Calling 2020 for Entropy

User avatar
Shem
Posts: 7592
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Shem » 30 Mar 2019, 16:14

Nope, but this will. Thank Christ. Nobody should go to the previous page, ever.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

User avatar
Highway
Posts: 13220
Joined: 12 May 2011, 00:22
Location: the Electric Ocean

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Highway » 30 Mar 2019, 16:31

Shem probably doesn't use tapatalk, which shows the last image posted in a thread as a thumbnail for that thread...
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 15721
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Aresen » 30 Mar 2019, 18:08

Highway wrote:
30 Mar 2019, 16:31
Shem probably doesn't use tapatalk, which shows the last image posted in a thread as a thumbnail for that thread...
Can we download it onto his phone.

(I'd quote lunchstealer's post to bring it up on this page, but that would probably earn me a place as first-in-front-of-an-anti-aircraft-gun once Shemocracy was established.)
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
Tuco
Posts: 256
Joined: 18 Feb 2017, 21:00

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Tuco » 31 Mar 2019, 06:06

Thank you, Shem.

User avatar
Jennifer
Posts: 24078
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 14:03

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Jennifer » 31 Mar 2019, 15:21

Aresen wrote:
30 Mar 2019, 18:08
Highway wrote:
30 Mar 2019, 16:31
Shem probably doesn't use tapatalk, which shows the last image posted in a thread as a thumbnail for that thread...
Can we download it onto his phone.

(I'd quote lunchstealer's post to bring it up on this page, but that would probably earn me a place as first-in-front-of-an-anti-aircraft-gun once Shemocracy was established.)
Lunchstealer should've known better. Dictators aren't invited to take over when things go well; that first requires a catastrophe. Future historians will say the Trump's ass photo is to the Shemocracy what the torching of the Reichstag was to the Nazis.

Way to go, Lunch.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 24379
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Mo » 02 Apr 2019, 06:45

Buttigieg will become president because it is preordained that Gen X is permanently skipped over.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 7676
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Pham Nuwen » 02 Apr 2019, 09:01

Mo wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 06:45
Buttigieg will become president because it is preordained that Gen X is permanently skipped over.
Does this mean I'm going to have to research Buttigieg? His name makes me want to safe search every time I type it. I dont think I could do that for 4 straight years.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 27873
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by thoreau » 02 Apr 2019, 11:34

I'm still waiting for President Ethan Hawke.

If the US can elect a TV star, why not a movie star?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

User avatar
JasonL
Posts: 23869
Joined: 05 May 2010, 17:22

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by JasonL » 02 Apr 2019, 16:03

Mo wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 06:45
Buttigieg will become president because it is preordained that Gen X is permanently skipped over.
Haha this is so true. We are the nameless, forgotten wretches who neither broke everything nor spend our time at moms having her do our laundry while we complain about how bad we have it. We are the Great Meh.

User avatar
Painboy
Posts: 4017
Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 11:33
Location: Seattle

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Painboy » 02 Apr 2019, 16:15

thoreau wrote:I'm still waiting for President Ethan Hawke.

If the US can elect a TV star, why not a movie star?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
What does that have to do with Ethan Hawke?

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 27873
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by thoreau » 02 Apr 2019, 17:58

Don't remind me of the cruel reality, man. It bites.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

User avatar
Shem
Posts: 7592
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Shem » 02 Apr 2019, 18:44

JasonL wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 16:03
Mo wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 06:45
Buttigieg will become president because it is preordained that Gen X is permanently skipped over.
Haha this is so true. We are the nameless, forgotten wretches who neither broke everything nor spend our time at moms having her do our laundry while we complain about how bad we have it. We are the Great Meh.
Big talk from the guy whose generation brought us Ted Cruz.

But hey, bitching about being ignored means never having to say "I tried and failed." So you got that going for you.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 18640
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 02 Apr 2019, 19:57

Size matters.

User avatar
JasonL
Posts: 23869
Joined: 05 May 2010, 17:22

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by JasonL » 02 Apr 2019, 20:19

Shem wrote:
JasonL wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 16:03
Mo wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 06:45
Buttigieg will become president because it is preordained that Gen X is permanently skipped over.
Haha this is so true. We are the nameless, forgotten wretches who neither broke everything nor spend our time at moms having her do our laundry while we complain about how bad we have it. We are the Great Meh.
Big talk from the guy whose generation brought us Ted Cruz.

But hey, bitching about being ignored means never having to say "I tried and failed." So you got that going for you.
Tried. Outdated concept.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 26360
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Warren » 02 Apr 2019, 20:44

JasonL wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 20:19
Shem wrote:
JasonL wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 16:03
Mo wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 06:45
Buttigieg will become president because it is preordained that Gen X is permanently skipped over.
Haha this is so true. We are the nameless, forgotten wretches who neither broke everything nor spend our time at moms having her do our laundry while we complain about how bad we have it. We are the Great Meh.
Big talk from the guy whose generation brought us Ted Cruz.

But hey, bitching about being ignored means never having to say "I tried and failed." So you got that going for you.
Tried. Outdated concept.
But failure is eternal.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 27873
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by thoreau » 02 Apr 2019, 21:16

Obama is, depending on your definitions, either an old X or a young Boomer. But I'm not eager to claim the guy who invaded Libya as part of X Force.

Julian Castro was born in 1974, so solidly Gen X. Kamala Harris was born in 1964 (but she likes prison labor) and Kirsten Gillibrand was born in 1966, so both are Gen X. Cory Booker was born in 1969. Definitely Gen X.

But if you want a Gen X President who will cut DoD and DHS spending by 50%, abolish the DEA, trim all other departments by 10%, tax dividends and capital gains like any other income, eliminate every tax deduction you've ever heard of as well as all of the ones you haven't heard of, tax the everloving fuck out of fossil fuels, eliminate the income cap for payroll taxes, and put corporate tax rates on par with the rest of the world, vote for me. I'll do what Gen X was born to do: Clean up the Boomers' messes. And my inaugural ball will feature bands that got heavy rotation on KROQ in the 90's.

And then I'll build a concentration camp for Edufad types. Because the veal need to start learning, damnit!
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

User avatar
Shem
Posts: 7592
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Shem » 02 Apr 2019, 23:27

Boomers ended in 1964. It is the only generational divide whose start and end dates are absolutely, completely, not up for debate, because it is based around an actual, no-shit demographic trend that we can track on a single line chart. Every other generation before and after is based on sticky sociology. Not the Baby Boomers.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

User avatar
Shem
Posts: 7592
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Shem » 02 Apr 2019, 23:30

JasonL wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 20:19
Shem wrote:
JasonL wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 16:03
Mo wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 06:45
Buttigieg will become president because it is preordained that Gen X is permanently skipped over.
Haha this is so true. We are the nameless, forgotten wretches who neither broke everything nor spend our time at moms having her do our laundry while we complain about how bad we have it. We are the Great Meh.
Big talk from the guy whose generation brought us Ted Cruz.

But hey, bitching about being ignored means never having to say "I tried and failed." So you got that going for you.
Tried. Outdated concept.
Ted. Cruz. Into the dustbin of history with you.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

User avatar
Number 6
Posts: 3032
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:41

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Number 6 » 02 Apr 2019, 23:30

thoreau wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 21:16
Obama is, depending on your definitions, either an old X or a young Boomer. But I'm not eager to claim the guy who invaded Libya as part of X Force.

Julian Castro was born in 1974, so solidly Gen X. Kamala Harris was born in 1964 (but she likes prison labor) and Kirsten Gillibrand was born in 1966, so both are Gen X. Cory Booker was born in 1969. Definitely Gen X.

But if you want a Gen X President who will cut DoD and DHS spending by 50%, abolish the DEA, trim all other departments by 10%, tax dividends and capital gains like any other income, eliminate every tax deduction you've ever heard of as well as all of the ones you haven't heard of, tax the everloving fuck out of fossil fuels, eliminate the income cap for payroll taxes, and put corporate tax rates on par with the rest of the world, vote for me. I'll do what Gen X was born to do: Clean up the Boomers' messes. And my inaugural ball will feature bands that got heavy rotation on KROQ in the 90's.

And then I'll build a concentration camp for Edufad types. Because the veal need to start learning, damnit!
Sure, I'm in. As long as there's some Rollins Band mixed in with the Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

User avatar
Taktix®
Posts: 7910
Joined: 07 May 2010, 05:29
Location: The Caribbean

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Taktix® » 02 Apr 2019, 23:36

thoreau wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 11:34
I'm still waiting for President Ethan Hawke.

If the US can elect a TV star, why not a movie star?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
How about president Joe Strummer?



TL;DR: Beto's entrance music is currently "Clampdown" by The Clash...
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 27873
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by thoreau » 03 Apr 2019, 00:02

Shem wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 23:27
Boomers ended in 1964. It is the only generational divide whose start and end dates are absolutely, completely, not up for debate, because it is based around an actual, no-shit demographic trend that we can track on a single line chart. Every other generation before and after is based on sticky sociology. Not the Baby Boomers.
So Kamala Harris, born in 1964, is NOT Generation X?

Sweet!
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 17159
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by lunchstealer » 03 Apr 2019, 02:10

Mo wrote:Buttigieg will become president because it is preordained that Gen X is permanently skipped over.
We are the next silent generation. Biden could’ve been their president if he’d run in 2016, but now it’s me too and he’s just too much creeper.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 24379
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Mo » 03 Apr 2019, 04:19

Shem wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 23:30
JasonL wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 20:19
Shem wrote:
JasonL wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 16:03
Mo wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 06:45
Buttigieg will become president because it is preordained that Gen X is permanently skipped over.
Haha this is so true. We are the nameless, forgotten wretches who neither broke everything nor spend our time at moms having her do our laundry while we complain about how bad we have it. We are the Great Meh.
Big talk from the guy whose generation brought us Ted Cruz.

But hey, bitching about being ignored means never having to say "I tried and failed." So you got that going for you.
Tried. Outdated concept.
Ted. Cruz. Into the dustbin of history with you.
I just left a hipster coffee shop and I heard that Jacob Wohl makes all of this moot.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Shem
Posts: 7592
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Shem » 03 Apr 2019, 12:55

Mo wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 04:19
Shem wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 23:30
JasonL wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 20:19
Shem wrote:
JasonL wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 16:03
Mo wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 06:45
Buttigieg will become president because it is preordained that Gen X is permanently skipped over.
Haha this is so true. We are the nameless, forgotten wretches who neither broke everything nor spend our time at moms having her do our laundry while we complain about how bad we have it. We are the Great Meh.
Big talk from the guy whose generation brought us Ted Cruz.

But hey, bitching about being ignored means never having to say "I tried and failed." So you got that going for you.
Tried. Outdated concept.
Ted. Cruz. Into the dustbin of history with you.
I just left a hipster coffee shop and I heard that Jacob Wohl makes all of this moot.
Jacob Wohl isn't a millennial.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 15721
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Aresen » 03 Apr 2019, 13:09

Personally, I am just hoping that all 2020 primary and general election debates are moderated by Thanos.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests