400 ppm

Mo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 400 ppm

Post by Mo » 23 Nov 2018, 18:07

Alternate headline. Harvard and Yale climate scientists got really baked when watching “Who Shot Mr. Burns”.

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/11/23/he ... index.html
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Mo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Mo » 27 Jan 2019, 17:08

Interesting, the feds day that coal is safe and wind is dying, while a private utility is going whole hog on renewables, even excluding subsidies, based on cost.

http://ieefa.org/nextera-solar-wind-and ... isruptive/
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Mo

Post by Mo » 21 Mar 2019, 17:50

The markets have priced in climate change models based on CMEX weather futures prices.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.econom ... ate-change

Mo

Post by Mo » 19 Aug 2019, 07:30

Uh, do you really think it helps your anti-climate change case when you state that humans increased CO2 by 33%?

Highway

Post by Highway » 19 Aug 2019, 09:31

Mo wrote:Uh, do you really think it helps your anti-climate change case when you state that humans increased CO2 by 33%?

But it's just one dot, Mo!
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 19 Aug 2019, 10:58

Ugh that’s dumb.

Warren

Post by Warren » 19 Aug 2019, 11:52

I didn't know there was that much argon floating around.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 19 Aug 2019, 11:58

Warren wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 11:52
Never exposed to navy nuke ELT calculations? For the purposes of radcon math, air is 80% Nitrogen, 20% Oxygen, and 1% Argon. (And yes, it's not supposed to add up to 100%)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 19 Aug 2019, 11:58

Warren wrote:
Same

Warren

Post by Warren » 19 Aug 2019, 12:06

Kolohe wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 11:58
Warren wrote:
Never exposed to navy nuke ELT calculations? For the purposes of radcon math, air is 80% Nitrogen, 20% Oxygen, and 1% Argon. (And yes, it's not supposed to add up to 100%)
R-5 was the Rad-Lab on my ship. They issued me a dosimeter, but that was as much contact with that world as I had. Everything with them took three times as long and involved mountains of paperwork. Whenever they were doing their contamination drills, mopping up bug juice, it was best to avoid that deck altogether.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 19 Aug 2019, 12:16

Warren wrote:I didn't know there was that much argon floating around.
It's not as famous as the other DOE labs, but it's actually a pretty big place.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 19 Aug 2019, 18:15

I could never see the the Argonne for the trees.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 19 Aug 2019, 18:55

I thought Argon was the guy who became king at the end of Lord of the Rings.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 19 Aug 2019, 20:18

Noble, but not that noble.

Warren

Post by Warren » 20 Aug 2019, 08:55

Argon is what you say to an infant after they drink all their juice.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 20 Aug 2019, 21:42

Or what he says when you ask a pirate about his lost love.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 24 Aug 2019, 10:52

I realize this is a stupid question to anyone who actually knows stuff, but I don't actually know the answer: if the sea level is going to rise, say, two inches, why can't we just build a two-inch-high wall all along the American coastline?
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 24 Aug 2019, 10:59

Ellie wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 10:52
I realize this is a stupid question to anyone who actually knows stuff, but I don't actually know the answer: if the sea level is going to rise, say, two inches, why can't we just build a two-inch-high wall all along the American coastline?
Democrats would block funding.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 24 Aug 2019, 11:27

"What is is this, a seawall for ants?!"

But seriously, what sealevel rise does is not so much on the static, that is mean level, but makes the maximums during tidal cycle variations and storm surges even higher (& even more extreme when they happen together)

It also causes salinity gradient in tidal areas to advance further inland, and sometimes, displace fresh water aquifers.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 24 Aug 2019, 12:47

Kolohe wrote:"What is is this, a seawall for ants?!"

But seriously, what sealevel rise does is not so much on the static, that is mean level, but makes the maximums during tidal cycle variations and storm surges even higher (& even more extreme when they happen together)

It also causes salinity gradient in tidal areas to advance further inland, and sometimes, displace fresh water aquifers.
Also, in places like Florida, the seabed has porous rock, so all the sea wall in the world is going to do fuckall. That’s why the issue of sunny day flooding in Miami is a big issue without simple solutions.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 24 Aug 2019, 14:29

Mo wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 12:47

Also, in places like Florida, the seabed has porous rock, so all the sea wall in the world is going to do fuckall. That’s why the issue of sunny day flooding in Miami is a big issue without simple solutions.
In Miami's case I can think of a solution.

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren » 24 Aug 2019, 14:32

lunchstealer wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 14:29
Mo wrote:

I think you need to play a couple more rounds of "And then what?"
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 24 Aug 2019, 16:13

Warren wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 14:32
lunchstealer wrote:
Mo wrote:

What? My solution is final.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 24 Aug 2019, 16:23

But is Florida Man really a Miami phenomenon? I feel like the nukes need to land farther north.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Warren

Post by Warren » 24 Aug 2019, 16:38

lunchstealer wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 16:13
Warren wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 14:32
lunchstealer wrote:
Mo wrote:

What? My solution is final.
Does it put an end to spacetime?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT