocky was nice while it lasted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49347717
"The assault has not been of such a serious nature that a prison sentence must be chosen," the court said in a statement.

"The defendants are therefore sentenced to conditional sentences."

A suspended sentence means that as long as ASAP Rocky and the two other men found guilty commit no further crimes during a two-year probation period, they will avoid prison.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 16 Aug 2019, 12:25

Denmark is just driving a hard bargain. They know he always overpays for real estate. By the time this is over they'll have Hawaii, the Virgin Islands, and Minnesota (to expand their grip on Scandinavian territory).

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/16/worl ... nland.html
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 18 Aug 2019, 12:08

I have to admit that I never thought Trump or the GOP hated America. I just thought they didn't care.

https://www.salon.com/2019/08/18/donald ... to-say-it/
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 18 Aug 2019, 13:29

Pham Nuwen wrote:
18 Aug 2019, 12:08
I have to admit that I never thought Trump or the GOP hated America. I just thought they didn't care.

https://www.salon.com/2019/08/18/donald ... to-say-it/
I am taken aback as well.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 18 Aug 2019, 13:56

I wonder if the guy's book about John Mellencamp was that fiery.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Warren

Post by Warren » 18 Aug 2019, 14:16

Hugh Akston wrote:
18 Aug 2019, 13:56
I wonder if the guy's book about John Mellencamp was that fiery.
He also wrote a Metallica book. It has 7 reviews on amazon, 6 of them are four and five star. Here's the one star review
ezreviewer wrote:1.0 out of 5 stars the book that failed
December 8, 2015
Format: Paperback
i've never written a review before, but i've never read a book that I felt was such a complete waste of money. Sorry but this book is STUPID. It's a pointless opinion piece, not factual journalism. It's just an overlong congratulatory message to Metallica. It is not 'critical' at all... every song is a masterpiece, no filler! I have some news... There are bad songs, and there is filler. It's not even Metallica's best album. Come on! I personally like the Black album, that's why I bought this book. So I don't know what's more annoying, the total sycophantic point of view, or the unnecessarily grandiose and obfuscating heavy writing style (see what I mean). Sure, the writer has access to the band, his proverbial golden goose, how dare he jeopardise it by writing anything possibly negative. Here is a golden nugget:

"...Hammett's guitar is right there with him. Like a snake charmer of the spirit, with his six strings, he's summoning the emotional avidity and complexity of the song. The second verse performs an autopsy of Kierkegaard's allegorical corpse."

are you serious? How pretentious is this? It's "The Unforgiven". It's a rock song. It's o-kay... it's not the 9th Symphony.. The whole book is filled with ridiculous metaphors and imaginary insights in case you may have mistaken it for just a heavy rock album.

At least give us some insight into the techniques or processes of the recording, of which there is very little, and all of which has already been covered in other books or videos. You will learn more watching the Metallica:Classic Albums DVD or even A Year And A Half In The Life. Seriously I have read almost all the other Metallica books out there. This is by far the most unnecessary and tedious. Sorry man, but this is dumb and it's a total waste of money. Sad but true
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 20 Aug 2019, 22:07

Holy shit. He's actually serious about buying Greenland. Or, at least, he currently believes that this is a serious idea that he will cancel a meeting with a head of government over.

Can we just invoke the 25th amendment, put him in the home, and feed him mushy food already?
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 20 Aug 2019, 22:08

--Mo

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 20 Aug 2019, 23:27

Trump says Jews who vote for Democrats are either disloyal or lacking in knowledge.

"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 20 Aug 2019, 23:49

thoreau wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 22:07
Holy shit. He's actually serious about buying Greenland. Or, at least, he currently believes that this is a serious idea that he will cancel a meeting with a head of government over.

Can we just invoke the 25th amendment, put him in the home, and feed him mushy food already?
Oh. My. Fucking. God.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 20 Aug 2019, 23:51

Somebody tell him that while Mette Frederiksen might not be willing to negotiate, there's a Danish guy named Hrothgar who can hook us up. We just need to do him a favor.

We should also tell him that Putin is refusing to renew the lease on Alaska, and then Trump will never talk to him again.
--Mo

Warren

Post by Warren » 21 Aug 2019, 01:09

Jennifer wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 23:27
Trump says Jews who vote for Democrats are either disloyal or lacking in knowledge.
I know a Jew who says the same thing.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 21 Aug 2019, 02:05

Mike Pence has reportedly been pushing Trump to buy the Isle of Man.
--Mo

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 21 Aug 2019, 03:08

Warren wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 01:09
Jennifer wrote:
Out of curosity, what does your Jewish friend have to say about Trump's affinity for literal Nazis?
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Mo

Post by Mo » 21 Aug 2019, 04:19

Warren wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Disloyal to who? I thought the dual loyalty trope was bad.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 21 Aug 2019, 09:15

Wayne Allyn Root. Now there's a name I hadn't heard in a while.

Slip inside a sleeping bag.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 21 Aug 2019, 09:22

I saw some part-tense mentions of WAR elsewhere on Twitter and had a moment of "Good riddance".
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Warren

Post by Warren » 21 Aug 2019, 09:34

Jennifer wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 03:08
Warren wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Out of curosity, what does your Jewish friend have to say about Trump's affinity for literal Nazis?
He's not a fan of Trump, but he doesn't think he's a racist either. He doesn't worry about "literal Nazis". He worries about Israel.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT