Calling 2020 for Entropy

Aresen

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Aresen » 25 Mar 2017, 23:40

Taktix® wrote:Yep, it's the end of the world: https://www.citylab.com/design/2017/03/ ... urce=atlfb

It's a giant, phallic, golden tower, at 666 Fifth Avenue, to be built by Kushner Companies, designed by a crazy impractical jackass architect who designs inside-out skyscrapers, using materials manufactured by the slave laborers in Dubai. Oh, and Chinese people can buy a visa through the building. When Armageddon comes, this building will somehow be involved.

Reality is completely absurd...
It should have a copy of the Jet d'Eau at the top.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 26 Mar 2017, 00:12

The whole building is a huge super-conductive antenna that was designed and built expressly for the purpose of pulling in and concentrating spiritual turbulence.

They will conduct rituals up on the roof, bizarre rituals intended to bring about the end of the world, and now it looks like it may actually happen!

Sent from a phone so their may be speling errors and autocorrect snafu's.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Warren

Post by Warren » 26 Mar 2017, 00:29

Soooooo
Can I pick the form of the Destroyer?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 26 Mar 2017, 00:45

Warren wrote:Soooooo
You went swimming with Hugh?
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 26 Mar 2017, 02:06

Aresen wrote:
Warren wrote:Soooooo
You went swimming with Hugh?
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Warren

Post by Warren » 26 Mar 2017, 02:21

Hugh can be my *chortle* wait for it... Wing Man!
Wadda ya say Hugh? Care to tag team Manhattan with me, bringing the end times?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 10 Apr 2017, 21:03

Episode 5346 in Ted Cruz is a creepy motherfucker.
all cheered when Cruz recalled how his “lips curled into a smile” when he saw a Democratic colleague mourn Clinton’s defeat.
The only other place where I recall a description of "lips curled into a smile" is the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and Ted Cruz described himself that way.

Also, it would be hilarious if Donald Trump led to Koch's home district flipping Blue.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 10 Apr 2017, 22:25

Mo wrote:Episode 5346 in Ted Cruz is a creepy motherfucker.
all cheered when Cruz recalled how his “lips curled into a smile” when he saw a Democratic colleague mourn Clinton’s defeat.
The only other place where I recall a description of "lips curled into a smile" is the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and Ted Cruz described himself that way.
Who says life doesn't imitate art?

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 13 Apr 2017, 23:27

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... e-found-in

Ok, maybe this is starting to get really bad...
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 13 Apr 2017, 23:47

Taktix® wrote:http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... e-found-in

initial reports from non-sensational press are saying probable suicide.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 13 Apr 2017, 23:49

Kolohe wrote:

I know, but, come on, if you found out that Trump's little racist cronies were behind it, would you be shocked? That itself is telling...
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 14 Apr 2017, 00:15

Well, finally one of those hate crime vandalisms was actually not a hoax (allegedly). They just arrested a non-Jew for spray painting a swastika on a local JCC. http://wjla.com/news/crime/police-arres ... urch-in-va
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 14 Apr 2017, 01:55

Sandy wrote:Well, finally one of those hate crime vandalisms was actually not a hoax (allegedly). They just arrested a non-Jew for spray painting a swastika on a local JCC. http://wjla.com/news/crime/police-arres ... urch-in-va
Dammit!! Why'd he have to be white? I mean seriously, I want some surrealism in my life and a black Christian(or Jew but I think that'd be pushing it) being behind this would have fit that bill. But Nooooo, had to be a honky.
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex
"Sweet tea is the archvillain in Wilford Brimley's origin story." -- Ellie

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 14 Apr 2017, 01:58

Look, Jews, LGBT, and people of color were taking all the hate crime jobs away from white cis hetero men, so it's high time we got those jobs back.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Warren

Post by Warren » 14 Apr 2017, 11:34

Kwix, do you think there's shortage of black on Jew hate in this country?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 15 Apr 2017, 20:48

Taktix® wrote:I know, but, come on, if you found out that Trump's little racist cronies were behind it, would you be shocked? That itself is telling...
As I tell liberals who use that same argument after they find out they went off half-cocked at a story, treated a parody as real, etc. no, it's not telling at all.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

nicole

Post by nicole » 16 Apr 2017, 14:13

Taktix® wrote:
Kolohe wrote:

I know, but, come on, if you found out that Trump's little racist cronies were behind it, would you be shocked? That itself is telling...
She wasn't actually Muslim. She was just married to one.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 May 2017, 11:47

This seems like a dumb move. It just screams petty and childish and would annoy even your own supporters as an abuse of power.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 15 May 2017, 12:23

Mo wrote:This seems like a dumb move. It just screams petty and childish and would annoy even your own supporters as an abuse of power.
In New Jersey? She's lucky he didn't just have the boys bust a kneecap or two. Seriously, though, do you think the average voter in his district is going to care?

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 May 2017, 12:49

The dumb part is that there's a hand written paper trail and it's easy to understand. Constituent did something relatively banal and a Congressman wrote a letter to her boss. So it's easy to get across in a 30 second commercial. Getting a couple of local toughs to rough her up would be better because there's plausible deniability. Especially since midterms are all about turnout

Highway

Post by Highway » 15 May 2017, 13:27

I think that doing this kind of intimidation so publicly right off the bat will probably drive some similar efforts more underground, but also make it a lot easier to retaliate against future efforts to do this.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Mo

Post by Mo » 24 May 2017, 22:07

Gianforte winning is actually better for Dems than Quist winning. #hottakes

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 28 May 2017, 02:29

Good article about how conservatives/Republicans have been responding to the Gianforte story:

http://www.businessinsider.com/gianfort ... ote-2017-5
Republicans used to claim to favor the rule of law.

Yet what happened when a Republican candidate for Congress in Montana was accused of body-slamming a reporter and cited for misdemeanor assault?

The conservative commentator Laura Ingraham wanted to know why he went crying to the police.

"Did anyone get his lunch money stolen today and then run to tell the recess monitor?" she tweeted.

Of course, this is what the police are for: They investigate crimes and enforce laws, so we don't have to get into physical altercations with Republican candidates who really don't want to discuss the Congressional Budget Office's score for the Republican healthcare bill.

Calling the police when a man grabs you by the throat and slams you to the floor, as witnesses have described — while you and he are both at work and he is a candidate for Congress — is what an adult does in a civilized society.

Yet, as Kevin Glass notes, "conservatives" in the Trump era tend to think not like adults, but high-school boys, vaunting the sort of ideal of masculinity that might be imagined by a socially maladjusted 15-year-old and tolerating in our political leaders the sort of behavior that a guidance counselor would never accept.

Republicans are a party that now celebrates the bully who steals lunch money because, hey, at least he's not the nerd who gets his lunch money stolen....
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Mo

Post by Mo » 04 Aug 2017, 11:09

JFC

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 04 Aug 2017, 11:22

Mo wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 11:09
JFC

Facebook may get a new definition of 'hate speech'.