Our Friends, The House of Saud

lunchstealer

Re: Our Friends, The House of Saud

Post by lunchstealer »

I wouldn't hope for a better result for the Saudi people, but getting someone who's opposed to the Wahabbist expansionism or is okay with keeping the money in the hands of people who don't want to do everything they can to undermine liberalism everywhere else in the Islamic world would be not much worse for the citizens of Arabia (I guess it wouldn't be Saudi, specifically, without the House of Saud?) but so much better for everyone else that it might be a net positive. Of course it could also result in another attempt to wipe Israel off the map, so there's that.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 16:14
As to the larger question, I'd be happy to see the entire House of Saud swallowed up by a long dormant giant sand worm, but it seems as though throughout the Arab world you either get autocratic stability or endless chaos and 'civil' war.
And sometimes both.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

JD

Post by JD »

The kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced that they will no longer execute children, but there seems to be a lot of small print. Among other things, they also theoretically did away with the death penalty for minors two years ago.

https://www.newsweek.com/saudi-arabia-s ... nt-1504876
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston