Post by Aresen » 19 Mar 2018, 14:54

thoreau wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 14:48
Kolohe wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 14:42
They are all Fredos.
Ivanka might be Michael.
Nope. It's the Tattaglia mob.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Warren

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Warren » 20 Mar 2018, 11:08

Who's Tom?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 20 Mar 2018, 11:14

Warren wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 11:08
Who's Tom?
Tillerson

"You're not a war-time consiglieri, Rex."
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 20 Mar 2018, 13:56

Eric is Connie.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 20 Mar 2018, 15:10

"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 20 Mar 2018, 15:26

I'm honestly a little surprised anyone would even admit to being intimate with Trump. Even if with money involved.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 20 Mar 2018, 15:56

We live in a bad soap opera universe. Smh
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 22 Mar 2018, 12:14

I am amused by the faux outrage going on over Trump's congratulations to Putin on the latter's re-election.

Many of the people who are outraged were also upset when Reagan refused to attend Leonid Brezhnev's funeral.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 22 Mar 2018, 12:32

I would pay good money to see this fight.

"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 22 Mar 2018, 12:44

thoreau wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 12:32
I would pay good money to see this fight.
I think a lot of people would. Maybe this is his solution to the national debt.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 22 Mar 2018, 12:56

My money's on Joe: Looks fitter and has a better diet.

Shem

Post by Shem » 22 Mar 2018, 12:58

Aresen wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 12:14
I am amused by the faux outrage going on over Trump's congratulations to Putin on the latter's re-election.

Many of the people who are outraged were also upset when Reagan refused to attend Leonid Brezhnev's funeral.
There's a bit of a difference between going to someone's funeral to pay respects and applauding someone for "winning" an election where there are literally videos of people stuffing ballot boxes.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 22 Mar 2018, 13:11

Shem wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 12:58
Aresen wrote:

There's a bit of a difference between going to someone's funeral to pay respects and applauding someone for "winning" an election where there are literally videos of people stuffing ballot boxes.
So President Lena Dunham should go to Putin's funeral and pay respects, is what you're saying.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 22 Mar 2018, 13:15

If we get President Lena Dunham I'll probably be hospitalized and beyond the point of caring was zie does in office.
--Shem

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 22 Mar 2018, 13:44

Shem wrote:
Aresen wrote:

Why does Brezhnev deserve any more respect than Putin? Were Soviet-era elections somehow fairer?

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 22 Mar 2018, 13:53

Sometimes it is necessary to be diplomatic and congratulate a guy who doesn't really deserve it, on the grounds that he's at least been playing the game nicely of late.

Putin just ordered a chemical weapons attack on British soil. That is hardly "playing the game nicely." This is not the time for anything beyond the most pro forma diplomatic niceties. The US Embassy in Moscow should issue the usual polite statement on letterhead, or whatever it is that they do, but the President of the United States should be asking pointed questions (in diplomatically correct language), not chatting up Volodiya like a buddy.
--Shem

Warren

Post by Warren » 22 Mar 2018, 14:02

If I could have one wish, I would wish... Oh who am I kidding? It would be about hookers and blow.
But if I could make just one change to political discourse in America, it would be that everybody not actually part of the Administration would stop giving a shit about what the President says/tweets.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 22 Mar 2018, 14:21

thoreau wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 13:53
Putin just ordered a chemical weapons attack on British soil. [Citation Nee ...
Ahahaha, I just couldn't finish typing it.
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex
"Sweet tea is the archvillain in Wilford Brimley's origin story." -- Ellie

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 22 Mar 2018, 15:48

Last edited by thoreau on 22 Mar 2018, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
--Shem

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 22 Mar 2018, 16:20

thoreau wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 13:15
If we get President Lena Dunham I'll probably be hospitalized and beyond the point of caring was zie does in office.
I'm just assuming we're going to get dumb lefty stars in exchange for dumb righty stars. I take "star" loosely and couldn't think of a lefty reality star.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 22 Mar 2018, 16:20

Aresen wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 13:44
Shem wrote:
Aresen wrote:

Why does Brezhnev deserve any more respect than Putin? Were Soviet-era elections somehow fairer?
It's not Brezhnev v. Putin; it's "attending a funeral for a recently departed head of state" versus "congratulating someone for winning a clearly fraudulent election."
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Shem

Post by Shem » 22 Mar 2018, 16:23

Aresen wrote:
Shem wrote:
Aresen wrote:

It's an apples to oranges comparison. Brezhnev's funeral marks that Brezhnev died. You can make it about other stuff, but at its heart, that's all it is. Attending it can mean anything from "what a great guy" to "I want to make sure the SOB is really dead." Putin's "reelection" marks that Putin stole an election. Congratulating him on it can only mean "I don't care (at least) that you just subverted democracy to remain dictator for life."

Shem

Post by Shem » 22 Mar 2018, 16:25

thoreau wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 15:48
Former Russian agent, living in the UK after spying for them, is poisoned with something identified as a Russian-made nerve agent.
That the Russians developed, that the Russians have the only known stockpiles of, that Russian media has been crowing about since it happened, that match Russian MO for similar attacks, that (on and on).

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 22 Mar 2018, 16:28

Shem wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 16:23
Aresen wrote:
Shem wrote:
Aresen wrote:

It's an apples to oranges comparison. Brezhnev's funeral marks that Brezhnev died. You can make it about other stuff, but at its heart, that's all it is. Attending it can mean anything from "what a great guy" to "I want to make sure the SOB is really dead." Putin's "reelection" marks that Putin stole an election. Congratulating him on it can only mean "I don't care (at least) that you just subverted democracy to remain dictator for life."
And there's a difference between Trump getting all effusive on the phone and the Embassy quietly releasing whatever protocol-compliant statement is normally released. Some mid-level PR guy saying "On behalf of the Ambassador we offer congratulations; we look forward to continuing our constructive working relationship" (or whatever) is different from a nominal peer (to the extent that Trump is really the peer of any Head of State) warmly congratulating him.
--Shem

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 22 Mar 2018, 18:53

Bolton.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- (this joke would work better on Twitter)- uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.