Orange is the new President

thoreau

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by thoreau » 02 Jan 2018, 20:44

This is the most perfect response possible:

"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

nicole

Post by nicole » 03 Jan 2018, 13:23

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

MJGreen

Post by MJGreen » 03 Jan 2018, 13:45

Just finished reading the Wolff piece at nymag, which makes that statement even funnier. There are so many nuggets of gold here, I can't single out just one. Trump's obsession with Murdoch, Bannon and Ailes sleazing it up in a Greenwich townhouse, Trump eating cheeseburgers in bed, Jared's helpful suggestion to Joe and Mika...

Mo

Post by Mo » 03 Jan 2018, 13:47

It's a great read, sadly Wolff can be unreliable.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

MJGreen

Post by MJGreen » 03 Jan 2018, 14:14

I was more incredulous at the start of the piece than at the end. It is hard to discern what is wildly embellished or secondhand hearsay and what is true enough*, but I'm impressed by the amount of access he claims to have had. Most important to me right now is how entertaining it is; I didn't realize how much I needed it to improve my mood.

*the same can be said for anything coming from Trump

nicole

Post by nicole » 03 Jan 2018, 14:24

Oh yeah. This is the good stuff.

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

Mo

Post by Mo » 03 Jan 2018, 14:54

Clearly the source is Bannon.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 03 Jan 2018, 16:29

This spat has been entertaining. I suspect the alt right may be memeing into oblivion soon.

Or else they'll become like Gramsci, torturing their ideology into supporting a main-line social democratic line and calling it woke red-pilled.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Mo

Post by Mo » 03 Jan 2018, 16:35

Trump is dumber than I thought.
The book, "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," which paints an unflattering portrait of Trump's campaign and administration, came from Wolff spending months in the White House — often in Bannon's office. Trump was aware of the project and gave the blessing for others to talk to Wolff, the author said. One senior White House official said Trump advisers considered Wolff friendly and believed it would be beneficial to speak with him; this person also said Trump was interviewed by Wolff.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

dhex

Post by dhex » 03 Jan 2018, 17:19

what a curious fellow.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 03 Jan 2018, 18:02

Mo wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 16:35
The book, "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," which paints an unflattering portrait of Trump's campaign and administration, came from Wolff spending months in the White House — often in Bannon's office. Trump was aware of the project and gave the blessing for others to talk to Wolff, the author said. One senior White House official said Trump advisers considered Wolff friendly and believed it would be beneficial to speak with him; this person also said Trump was interviewed by Wolff.
Though Bob Woodward has written mutiple books about the last four Presidential administrations in largely the same way.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Shem

Post by Shem » 03 Jan 2018, 21:03

Kolohe wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 18:02
Mo wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 16:35
Though Bob Woodward has written mutiple books about the last four Presidential administrations in largely the same way.
With a reputation for being at the very least sympathetic to his subjects. That's why they go to Woodward rather than "some dude."
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Mo

Post by Mo » 03 Jan 2018, 21:18

How does this plan work at all? Like this plan clearly does not come from someone who is actually a womanizer.

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 03 Jan 2018, 21:38

It can work in two cases:

One is if the woman kinda wants to sleep with you, but isn't out of a sense of faithfulness. Prove that her husband doesn't deserve it.

The other is if she's the right kind of vindictive. "He's cheating on me? I'll show him!"

Of course, there's a third way, which is if you're a character in a bad sitcom and/or a Shakespeare play.

Mo

Post by Mo » 03 Jan 2018, 23:27

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the Cowboys v. Patriots Super Bowl of litigation.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-at ... d=52128555

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 04 Jan 2018, 06:39

That's fascinating.

The defamation claims are highly unlikely to go anywhere. But I have no idea how the nondisclosure agreement and nondisparagement clauses would be evaluated.

However, it seems unlikely that this would actually proceed to a lawsuit for the usual "Do you really want to allow discovery here?" reasons.

Warren

Post by Warren » 04 Jan 2018, 08:47

Jadagul wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 21:38

One is if the woman kinda wants to sleep with you, but isn't out of a sense of faithfulness. Prove that her husband doesn't deserve it.

The other is if she's the right kind of vindictive. "He's cheating on me? I'll show him!"

Of course, there's a third way, which is if you're a character in a bad sitcom and/or a Shakespeare play.
Or she's attracted to money. I've heard that some women are like that.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 04 Jan 2018, 08:47

The book now says that Kushner got an online Unitarian ministry and offered to marry Joe and Mika. <3

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Ivanka-Tr ... ter-532808

Mo

Post by Mo » 04 Jan 2018, 08:48

Warren wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 08:47
Jadagul wrote:

I suspect Trump's 'friends' are wealthy in their own right, in many cases, wealthier.

Warren

Post by Warren » 04 Jan 2018, 08:52

Mo wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 08:48
Warren wrote:
Jadagul wrote:

I suspect Trump's 'friends' are wealthy in their own right, in many cases, wealthier.
And they didn't get that way by fucking a bunch of poor people. HIOOOOOOOOO
Wait. I think that is how Trump got his money.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 04 Jan 2018, 08:53

He got wealthy because his dad fucked a poor person.

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 04 Jan 2018, 11:37

Warren wrote:
Jadagul wrote:

That can help explain how Trump (hypothetically) gets laid, but doesn't explain the point of the speakerphone shenanigan. Which is what I was trying to explain. How does "Watch me talk your husband into cheating on you" transition to "and now we're gonna fuck"?

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 04 Jan 2018, 11:58

Jadagul wrote:That's fascinating.

The defamation claims are highly unlikely to go anywhere. But I have no idea how the nondisclosure agreement and nondisparagement clauses would be evaluated.

However, it seems unlikely that this would actually proceed to a lawsuit for the usual "Do you really want to allow discovery here?" reasons.
Discovery in this case would be very much in the interests of the popcorn-consuming public and professional comedians everywhere.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 04 Jan 2018, 12:15

thoreau wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 11:58
Jadagul wrote:That's fascinating.

Discovery in this case would be very much in the interests of the popcorn-consuming public and professional comedians everywhere.

Exactly.

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 07 Jan 2018, 11:09

How does Jake Tapper not just beat the shit out of this rude, lying sack of crap? His ratings would go through the roof?

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex