Orange is the new President

thoreau

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by thoreau » 25 May 2018, 16:26

Jennifer wrote:
25 May 2018, 15:29
Last year federal officials managed to "lose" almost 1500 migrant children. No idea where any of them are.

http://www.startribune.com/the-latest-f ... 480986621/
If we libertarians were in charge they'd be fitted with tracking collars so as to avoid any loss of productive capacity.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 26 May 2018, 15:30

thoreau wrote:
25 May 2018, 16:26
Jennifer wrote:
Last year federal officials managed to "lose" almost 1500 migrant children. No idea where any of them are.

If we libertarians were in charge they'd be fitted with tracking collars so as to avoid any loss of productive capacity.
The good news is the dramatic reduction in waiting time for organ transplants.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 26 May 2018, 17:11

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
thoreau wrote:
25 May 2018, 16:26
Jennifer wrote:

The good news is the dramatic reduction in waiting time for organ transplants.
Trump said that we would have the most amazing healthcare.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

nicole

Post by nicole » 31 May 2018, 09:36

😂😂😂

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 31 May 2018, 09:42

He's granting a pardon to the guy who mocked school shooting victims on the same day he's meeting with families of school shooting victims? That's timing for you.
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 31 May 2018, 11:00

This can't be real.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

nicole

Post by nicole » 31 May 2018, 11:59

It's about to get realer

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 31 May 2018, 12:16

And Martha Stewart as well.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/31/politics ... index.html

Good to see that Kim Kardashian's intervention is yielding dividends for criminal justice reform.
--Shem

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 31 May 2018, 12:19

I'm fine with Martha Stewart. She's a badass bitch. </playing favorites>

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 31 May 2018, 12:20

thoreau wrote:
31 May 2018, 12:16
Good to see that Kim Kardashian's intervention is yielding dividends for criminal justice reform.
I am going to be pissed if he pardons a bunch of douchebags but not Alice Marie Johnson. I don't know why I would expect anything but the worst from Trump, but I had held out a faint hope on this one case.

nicole

Post by nicole » 31 May 2018, 12:23

Look, Alice Marie Johnson wasn't prosecuted by someone who's currently part of the Mueller probe, so too bad for her.

Warren

Post by Warren » 31 May 2018, 12:40

Ellie wrote:
31 May 2018, 12:19
I'm fine with Martha Stewart. She's a badass bitch. </playing favorites>
Also, she was convicted of Profiting While White.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 31 May 2018, 14:03

Ellie wrote:
thoreau wrote:
I am going to be pissed if he pardons a bunch of douchebags but not Alice Marie Johnson. I don't know why I would expect anything but the worst from Trump, but I had held out a faint hope on this one case.
Vanity of vanities, all things are vanity.
--Shem

Jake

Post by Jake » 31 May 2018, 14:24

Team Sinkhole.
"TIL that it's genetically impossible for whales to have evolved from leg-having ancestors, millions of scientists are signing a petition to stop the teaching of evolution and evolution isn't real because Nazis wanted to kill all the Jews. Alternately, I met a moron at the museum." -- TIO

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 31 May 2018, 14:37

Samantha Bee is in trouble for calling Ivanka Trump a cunt. Samantha Bee is generally not funny, but Ivanka Trump is a cunt.
". . . even the federalist folk are probably a bit wary, and they're essentially cosplaying the preacher from footloose." - dhex

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 31 May 2018, 14:45

I mean there is no time it isn't appropriate to call Ivanka Trump a cunt, though there are times it is more appropriate (to her face).

I wonder if people are upset because they think "feckless" is related to "fuck."
". . . even the federalist folk are probably a bit wary, and they're essentially cosplaying the preacher from footloose." - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 31 May 2018, 15:49

Ellie wrote:
31 May 2018, 12:20
thoreau wrote:
Maybe if Ms. Johnson were to die in prison? His pardon of Jack Johnson suggests he's fine with rectifying injustice against black people, so long as said people are dead. :cry:
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Highway

Post by Highway » 31 May 2018, 17:40

Whoever Erick Erickson is said "All the progressives in my timeline telling me the Roseanne situation and Samantha Bee situation are not comparable will, I’m sure, be fine when Trump supporters start calling Clinton, Warren, Pelosi, etc. the same as what Samantha Bee called Ivanka Trump." and I'm thinking "welcome to 2012 already, pal..."
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

dhex

Post by dhex » 31 May 2018, 18:48

Also people are hung up on the cunt thing rather than the subsequent suggestion that she put on a revealing outfit so her father will pay attention.

Like one of those things is waaaaaaaaaaaay worse.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

nicole

Post by nicole » 31 May 2018, 19:16

dhex wrote:
31 May 2018, 18:48
Also people are hung up on the cunt thing rather than the subsequent suggestion that she put on a revealing outfit so her father will pay attention.

dubs was just complaining about that and i was like whooooooa i had no idea

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 31 May 2018, 19:17

Stewart is fine by me because she wasn't even charged with a crime. She didn't have real insider knowledge of the company she traded, and didn't have any real duty not to act on the tip that the CEO was dumping his stock for some unknown reason. But Comey just couldn't leave well enough alone, so he blustered and got her to fib to cover the tracks of her not-crime, and then slammed her for that.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren » 31 May 2018, 19:30

dhex wrote:
31 May 2018, 18:48

The cunt thing is worse because the father thing is funny.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 31 May 2018, 20:01

lunchstealer wrote:
31 May 2018, 19:17
Stewart is fine by me because she wasn't even charged with a crime. She didn't have real insider knowledge of the company she traded, and didn't have any real duty not to act on the tip that the CEO was dumping his stock for some unknown reason. But Comey just couldn't leave well enough alone, so he blustered and got her to fib to cover the tracks of her not-crime, and then slammed her for that.
Sure, on some level I don't object to pardoning her.

I fundamentally object to prioritizing her case over countless others. She's doing fine in life. Her criminal conviction isn't holding her back. Pardoning her is valid but low-priority. If he pardons a rich friend, and does so while Mueller is going after a whole bunch of his friends to get at his misconduct, and does so after being shown the case of a person who's suffering far more, that just reinforces everything we already know.

So, good for Stewart, but fuck that guy.
--Shem

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 31 May 2018, 20:09

I can't believe Stewart would want a pardon. She's living that thug life.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 31 May 2018, 20:17

thoreau wrote:
31 May 2018, 20:01
lunchstealer wrote:
31 May 2018, 19:17
Sure, on some level I don't object to pardoning her.

I fundamentally object to prioritizing her case over countless others. She's doing fine in life. Her criminal conviction isn't holding her back. Pardoning her is valid but low-priority. If he pardons a rich friend, and does so while Mueller is going after a whole bunch of his friends to get at his misconduct, and does so after being shown the case of a person who's suffering far more, that just reinforces everything we already know.

So, good for Stewart, but fuck that guy.
Yeah, if he's thinking anything beyond "I should pardon rich people who did what rich people should do" then it's almost undoubtedly a big fuck you to Comey.

So it's Trump being Trump and is pretty much just adding to the huge pile of 'meh' which counts for good news from this asshole. As long as he's fucking around with this he's not PERSONALLY doing more harm, although Kelly and Jefferson[Davis] [PGT}Beauregard are still out there being evil.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR