Orange is the new President

Mo

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Mo » 20 Oct 2018, 02:42

Conrad Black wrote it int the National Post

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/conrad ... r-campaign
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 20 Oct 2018, 02:58

[Reads] Ugh. That's a hell of a whitewashing job, with some outright lies thrown in. If all I knew about her was what Black wrote, I'd think she only appeared on that one racist podcast, one time, and soon realized her mistake and never ever did it again. A more accurate portrayal can be found here, in an op-ed titled "Why COnservatives Cannpt Support Faith Goldy" (though certain American Republicans have no problem doing so :

https://thebridgehead.ca/2018/08/13/why ... ith-goldy/
.... [After the Nazi rally in Charlottesville] I hoped at the time that Goldy and others who had dabbled with the alt-right would realize their mistake, pull back, and have the self-awareness to understand that this stuff is poison. After all, the Unite the Right Rally had just given us a pretty unambiguous look at what the alt-right movement was all about, what their plans were, and what their vision of Western Civilization actually looks like. There was no dog-whistling at Charlottesville and afterwards: It was a raw and primal scream of rage, directed at the Jews and other “non-whites.” Their display was a chance for anyone tempted by any of their ideas to see what they were buying into, and walk away.

Instead, after an initial statement that was a combination of an explanation and a non-apology, Faith Goldy doubled down. I have been following the alt-right for several years now, especially after I noticed that some conservatives and libertarians of a certain disposition find some of these ideologies to be alluring. Despite her recent denials of being alt-right to the Post Millenial as well as her reposting of her post-Charlottesville non-apology, Goldy has become a frequent guest on white nationalist and alt-right YouTube shows and podcasts throughout the past year, and has carefully cultivated her image as one of them—even inventing a weird version of Canadian history, which apparently has Canada containing large indigenous populations of European people, whom she insists are “settlers” not “immigrants” (the settlers apparently did not immigrate to Canada first before settling. The obvious holes in this historical theory are not addressed.)

For example, one YouTube show she appears on is American Pride, an outfit that also frequently features David Duke (one of his recent appearances focuses on the insidious influence of the Jews), prominent neo-Nazi and editor of AltRight.com Richard Spencer, and Jared Taylor of American Renaissance. A brief review of their videos illustrates just how steeped in racism and anti-Semitism they are, and anyone choosing to become a frequent guest on this channel cannot claim ignorance of the worldview they seek to promote. In fact, in one exchange with YouTuber Lauren Rose and Jean Francois Gariepy, Goldy was asked to defend her whiteness:

Gariepy: Now, Faith, it is time for the final purity test. My audience keeps asking me about you. They call you Faith Goldbergstein—are you a servant of the Israeli state?

Goldy, laughing: Aw, man, ultimate subversion, guys—you found me out, fam. No, Ancestry has zero Ashkenazi, sorry to disappoint…I’m fully European. I actually have a lot more Slav DNA than I had expected, because technically—Jeff, don’t judge! Don’t throw me off!—I’ve got three Greek grandparents and one Slav. Yeah, I had more than the 25% Eastern European. And I had 1% Finn as well. I’m very proud of that 1% Finn.

Gariepy: Well, in my video “What is White,” I’ve pointed out that the Slavs and the Greeks, you can include them in the white race if you want. They are genetically slightly different from Europeans, but it depends on how big you want to draw the circle.

Goldy: Absolutely. I’d like to draw the circle big enough to include Ukrainians and Greeks.

Another show that Goldy has regularly appeared on since her firing from The Rebel is Red Ice TV, usually with host Lana Lokteff. Lokteff is a prominent figure on the alt-right—she’s appeared on panels with Richard Spencer, and is married to Henrik Palmgren, who is reportedly working on the creation of a media outfit with Spencer. Again, Red Ice TV specializes in anti-Semitism, has dabbled in Holocaust denial, and has regularly featured David Duke as an honored guest. It was in a conversation with Lokteff that Goldy explicitly rejected “civic nationalism” in favor of ethno-nationalism (white nationalism), stating that civic nationalism has led to the “balkanization” of our society, as evidenced by phenomena such as Chinatown. Because of this, Goldy told Lokteff, civic nationalism must be rejected in favor of ethno-nationalism, which she unironically describes as one of the prime drivers of 20th century history. “The question is,” she stated, “are we going to work against nature, and try to rise above it, even though we’re forty, fifty, sixty years into this experiment and those partitions are only becoming more distinguished? Or are we going to say, maybe it’s time to dis-aggregate?”

Despite all this, Goldy has tried to protest when people point out that she has obviously decided to throw her lot in with the alt-right. When she quoted the so-called “Fourteen Words” on the alt-right Millenial Woes podcast, she protested the backlash by saying that there was nothing wrong with white people wanting to secure a future for their children—which may be literally true, but does not change the fact that she decided to parrot a phrase coined by white supremacist David Lane of terrorist group The Order while in prison for the murder of a Jewish radio host. When you consciously decide to associate yourself with a certain movement and employ their catchphrases, you don’t get to pretend to be stunned and offended when someone points out the association—one that was greeted with delight on the alt-right. She also backed down when she recommended a book that calls for the elimination of the “Jewish menace,” saying she hadn’t read that far yet. Regardless of this, alt-right figures are extremely pleased with Faith Goldy’s decision to run for mayor of Toronto, seeing it as a platform to spread their views–Mark Collett, a YouTuber once featured in the BBC documentary Young, Nazi, and Proud, released a video urging alt-righters to push Goldy’s campaign.

Many have said that people should not be abandoned over a simple mistake, and that Goldy’s appearance on the Daily Stormer podcast post-Charlottesville was simply a single mistake. Unfortunately, that has not turned out to be the case. Since then, as I have pointed out, she has primarily frequented shows and podcasts run by alt-right figures who also host David Duke and other neo-Nazis, has explicitly rejected civic nationalism in favor of ethno-nationalism, has seen fit to protest so-called accusations of Jewishness and assert her whiteness, and chosen to parrot the catch-phrases of self-described white supremacists. While Goldy can play the semantic game and attempt to highlight points of disagreement between her and the alt-right friends she spends hours with on YouTube shows and podcasts for political expediency, as the saying goes, birds of a feather flock together. She’s done her best on their shows over the past months to prove she is one of them, even going so far as to describe her ideological evolution, and there is no reason to think that is not the case now just because she finds that inconvenient to a mayoral run. I find all of this to be sad and incredibly disappointing. But these are the facts....
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 20 Oct 2018, 13:32

Is there one of liberal Democrats sitting around with their hands in each other's pockets?

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 23 Oct 2018, 18:37

This "caravan" business is a particularly refined grade of stupidity, even for Fox, Trump (and Pence).
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 23 Oct 2018, 19:01

Given how well this will work out for Trump, if I were to speculate on funding from billionaires I'd be thinking Team Red types, not Soros.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 30 Oct 2018, 15:10

thoreau wrote:
31 Mar 2017, 13:44
Highway wrote:Not to mention that I'm sure the government loves having another charge to use against as many people as possible should they need to hassle someone.
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Just imagine the consequences if they ever did away with birthright citizenship. A large fraction of Los Angeles would be permanently On The Bad List.
Guess who's decided to do it by executive order?
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 30 Oct 2018, 15:18

lunchstealer wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 15:10
thoreau wrote:
Highway wrote:Not to mention that I'm sure the government loves having another charge to use against as many people as possible should they need to hassle someone.

Just imagine the consequences if they ever did away with birthright citizenship. A large fraction of Los Angeles would be permanently On The Bad List.
Wasn't Donald Trump's father technically an 'anchor baby?'
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 30 Oct 2018, 15:22

Aresen wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 15:18
lunchstealer wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 15:10
thoreau wrote:

Wasn't Donald Trump's father technically an 'anchor baby?'
You mean attached to a heavy chain and thrown overboard? If only! :twisted:
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 06 Nov 2018, 16:12

If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Warren

Post by Warren » 06 Nov 2018, 19:14

Aresen wrote:
06 Nov 2018, 16:12
This is hilarious:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... com%2Fblog

""
There is nothing funny about that lower case l.
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Nov 2018, 15:39

So, the day after the midterm election, Jeff Sessions resigned at Trump's request? Hmmm.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Nov 2018, 15:56

Ah, I see: the new acting AG wrote an op-ed last year titled "Mueller's investigation of Trump is going too far."

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 07 Nov 2018, 16:04

Well fuck. Am I going to have to call my Senators and urge them to oppose the firing of Jeff fucking Sessions?

Fuck.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Nov 2018, 16:06

Apparently it's too late; Sessions' removal is already a done deal. Though you may have to call your representatives to oppose the firing of Robert Mueller.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 07 Nov 2018, 16:18

Jennifer wrote:
07 Nov 2018, 16:06
Apparently it's too late; Sessions' removal is already a done deal. Though you may have to call your representatives to oppose the firing of Robert Mueller.
I am hoping Whittaker does. The shitstorm will be hilarious, especially when the House Judiciary Committee convenes in January.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 07 Nov 2018, 18:24

Genuine question: is there anything illegal about Trump getting rid of Sessions? Shady, maybe, but genuinely breaking any laws? I'm seeing calls on Facebook for protests saying "Trump is not above the law" and I'm just curious if there actually is something "above the law" being attempted.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

dhex

Post by dhex » 07 Nov 2018, 18:50

Jeff and Pete
Sitting in a tree
Fuck these guys
Nothing else rhymes
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 07 Nov 2018, 19:29

Ellie wrote:
07 Nov 2018, 18:24
Genuine question: is there anything illegal about Trump getting rid of Sessions? Shady, maybe, but genuinely breaking any laws? I'm seeing calls on Facebook for protests saying "Trump is not above the law" and I'm just curious if there actually is something "above the law" being attempted.
No. All political appointees serve at the pleasure of the president.

One political commentator has taken to counting the time before a cabinet level appointee is sacked in "Scaramuccis." I believe it took .9 Scaramuccis to fire Jeff Sessions, which by the way may be even better for the nation than a divided Congress.

Mo

Post by Mo » 07 Nov 2018, 19:39

Above the law refers to if the new guy gets rid of Mueller.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 07 Nov 2018, 19:43

What's the logic of getting rid of Sessions after the midterms? Is it because Trump can get a new guy approved since Team Red held onto the Senate?
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Mo

Post by Mo » 07 Nov 2018, 19:49

Mo

Post by Mo » 07 Nov 2018, 19:50

That and there are no political repercussions or uncomfortable questions for firing him. The next election is like 9,576,420 news cycles from now.