Calling 2020 for Entropy

Taktix®

Re: Calling 2020 for Entropy

Post by Taktix® » 04 Aug 2017, 12:55

What is it with babies triggering the religion node (which I assume is implied by that picture)?

Is it just laziness? Do they see the kid and go "well, fuck, you mean I have to instill morals and values into them or they'll be living off my dime (or commissary contributions) for the rest of their lives? Fuck it, ship 'em off to Pastor Bob"...
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 04 Aug 2017, 16:12

No, it's that he's begun image management for his incipient presidental run. 'Murrica can't tolerate the godless, so he's reshaping himself.

Warren

Post by Warren » 13 Aug 2017, 11:02

We are so fucked.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 13 Aug 2017, 11:40

Warren wrote:
13 Aug 2017, 11:02
We are so fucked.
Pretty much.

Is Elizabeth Warren presently the Team Blue frontrunner for the 2020 nomination?

[You might want to consider changing your username, Peace Frog.]
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 13 Aug 2017, 16:48

Aresen wrote:
13 Aug 2017, 11:40
[You might want to consider changing your username, Peace Frog.]
Michael Bolton Rule, dude.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 13 Aug 2017, 19:14

I agree. There's no way an out and out commie like Warren gets elected in the U.S. except as a reaction to an out and out facist like Trump. It's almost as if Putin... had this... planned... oh dear...
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 13 Mar 2018, 16:50

I see that Clinton has signed on to support Trump's re-election campaign:
"I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's gross domestic product," Clinton continued. "So I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward. And his whole campaign, 'Make America Great Again,' was looking backwards."

Clinton described what she believed to be the underlying message of Trump's 2016 campaign: "You didn't like black people getting rights, you don't like women, you know, getting jobs," Clinton said. "You don't want, you know, see that Indian American succeeding more than you are. Whatever your problem is, I'm going to solve it," she said.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 13 Mar 2018, 17:09

So, we're back to 'deplorables' again?

Is she angling for a job at Disney?
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 13 Mar 2018, 17:13

thoreau wrote:
13 Mar 2018, 16:50
I see that Clinton has signed on to support Trump's re-election campaign:
"I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's gross domestic product," Clinton continued. "So I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward. And his whole campaign, 'Make America Great Again,' was looking backwards."

Clinton described what she believed to be the underlying message of Trump's 2016 campaign: "You didn't like black people getting rights, you don't like women, you know, getting jobs," Clinton said. "You don't want, you know, see that Indian American succeeding more than you are. Whatever your problem is, I'm going to solve it," she said.
She sounds like an increasingly desperate LinkedIn email.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 13 Mar 2018, 17:48

I'm just trying to imagine the deafening peals of laughter if a Republican losing nominee whined that he won "two-thirds of America's gross domestic product".

And, of course, I imagine nobody tried to gently point out to her that Trump won states that she and her people claimed were in the bag for her.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 13 Mar 2018, 18:06

Eric the .5b wrote:
13 Mar 2018, 17:48
I'm just trying to imagine the deafening peals of laughter if a Republican losing nominee whined that he won "two-thirds of America's gross domestic product".
My first thought on that "2/3 of GDP" comment was "You mean Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland...."

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 13 Mar 2018, 18:16

What the hell is wrong with that woman? Does she seriously not understand how she sounds (from the perspective of ANY Democratic politician hoping to win votes in the "backwards" areas), or does she truly not give a shit because she compulsively needs to make excuses to everyone? Dammit, can't she settle for being super-rich and knowing she'll be remembered in history books, and just find contentment from that?
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 13 Mar 2018, 18:30

Al Gore had the decency to slink away, get fat, get divorced, and then make documentary films.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Warren

Post by Warren » 13 Mar 2018, 19:56

Jennifer wrote:
13 Mar 2018, 18:16
What the hell is wrong with that woman? Does she seriously not understand how she sounds (from the perspective of ANY Democratic politician hoping to win votes in the "backwards" areas), or does she truly not give a shit because she compulsively needs to make excuses to everyone? Dammit, can't she settle for being super-rich and knowing she'll be remembered in history books, and just find contentment from that?
No. No she can't. I mean, have not heard a word she's said ever?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 13 Mar 2018, 21:44

In fairness, she did not call the areas backwards, but Trump's message as backwards-looking. And that's about the only nice thing I have to say about that. And as was pointed out many times, when she ran against Obama in 2008, she said her strength relative to him in those same areas, was why she should be the nominee. Look, I get it, losing the election to Trump after sucking up Bill's foolin' around for decades is likely to make one bitter AF. But STFU and go play mahjong in Bedford for Christ's sake.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 13 Mar 2018, 21:50

Isn't she back to being an activist citizen? Back to the resistance? Why isn't she out there resisting and activating?

"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 14 Mar 2018, 13:56

She’s too busy trying to work out how to use stairs.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 14 Mar 2018, 14:21

Unrelated question involving Ellie's photoshopped picture: where did the "Steve Buscemi utterly fails to pass himself off as a teenager" image originally come from?
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 14 Mar 2018, 14:46

Clinton is every much an Emperor's New Clothes narcissist as Trump. She's spent damn near as long as Trump has being surrounded by sycophants, lackeys, lickspittles, stooges, suck-ups, bootlickers and brown-nosers. No one who had the balls to call her on her bullshit can get within earshot, let alone someone who might sway her opinion of herself. Even Bill, a man who's at least one order of magnitude a better politician, couldn't get through. The mere fact that she doesn't have the sense, having lost, to STFU for at least a few years, is more than ample proof of her cluelessness.

Warren

Post by Warren » 14 Mar 2018, 14:51

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 14:46
She's spent damn near as long as Trump has being surrounded by sycophants, lackeys, lickspittles, stooges, suck-ups, bootlickers and brown-nosers.
So what you're saying is, she won't abide a yes-man.
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
The mere fact that she doesn't have the sense, having lost, to STFU for at least a few years, is more than ample proof of her cluelessness.
That's putting it mildly. It's not that she won't STFU it's what she won't STFU about. She can't accept that she lost, and she's whining about it like a spoiled child, incessantly.
Last edited by Warren on 14 Mar 2018, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 14 Mar 2018, 14:52

Jennifer wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 14:21
Unrelated question involving Ellie's photoshopped picture: where did the "Steve Buscemi utterly fails to pass himself off as a teenager" image originally come from?
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/how-do-you-do-fellow-kids
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 14 Mar 2018, 14:57

lunchstealer wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 14:52
Jennifer wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 14:21
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/how-do-you-do-fellow-kids
[Reads] Huh. Sounds like 30 Rock will one day rival Shakespeare and the King James Bible, in the "I don't see what the big deal is; the whole thing's full of cliches!" department.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 14 Mar 2018, 16:01

Warren wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 14:51
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
The mere fact that she doesn't have the sense, having lost, to STFU for at least a few years, is more than ample proof of her cluelessness.
That's putting it mildly. It's not that she won't STFU it's what she won't STFU about. She can't accept that she lost, and she's whining about it like a spoiled child, incessantly.
Exactly. She could have been 'leader of the opposition', speaking out on issues where she opposes Trump. If she said "I oppose trying to shut down immigration" instead of "Trump voters are bigots who hate brown people and that's why they voted for him" she'd get more respect.

It's all about she.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 20 Mar 2018, 10:51

I've seen this shared on Facebook I don't know how many times. I keep wanting to make one that says "Fun Fact #3: 1 million voters will die in the next six months!"
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole