Orange is the new President

thoreau

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by thoreau » 09 Jul 2019, 01:01

Jennifer wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 00:58
If Trump PNGs all diplomats who told their government unflattering things about him, there won't be a single ambassador left in DC.
IT'S GOING TO BE AMERICA FIRST!!!
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Mo

Post by Mo » 09 Jul 2019, 02:26

Aresen wrote:What I am trying to figure out is who leaked the cables and why?

99% of the diplomats in DC probably have made the same comments and are sweating whether they're going to be outed the same way.
It was to the mail, so probably some ultra Brexit wacko that wants Farage or some other dingbat to have the job once BoJo wins PM.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 11 Jul 2019, 18:39

It probably would have been better for the UK diplomatic soft power posture and their corps morale if it were an actually PNG and not a backdoor one via a tweet, in that officially, (I think), the Ambassador was merely reassigned.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 14 Jul 2019, 19:50

Trump tweets racist attacks at progressive Democratic congresswomen
Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump used racist language on Sunday to attack progressive Democratic congresswomen, falsely implying they weren't natural-born American citizens.

Trump did not name who he was attacking in Sunday's tirade but earlier this week he referenced New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez when the President was defending House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

A group of Democrats, who are women of color and have been outspoken about Trump's immigration policies, last week condemned the conditions of border detention facilities. The group of women joining Ocasio-Cortez were Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts.

Trump implied in the series of tweets that the congresswomen weren't born in America and sarcastically suggested, "they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

Later Sunday, Ocasio-Cortez wrote on Twitter that the country she "come(s) from" and "swears to" is the US and suggested that Trump is "angry because you can't conceive of an America that includes us."

"You rely on a frightened America for your plunder," the New Yorker wrote in a tweet.

Ocasio-Cortez, Tlaib and Pressley are natural-born US citizens, while Omar was born in Somalia and immigrated to the US when she was young. Omar became a citizen in 2000 when she was 17 years old, according to the New York Times.
His base will love him for it.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 14 Jul 2019, 20:32

Aresen wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 19:50
Trump tweets racist attacks at progressive Democratic congresswomen
His base will love him for it.
It's getting really fucking hard to not call them deplorable.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 14 Jul 2019, 22:50

Later Sunday, Ocasio-Cortez wrote on Twitter that the country she "come(s) from" and "swears to" is the US and suggested that Trump is "angry because you can't conceive of an America that includes us."

"You rely on a frightened America for your plunder," the New Yorker wrote in a tweet.
Hmm. On the one hand, I agree that Trump is definitely a racist whose view of an ideal America doesn't include non-white people (remember when he sneered that an Indiana-born federal judge was untrustworthy because of his Mexican ancestry?), but on the other hand, as a libertarian I am apparently obliged to disagree with anything said by Ocasio-Cortez because she said it. This is a conundrum.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 14 Jul 2019, 22:55

Apricot Maduro wrote:“Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......

....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....

....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!
AOC (USA)
Tlaib (USA)
Pressley (USA)
Omar (Somalia)

He's right. 4/4 of those women come from countries whose current leadership is a complete catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 14 Jul 2019, 23:11

lunchstealer wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 22:55
Apricot Maduro wrote:“Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......

....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....

....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!
AOC (USA)
Tlaib (USA)
Pressley (USA)
Omar (Somalia)

He's right. 4/4 of those women come from countries whose current leadership is a complete catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world.
:lol:
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 14 Jul 2019, 23:17

Yeah, that's very good. I'm tempted to steal it.

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 Jul 2019, 09:12

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 23:17
Yeah, that's very good. I'm tempted to steal it.
Hill Dog('s social media team) beat you to it.

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 15 Jul 2019, 16:18

That Trump tweet is outrageous.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 16 Jul 2019, 15:07

Don't worry guys, Congress is on it.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 17 Jul 2019, 10:29

Hugh Akston wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 15:07
I'll see you a condemnation and raise an impeachment.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/al-green ... eda5a4a836

Mo

Post by Mo » 17 Jul 2019, 10:40

Green has forced the House to vote on impeachment articles twice before ― in 2017 and 2018 ― when the chamber was controlled by Republicans.

Warren

Post by Warren » 17 Jul 2019, 11:08

I've been dismissive about impeachment. It's a leftist fever dream that ignores political realities and has been fueled by a sort of aggressive self delusion about what crimes the president has committed.
I'm happy to give Amash a standing ovation for falling on his sword, but not for a moment did I think anyone would follow him.

That said, it is distressing that political realities have brought a GOP with a significant "never Trump" faction to close ranks behind his banner. And with each new scandal it must be more and more uncomfortable to be a sitting member of the Republican Party.

2020 (Where's my sealab!) will be a... "on year"(?) election year. All the focus will be on the POTUS race, but I'll be more interested in how congress shakes out.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 17 Jul 2019, 11:22

I think the only reasonable impeachment case I've heard is emoluments, and I think you have to be careful there. I think it is better by far to win an election, for everyone.

Number 6

Post by Number 6 » 17 Jul 2019, 11:34

JasonL wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 11:22
I think the only reasonable impeachment case I've heard is emoluments, and I think you have to be careful there. I think it is better by far to win an election, for everyone.
The Dems would have to put up someone electable. I don't see any suggestion of that.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 17 Jul 2019, 11:35

PRESIDENT BUTT! PRESIDENT BUTT!
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 17 Jul 2019, 11:38

Let's see.

I'd go Biden over Trump.
Kamala over Trump after a lot of suffering
Mayor But over Trump
Trump over Warren
Trump over Bernie

Off the cuff here.

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 17 Jul 2019, 12:27

Well the actual choice is Trump or Pence vis a vis impeachment.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 17 Jul 2019, 12:56

If Trump tore off his clothes, flung feces at the press corp, and shot a congresswoman while shouting "Go back to Africa!" the Senate Republicans would refuse to remove him from office and his vote total in 2020 would increase from what he got in 2016.
--Mo

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 17 Jul 2019, 13:32

thoreau wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 12:56
If Trump tore off his clothes, flung feces at the press corp, and shot a congresswoman while shouting "Go back to Africa!" the Senate Republicans would refuse to remove him from office and his vote total in 2020 would increase from what he got in 2016.
Yeah, he'd pick up that all important segment of racist voters who just weren't quite convinced enough he was one of them.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 17 Jul 2019, 13:51

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 13:32
thoreau wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 12:56
Yeah, he'd pick up that all important segment of racist voters who just weren't quite convinced enough he was one of them.
Well, the 'tearing off his clothes' bit would appeal to a certain segment of libertarians.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 17 Jul 2019, 15:03

JasonL wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 10:29
Hugh Akston wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 15:07
I'll see you a condemnation and raise an impeachment.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/al-green ... eda5a4a836
That should be equally effective.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

dhex

Post by dhex » 17 Jul 2019, 22:20

Omar married her brother is a new level for that yutz.

That one America news network is interesting.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God