Brexit: what say ye?

thoreau

Re: Brexit: what say ye?

Post by thoreau » 31 Oct 2019, 19:15

Mar Lago is Real America, Mo. So is 725 5th Avenue.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Mo

Post by Mo » 31 Oct 2019, 19:37

I would support the Trump clan not going to jail for crimes, but their punishment being for them to only be able to reside in cities where he received >60% of the vote.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 31 Oct 2019, 22:32

Mo wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 19:37
I would support the Trump clan not going to jail for crimes, but their punishment being for them to only be able to reside in cities where he received >60% of the vote.
That is totally evil. I like it.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 03 Nov 2019, 04:27

Aresen wrote:
Mo wrote:
Looks like it’s starting. Trump can’t even go to sporting events anymore, including UFC fights, without getting booed.

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Warren

Post by Warren » 03 Nov 2019, 09:04

Getting booed by UFC and NASCAR crowds is probably the only thing that could actually make him feel bad.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 03 Nov 2019, 09:36

Mo wrote:
03 Nov 2019, 04:27
Aresen wrote:
Mo wrote:
Looks like it’s starting. Trump can’t even go to sporting events anymore, including UFC fights, without getting booed.
I may be stereotyping, but I assumed UFC fans would be hard-core Trumpists.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Shem

Post by Shem » 03 Nov 2019, 10:19

Aresen wrote:
03 Nov 2019, 09:36
Mo wrote:
Aresen wrote:
Mo wrote:
You are. UFC fans are overwhelmingly under 50, and hard-core Trumpists are even more overwhelmingly over 50. So, there's not much demographic overlap.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 03 Nov 2019, 10:57

What would it take for the opposition to snatch up most of the tickets for a Trump rally and then start chanting "Lock him up!"?

I would like to participate in such a prank.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 03 Nov 2019, 11:21

Shem wrote:
03 Nov 2019, 10:19
Aresen wrote:
03 Nov 2019, 09:36
Mo wrote:
Aresen wrote:
Mo wrote:
You are. UFC fans are overwhelmingly under 50, and hard-core Trumpists are even more overwhelmingly over 50. So, there's not much demographic overlap.
Demographic by age, but culturally? Are UFC fans more likely to follow Katie Couric or Rush Limbaugh?

Shem

Post by Shem » 03 Nov 2019, 13:08

Aresen wrote:
03 Nov 2019, 11:21
Are UFC fans more likely to follow Katie Couric or Rush Limbaugh?
If they're under 45, they're most like to ask why they'd follow either one of those people, since they're both Boomer bait with some, limited, Gen-X crossover (that's decreasing with every passing minute).
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 03 Nov 2019, 13:10

thoreau wrote:
03 Nov 2019, 10:57
What would it take for the opposition to snatch up most of the tickets for a Trump rally and then start chanting "Lock him up!"?

I would like to participate in such a prank.
The opposition would need to start hanging out in trailer parks and big box Evangelical churches. Not worth it.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 03 Nov 2019, 16:31

What's the overlap between UFC and WWE? WWE would probably be the Trumpest of the mass public entertainment events, being fundamentally a reality TV show, and one at which Trump has a history of joining the performance.

If this happens at a WWE event, that's the end.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 03 Nov 2019, 16:37

I have no problem with Trump attending an event that involves beating the shit out of someone. By all means, send him to more UFC events.

But WWE is fake. I want actual blood.
--Mo

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 03 Nov 2019, 16:54

WWE is scripted, but the blood is real.

I mean, a guy performed with a broken back rather than reveal to fans that good guys and heels were friends outside the ring.

https://www.cracked.com/article_20029_5 ... acter.html

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 03 Nov 2019, 16:57

They played War Pigs for his entrance. Whoever made that decision deserves a medal.
When Trump stepped into the Garden floor, shortly before the beginning of the 10 p.m. main card, he was met with some undeniable boos, but also, some cheering, which—mixed with a sound system loudly blasting licks of AC/DC’s “Back in Black,” then Black Sabbath’s “War Pigs” (someone is going to get a talking-to)—made the whole thing feel frantic, less like the arrival of a Head of State, and more like a disputed heavyweight rumbling into battle.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-presid ... 1572808526
--Mo

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 03 Nov 2019, 17:15

thoreau wrote:
03 Nov 2019, 16:57
They played War Pigs for his entrance. Whoever made that decision deserves a medal.
When Trump stepped into the Garden floor, shortly before the beginning of the 10 p.m. main card, he was met with some undeniable boos, but also, some cheering, which—mixed with a sound system loudly blasting licks of AC/DC’s “Back in Black,” then Black Sabbath’s “War Pigs” (someone is going to get a talking-to)—made the whole thing feel frantic, less like the arrival of a Head of State, and more like a disputed heavyweight rumbling into battle.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-presid ... 1572808526
A friend of a friend was big in the College Republicans at USC* when Dan Quayle, at the peak of his "potatoe" this-guy-is-a-buffoonish-airhead troubles in the 1992 campaign, made a campaign stop there. The friend-of-a-friend had a CD of Souza marches, because of course a College Republican would have a CD of Souza marches, which they decided to use as the ambient music prior to Quayle's speech. Being very familiar with the CD, he knew its track order, and it was finishing one march as Quayle prepared to walk out to greet the audience. The CD's owner panicked and said, "You have to skip the next track!" but the guy was all, "Oh no this is a great American march!" and so it was that Dan Quayle came onstage to the "Liberty Bell March".

* ETA the east coast one, not the west coast one

Mo

Brexit: what say ye?

Post by Mo » 04 Nov 2019, 17:12

His quest to find a sporting event where he won’t get booed is getting hilarious. Now he’s headed to the LSU-Bama game. I hope he gets booed again and his next sporting event is some West Texas rodeo.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 04 Nov 2019, 17:26

I kind of want to pay for a billboard near the game and put up stuff Trump said about Jeff Sessions' accent and alma mater.
--Mo

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 04 Nov 2019, 17:39

thoreau wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 17:26
I kind of want to pay for a billboard near the game and put up stuff Trump said about Jeff Sessions' accent and alma mater.
I'd chip in.

Mo

Post by Mo » 04 Nov 2019, 18:28

You could probably give some bros a 30 pack of Natty Ice and they’ll hold up the sign on College Gameday.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 04 Nov 2019, 19:29

Am I the last one here to learn that both LSU and Alabama football teams have schools attached to them?

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 04 Nov 2019, 19:33

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 19:29
Am I the last one here to learn that both LSU and Alabama football teams have schools attached to them?
Well, "schools".

Mo

Post by Mo » 05 Nov 2019, 03:32

D.A. Ridgely wrote:Am I the last one here to learn that both LSU and Alabama football teams have schools attached to them?
It’s purely for tax purposes. Like the hedge fund run out of Cambridge.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 05 Nov 2019, 14:10

If Trump wants cheers at the Bama game, maybe he should dress as a black cat and run out on the field.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 08 Nov 2019, 14:15

Mo wrote:
Given how much he apparently avoids having lunch with his supporters, that would be a punishment indeed!

"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex