Orange is the new President

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 21471
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Warren » 04 Oct 2017, 17:46

lunchstealer wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 17:09
Admittedly I prefer filtering to purification tabs, but the best option is both, and tabs are better than nothing.
I'm a distillation man myself.
Women with strollers are legitimately the worst people, and should, like motorcyclists, not be considered people for liability and criminal purposes. - lunchstealer

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 9756
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Ellie » 04 Oct 2017, 17:56

Jennifer wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 16:52
Trump expressed disgust over Puerto Ricans drinking purified water.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 47c65bb375
The church is also distributing water purification kits, and a member explained the process to the president.

“Wait,” Trump said, “you put it in dirty water?”

“And then you can drink it after 10 to 12 hours,” she explained.

“Would you do it? Would you drink it?” he asked.

“Sure,” she said.

“Really?” Trump said, a disgusted look coming across his face.

“Really,” she said.

“Is this your company or something?” Trump asked the woman, seeming suspicious of the aggressive pitch.

“No,” she said, “I’m part of the church.”
My hatred of Trump is as vast and deep as the ocean, but in fairness most of this story is based on the reporter's interpretations of his reactions. His words at face value don't cover him in glory or anything, but he didn't straight up say "That's disgusting," either. *shrug*
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

User avatar
Jennifer
Posts: 20275
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 14:03

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Jennifer » 04 Oct 2017, 19:21

Ellie wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 17:56
Jennifer wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 16:52
Trump expressed disgust over Puerto Ricans drinking purified water.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 47c65bb375
The church is also distributing water purification kits, and a member explained the process to the president.

“Wait,” Trump said, “you put it in dirty water?”

“And then you can drink it after 10 to 12 hours,” she explained.

“Would you do it? Would you drink it?” he asked.

“Sure,” she said.

“Really?” Trump said, a disgusted look coming across his face.

“Really,” she said.

“Is this your company or something?” Trump asked the woman, seeming suspicious of the aggressive pitch.

“No,” she said, “I’m part of the church.”
My hatred of Trump is as vast and deep as the ocean, but in fairness most of this story is based on the reporter's interpretations of his reactions. His words at face value don't cover him in glory or anything, but he didn't straight up say "That's disgusting," either. *shrug*
Even if you take out any description/interpretation of his expressions and tones, and just read his words, he comes across badly:
The church is also distributing water purification kits, and a member explained the process to the president.

“Wait,” Trump said, “you put it in dirty water?”

“And then you can drink it after 10 to 12 hours,” she explained.

“Would you do it? Would you drink it?” he asked.

“Sure,” she said.

“Really?” Trump said.

“Really,” she said.

“Is this your company or something?” Trump asked the woman.

“No,” she said, “I’m part of the church.”
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

User avatar
Jennifer
Posts: 20275
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 14:03

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Jennifer » 04 Oct 2017, 19:23

lunchstealer wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 17:43
Jennifer wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 17:14
I knew Trump would suck as a president, but I never imagined he'd fail so utterly at such bog-standard presidential stuff as "At least pretending to give a damn when a natural disaster causes Americans to suffer."
Huh. I never imagined he could possibly succeed at it.
Clearly, I underestimated his capacity for failure at Pretending to be Human.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

User avatar
Sandy
Posts: 9312
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 18:03
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Sandy » 04 Oct 2017, 20:50

lunchstealer wrote:
nicole wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 17:29
I feel you. I would post less from tweets if I weren't trying to avoid hitting the 10-article paywalls for a lot of these pubs.
With WaPo, clearing your WaPo cookies does the trick.
Private browser window/incognito mode.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

User avatar
Shem
Posts: 6534
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Shem » 04 Oct 2017, 21:28

Sandy wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 20:50
lunchstealer wrote:
nicole wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 17:29
I feel you. I would post less from tweets if I weren't trying to avoid hitting the 10-article paywalls for a lot of these pubs.
With WaPo, clearing your WaPo cookies does the trick.
Private browser window/incognito mode.
Word.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

User avatar
the innominate one
Posts: 11112
Joined: 17 May 2011, 16:17
Location: hypertime continuum

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by the innominate one » 05 Oct 2017, 09:55

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 21471
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Warren » 05 Oct 2017, 11:04

You get what you pay for.
Women with strollers are legitimately the worst people, and should, like motorcyclists, not be considered people for liability and criminal purposes. - lunchstealer

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 12987
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Aresen » 05 Oct 2017, 22:00

lunchstealer wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 17:43
Jennifer wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 17:14
I knew Trump would suck as a president, but I never imagined he'd fail so utterly at such bog-standard presidential stuff as "At least pretending to give a damn when a natural disaster causes Americans to suffer."
Huh. I never imagined he could possibly succeed at it.
Team Jennifer, sort of. Being mourner-in-chief is on of the functions of the POTUS. Even if you are an insensitive clod, you should at least have a speechwriter who can put together something appropriate.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 24191
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by thoreau » 05 Oct 2017, 22:08

This is why we need to separate the roles of Head of Government and Head of State
"The first rule of Grylliade club is 'Why are we talking about Grylliade club?'"
--Jake

User avatar
the innominate one
Posts: 11112
Joined: 17 May 2011, 16:17
Location: hypertime continuum

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by the innominate one » 05 Oct 2017, 22:10

Maybe, but more importantly, this is why Trump should be kept separate from either of those roles.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

User avatar
Jennifer
Posts: 20275
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 14:03

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Jennifer » 05 Oct 2017, 23:22

Aresen wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 22:00
lunchstealer wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 17:43
Jennifer wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 17:14
I knew Trump would suck as a president, but I never imagined he'd fail so utterly at such bog-standard presidential stuff as "At least pretending to give a damn when a natural disaster causes Americans to suffer."
Huh. I never imagined he could possibly succeed at it.
Team Jennifer, sort of. Being mourner-in-chief is on of the functions of the POTUS. Even if you are an insensitive clod, you should at least have a speechwriter who can put together something appropriate.
To paraphrase a comment I read on some thread about Trump's Puerto Rican debacle -- when that thoroughly vile Nicolae Ceausescu was dictator of Romania, he was visiting and being feted in some other country when a very bad earthquake struck Romania, so he cut his visit short and returned home. The only Communist dictator bad enough to be put up against the wall and shot when European Communism fell -- and even he was better at doing "pretend to give a damn about your people" optics than Donald Trump.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

User avatar
the innominate one
Posts: 11112
Joined: 17 May 2011, 16:17
Location: hypertime continuum

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by the innominate one » 06 Oct 2017, 11:02

Oh, great.







The cabinet needs to do something, even if it means Pence takes over
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 21471
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Warren » 06 Oct 2017, 11:31

"broke a lid"?
Women with strollers are legitimately the worst people, and should, like motorcyclists, not be considered people for liability and criminal purposes. - lunchstealer

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 7367
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 16:28

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by nicole » 06 Oct 2017, 11:46

Warren wrote:
06 Oct 2017, 11:31
"broke a lid"?
https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-Whi ... -West-Wing
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

User avatar
the innominate one
Posts: 11112
Joined: 17 May 2011, 16:17
Location: hypertime continuum

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by the innominate one » 06 Oct 2017, 11:49

Warren has the internet, but not access to google.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 12987
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Aresen » 06 Oct 2017, 11:55

nicole wrote:
06 Oct 2017, 11:46
Warren wrote:
06 Oct 2017, 11:31
"broke a lid"?
https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-Whi ... -West-Wing
Damn. I didn't know the term, but had hoped that the 'lid' referred to was a measure of MJ sometimes used when I was a student. I am disappointed. The idea of a stoned Trump is amusing (although a little terrifying.)
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 24191
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by thoreau » 06 Oct 2017, 12:24

"Marvel calls me and they're like 'Donald, can't you delay your showdown with a nuclear power until we've made money off Thor Ragnarok?' and I'm like 'Why?' The end of the world shouldn't be some Australian guy with a costume and hammer. My ending of the world will be amazing. The best since the dinosaurs. They make movies about bringing back the dinosaurs, and some day they'll make movies about bringing back the humans from my apocalypse. Believe me. It will be better than the Bible. Kirk Cameron said the Apocalypse will take seven years and I'm like 'Why wait?' I will do it so much better. The Bible is nice with the golden calf and all that, but then it gets boring, okay? I won't make you wait seven years, the Apocalypse show could be canceled before it wraps up its story. We'll do it much quicker and it will be amazing, okay?"
"The first rule of Grylliade club is 'Why are we talking about Grylliade club?'"
--Jake

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 14452
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by lunchstealer » 06 Oct 2017, 12:40

Needs more stutter-sentences.

Kirk Cameron said the Apocalypse - Kirk Cameron is a very fine person, very fine - seven years he said. And I'm like, "Why wait?"
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"Repeated headdesk is dangerous yo." - JasonL

User avatar
the innominate one
Posts: 11112
Joined: 17 May 2011, 16:17
Location: hypertime continuum

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by the innominate one » 08 Oct 2017, 18:29

Pence went to a football game just to walk out when the players exercised their right to free expression. I realize Pence was doing the same, but damn they're good at playing to the rubes, as Nicole noted.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 12482
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Kolohe » 08 Oct 2017, 19:09

The Pence thing bothers me, more than it should (pitcher of warm piss and all that), exactly because it's so fucking transparent.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 24191
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by thoreau » 08 Oct 2017, 19:12

It's the right-wing version of virtue signaling.
"The first rule of Grylliade club is 'Why are we talking about Grylliade club?'"
--Jake

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 21471
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Warren » 08 Oct 2017, 19:54

thoreau wrote:
08 Oct 2017, 19:12
It's the right-wing version of virtue signaling.
Exactly. So why care?
Women with strollers are legitimately the worst people, and should, like motorcyclists, not be considered people for liability and criminal purposes. - lunchstealer

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 20770
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Mo » 08 Oct 2017, 19:58

Kolohe wrote:
08 Oct 2017, 19:09
The Pence thing bothers me, more than it should (pitcher of warm piss and all that), exactly because it's so fucking transparent.
Because he basically announced it to the media, flew from Vegas to Indianapolis just to do this for a few hours before heading to CA (and wasting about $250K of taxpayer dollars in the process) and had Trump and then got called out by Reid who asked, "Do you even football bro?"
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 20770
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Mo » 08 Oct 2017, 21:24

Also, Pence couldn't even give enough fucks to take a new picture.

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests