Whither the GOP? (post-Trump edition)

JasonL
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Whither the GOP? (post-Trump edition)

Post by JasonL » 03 Dec 2019, 11:15

I totally believe that poll in the sense that it is measuring point in time sentiment. The committed have to have a narrative for themselves to justify ignoring all the stuff so far. That narrative is persecution and survival of democracy itself in the face of media and left elites trying to nullify the will of the people. He's their guy, riding dinosaurs in the face of the enemy. What's important is the uniquely pernicious nature of the enemy. You'd get a mirror image of "worst political candidates in history" being led by Hillary or Biden or Obama.

Warren

Re: Whither the GOP? (post-Trump edition)

Post by Warren » 03 Dec 2019, 11:38

JasonL wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 11:15
I totally believe that poll in the sense that it is measuring point in time sentiment. The committed have to have a narrative for themselves to justify ignoring all the stuff so far. That narrative is persecution and survival of democracy itself in the face of media and left elites trying to nullify the will of the people. He's their guy, riding dinosaurs in the face of the enemy. What's important is the uniquely pernicious nature of the enemy. You'd get a mirror image of "worst political candidates in history" being led by Hillary or Biden or Obama.
I think you're on it there. I'm assuming you encounter that mindset in the wild. I know I have. Just last week while shopping for a washer/dryer set at Lowes I heard one guy eager to strike up a conversation with someone he knew say exactly that. "The more the Democrats and the media try to get Trump the more I want to support him."
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable