Orange is the new President

Mo

Orange is the new President

Post by Mo » 15 Nov 2016, 12:36

Lets consolidate all of the Trump related threads into one.

The Federalist Society in 1994: "No man is above the law."

The Federalist Society in 2016: "Ok, maybe one man is."

Bonus lulz, the anti-Clinton article was written by Kellyanne Conway's husband.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Andrew

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Andrew » 15 Nov 2016, 13:06

If Billy really was the impetus for Trump running, I think the temperature in the Clinton household must be around absolute zero. Perhaps it could be used as some sort of infinite heat sink.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 15 Nov 2016, 13:10

Elsewhere, I find someone griping that all their ever-so-stalwart Libertarian friends turned out to have voted for Trump, partly because of supposed "job programs".

I don't even. Where is that damn meteor? It's like all the values I care about are exactly and precisely the things the right and the left prioritize the least.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 15 Nov 2016, 13:16

SMOD was all I could hope for, but didn't even carry home district of Kuiper.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 15 Nov 2016, 13:16

We libertarians are the ones who dominated this election. My vote for Gary Johnson in California is the reason Clinton lost florida and Wisconsin, I am being told on Facebook.

Sent from a phone so their may be speling errors and autocorrect snafu's.
"The first rule of Grylliade club is 'Why are we talking about Grylliade club?'"
--Jake

Warren

Post by Warren » 15 Nov 2016, 13:19

thoreau wrote:We libertarians are the ones who dominated this election. My vote for Gary Johnson in California is the reason Clinton lost florida and Wisconsin, I am being told on Facebook.

Sent from a phone so their may be speling errors and autocorrect snafu's.
But but but... Everyone knows Libertarian votes belong to Republicans. Shouldn't they be blaming libertarians for not voting for Johnson? I know I am.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 Nov 2016, 14:06

Eric the .5b wrote:Elsewhere, I find someone griping that all their ever-so-stalwart Libertarian friends turned out to have voted for Trump, partly because of supposed "job programs".

I don't even. Where is that damn meteor? It's like all the values I care about are exactly and precisely the things the right and the left prioritize the least.
This is unclear to me, do you mean that this person did not have Libertarian friends and was attacking a strawman or that this person discovered their Libertarian friends are similar to the Hit-n-Runpublicans? If it's the latter, there are a lot of folks wondering what the eff is going on with people they previously aligned with.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 Nov 2016, 14:11

Also, while I was not surprised about the political leanings in the NFL, I'm pretty surprised how many anti-Trump coaches are in the NBA. Though articles about Pop being the most woke coach are still not acceptable.

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 Nov 2016, 14:23

Mnuchin is looking like the Treasury pick. So a former Goldman/Soros guy is running Treasury? How's that for draining the swamp.

Warren

Post by Warren » 15 Nov 2016, 14:55

Mo wrote:Mnuchin is looking like the Treasury pick. So a former Goldman/Soros guy is running Treasury? How's that for draining the swamp.
Like a gorram thunder storm. And while the googles confirm Mnuchin for Treasury, your link is to Ross for Commerce. Is he any better?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 15 Nov 2016, 15:22

Mo wrote:Mnuchin is looking like the Treasury pick. So a former Goldman/Soros guy is running Treasury? How's that for draining the swamp.
Same way building Hoover Dam was for draining Lake Mead.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 Nov 2016, 15:34

Warren wrote:
Like a gorram thunder storm. And while the googles confirm Mnuchin for Treasury, your link is to Ross for Commerce. Is he any better?
The Icahn tweet referenced also references Mnuchin. Mnuchin made his money buying IndyMac, a failed mortgage bank, following the housing crisis and then "aggressively" collecting on foreclosures. Some of their actions include falsifying documents by backdating paperwork. Ross is fine as far as being competent and not shady, which all you can ask for at this point.

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 15 Nov 2016, 15:47

Mo wrote:
Warren wrote:
The Icahn tweet referenced also references Mnuchin. Mnuchin made his money buying IndyMac, a failed mortgage bank, following the housing crisis and then "aggressively" collecting on foreclosures. Some of their actions include falsifying documents by backdating paperwork. Ross is fine as far as being competent and not shady, which all you can ask for at this point.
Or hiring companies to falsify the documents for them. Should we play Trump game and start assigning little nicknames to all his cabinet, like Crooked Mnuchin?
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 15 Nov 2016, 15:54

Mo wrote:
Eric the .5b wrote:Elsewhere, I find someone griping that all their ever-so-stalwart Libertarian friends turned out to have voted for Trump, partly because of supposed "job programs".

This is unclear to me, do you mean that this person did not have Libertarian friends and was attacking a strawman or that this person discovered their Libertarian friends are similar to the Hit-n-Runpublicans? If it's the latter, there are a lot of folks wondering what the eff is going on with people they previously aligned with.
The latter. It's an eternal thing, but with Trump, members of the "right" abandoning anything like a principle is just particularly naked.
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 Nov 2016, 15:58

Wait, what government jobs program would an ostensible Libertarian desire?

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 15 Nov 2016, 16:36

JasonL wrote:SMOD was all I could hope for, but didn't even carry home district of Kuiper.
Too much time at perigee made it out of touch with the WWC (White Working Comets)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 15 Nov 2016, 16:38

Also too much eccentricity.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 15 Nov 2016, 16:38

You know who else had a major Axis?
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 15 Nov 2016, 16:39

Dang that was nice.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 15 Nov 2016, 17:39

Stick to your guns, dude. :)
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 15 Nov 2016, 18:17

dbcooper wrote:Image

Stick to your guns, dude. :)
He got a 1 on the d20 he rolls in the morning every working day, and so he has to do something libertarian.

Better than nothing.

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 15 Nov 2016, 18:56

I don't mind that as a scale of libertarianish people. D20, d10, d6, dream of dreams d4 ...

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 15 Nov 2016, 19:02

In view of her foreign policy experience, he could appoint HRC as ambassador to ISIS.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 15 Nov 2016, 19:44

Cruz on the Court? A genius plan to get everyone else on it to retire so as to avoid him.
Saudi Arabia is doing something potentially harmful to America? Oh, hell. Does that mean we're going to invade Iraq again? - Jennifer

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 Nov 2016, 19:48

Breitbart is planning a suit against a media company for calling them a white nationalist site. This seems like it's much more likely to backfire than anything. If they lose, which seems pretty likely for 1A reasons, critics can point to the case as proof they are.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/30610 ... -o.twitter