thoreau

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by thoreau »

Shem wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 19:41
lunchstealer wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 19:34
Warren wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 16:10
thoreau wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 16:06
Warren wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 16:03
thoreau wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 15:53 They are products of a society where many people think that Trump is no worse than any other politician.
You got that backwards. You draw your student body overwhelmingly from people that think Trump is some uniquely bad politician.
America's left and right drink of the same proud ignorance. It runs deep in our culture.
True dat.
I'm pretty sure T's students mostly come from the "I like The Apprentice. Who's the President again?" society.
Considering most of his upperclassmen were about 6 years old when The Apprentice came out, I'm pretty sure none of them gave or give a shit about it.
It's so adorable that you think they're already in upper-division classes by their early 20's. They're just repeating calculus 2 by that age.

But I think Lunchstealer was referring to the social segment that spawned them, not their own tastes.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Warren wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 19:40 I'd be indifferent to Biden if I wasn't so afraid of Kamala.
Just when did Mike Pence become acceptable?
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Guys. Warren wants to burn it all down. Once you get that you kind of understand why he thinks Biden is worse. Biden slows the fire a bit.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
Warren

Post by Warren »

Aresen wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 22:26
Warren wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 19:40 I'd be indifferent to Biden if I wasn't so afraid of Kamala.
Just when did Mike Pence become acceptable?
He isn't. But he's not as dangerous as Kamala. If for no other reason than it's he's a bench warmer and I don't see that changing.
Kamala is another story. Frankly I'm a kinda surprised Biden hasn't actually shit himself already. Maybe he has though. It hasn't been much of a campaign.
Pham Nuwen wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 00:20 Guys. Warren wants to burn it all down. Once you get that you kind of understand why he thinks Biden is worse. Biden slows the fire a bit.
That's just bullshit. I don't see how Biden slows anything down.

I'm voting for Jo Jorgensen. And if you vote for anyone else, you are the problem and also pure evil.
No matter what you think of the LP, it's 2020 now and it's just nonsense to say they're silly and not serious when you set then aside the major parties.
Jo is a superior candidate to either Biden or Trump in every possible way.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

As long as the Libertarian vote is drawing from what probably would otherwise be a vote for Republicans, I'm okay with that. Ordinarily, I either don't bother to vote or vote for whatever Libertarian candidates may be on the ballot.

But if you think voting for Biden under current circumstances makes one pure evil, you probably shouldn't want to associate with me or a fair number of other people on this forum.
Shem

Post by Shem »

I'm pretty sure I don't find the moral sensibilities of a guy who can completely blow off stealing infants from their parents and putting them into the care of elementary school aged kids to be all that compelling.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen
Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

Pure evil? Well, then, hail Satan, I guess.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Number 6 wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 13:00 Pure evil? Well, then, hail Satan, I guess.
Well I mean Hail Satan anyway, evil or not.

And now I have "Best Ever Death Metal Band from Denton" stuck in my head.

But yeah this year I'm on Team Pure Evil. Romney v Obama, sure I get it. I wouldn't say PURE evil, but certainly participating in evil. Trump v Biden, nope. I mean I kinda get it this time too, but you're wrong, I just get why you're wrong.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Well, I'm voting for Biden, but I was pure evil long before that. I mean, I'm skeptical of gender, I think physics students should know math, and I think standardized tests measure (somewhat) real things that matter. I'm basically Hitler with a side helping of Stalin.

Vote Biden, and together we'll unleash the kyriarchy!
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Team Everyone-Who's-Not-Warren.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.
Warren

Post by Warren »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 12:21
But if you think voting for Biden under current circumstances makes one pure evil, you probably shouldn't want to associate with me or a fair number of other people on this forum.
I don't.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Obviously, I don't have a vote in this, but I would probably vote Biden - or more accurately, to defeat Trump - if I were in an even-close-to-swing state. If I were in CA, NY, UT or AL where it wouldn't mean an effing thing, I would vote for Jorgenson.

The one concern I do share with Warren is that, if Biden does win big or small, it will be interpreted as a 'mandate' for Biden/Harris and the blues in general instead of a rejection of Trump.
Robert Heinlein wrote:There’s always a choice! This one is a choice between ‘bad’ and ‘worse—’which is a difference much more poignant than that between ‘good’ and ‘better.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
Twba

Post by Twba »

What the fuck, people? Joe Biden was in Congress when I was in grade school. You think that old, addled moron is going to make anything better? I will once again not vote. Fuck these politicians. And fuck you too if you take this shit too seriously.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Don't anyone look at me, I still think we should be living in a kittenocracy!
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD
JD

Post by JD »

I'll vote for somebody, I guess, but I don't expect it to make much difference. People here keep telling me I have to vote, it makes so much difference, like my vote is singlehandedly going to swing New York State, which hasn't gone Republican since 1984.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Jojo 2020 is where I'm at but people keep pestering me to vote Biden.

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 11:08 Jojo 2020 is where I'm at but people keep pestering me to vote Biden.
You're in a swing state. Vote Diamond Joe, not jojo. You can be evil like me if you go for Diamond Joe.
--Mo
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Aresen wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 20:16 The one concern I do share with Warren is that, if Biden does win big or small, it will be interpreted as a 'mandate' for Biden/Harris and the blues in general instead of a rejection of Trump.
Robert Heinlein wrote:There’s always a choice! This one is a choice between ‘bad’ and ‘worse—’which is a difference much more poignant than that between ‘good’ and ‘better.
Victory is always treated as a mandate. It's not like Trump (or GWB) acted with humility regarding not even winning the popular vote.

Thank Team Red for its fecklessness in being taken over by a blustering reality TV host.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.
Warren

Post by Warren »

thoreau wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 11:18
Pham Nuwen wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 11:08 Jojo 2020 is where I'm at but people keep pestering me to vote Biden.
You're in a swing state. Vote Diamond Joe, not jojo. You can be evil like me if you go for Diamond Joe.
Fuck that. Your vote makes zero difference in which way your state goes. Not almost zero. Absolutely zero. OTOH support for LP helps maintain their ballot access, and keeping a third party alive against the two major parties. Both of which are built on fucking you over. You know this is true.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Shem

Post by Shem »

If it'll make you feel better, I'll trade you votes.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen
Warren

Post by Warren »

Shem wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 15:57
Fuck that. Third party votes in closely contested states are more precious. You should both vote for Jo Jo in any case.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Warren wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 15:59
Fuck that. Third party votes in closely contested states are more precious. You should both vote for Jo Jo in any case.
Pipe down, junior. The adults are talking.

Shem,

So what then exactly. You saying I vote Biden and you vote Jojo? I gotta live with that you know.

Warren

Post by Warren »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 17:10
Warren wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 15:59
Pipe down, junior. The adults are talking.

Shem,

So what then exactly. You saying I vote Biden and you vote Jojo? I gotta live with that you know.
I'm the only adult in the room Sonny boy. If you won't respect your elders, you should at least respect your betters.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Defeating Trump is too important to take chances. If you don't see why, go play in the kiddie pool. We'll get you some MAGA pool toys (Made in China).
--Mo
Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

I doubt he can be defeated. I’m still tossing my vote to the one team that has a chance of getting Trump out.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul