Post by Eric the .5b » 08 Sep 2016, 17:21

dhex wrote:
Eric the .5b wrote:
dhex wrote:turtleneck? check.
gravitas? check.
meth? CHECK.

holy shit her fucking eyes.
Where was the gravitas?
Never blinking and the weird voice thing.

Ah. The Shittiest Bene Gesserit.
dhex wrote:It's like asmr for narcolepsy.
OK, I know what those two nouns mean, but this phase loses me.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Taktix®

Re: Sexy Steve Jobs Costume: The Theranos Thread

Post by Taktix® » 09 Sep 2016, 01:11

Eric the .5b wrote:
Just wait 'til the next phase, then...
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

dhex

Post by dhex » 09 Sep 2016, 11:06

Eric the .5b wrote:
dhex wrote:
Eric the .5b wrote:
gravitas? check.
meth? CHECK.

Where was the gravitas?

if you suffer from falling asleep, her fevered whispers will keep you awake FOREVER

also i'm not sure what narcoleptics whack off about but i would imagine it's something like that. or, like, really alert sexual partners. either way they're good.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 09 Sep 2016, 14:46

Eric the .5b wrote:
dhex wrote:
Eric the .5b wrote:
gravitas? check.
meth? CHECK.

Where was the gravitas?

:lol:
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 10 Oct 2016, 19:36

Major Investor Sues Theranos

Well, maybe those dumb fucks should've checked the wikipedia entry on due diligence before investing.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 13 Oct 2016, 18:41

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 13 Oct 2016, 19:03

:lol:
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 13 Oct 2016, 19:30

I'm kind of surprised that Trump hasn't said "Her technology is huge. It's amazing. And I'd like to grab her."
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Mo

Post by Mo » 13 Oct 2016, 19:58

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 16 Nov 2016, 19:22

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 16 Nov 2016, 21:42

David Boies sure has obliterated any admiration I felt for him.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 16 Nov 2016, 21:50

What a piece of shit George Schultz is.

Warren

Post by Warren » 16 Nov 2016, 22:17

dbcooper wrote:What a piece of shit George Schultz is.
The hell?
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 16 Nov 2016, 22:20

Read the article. Sided with a horrible fraudster scum against his own grandchild who had proof of what was going on. What a vile old man.

Warren

Post by Warren » 16 Nov 2016, 22:34

dbcooper wrote:Read the article. Sided with a horrible fraudster scum against his own grandchild who had proof of what was going on. What a vile old man.
Stymied by paywall.
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 16 Nov 2016, 22:35

Mo

Post by Mo » 16 Nov 2016, 22:36

dbcooper wrote:Read the article. Sided with a horrible fraudster scum against his own grandchild who had proof of what was going on. What a vile old man.
Not to mention his son, who had to mortgage the house to pay for legal fees. I also love the scummy response to the no lawyers agreement. "Hey, coincidentally enough, I happen to have two lawyers upstairs. They're in the room next to the 9-volt batteries, you never know when you'll need them and it's a pain to go to the store and get new ones."
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Warren

Post by Warren » 16 Nov 2016, 23:42

RTFA
I don't see that he "sided with the fraudster scum". He wasn't as supportive of his grandson as he might have been, but seemed to be advising him in good faith.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 17 Nov 2016, 02:52

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 17 Nov 2016, 20:11

Big shock that a Techcrunch writer isn't familiar with the concept of jokes.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 24 Nov 2016, 19:31

Theranos and David Boies Cut Legal Ties

Famed litigator disagrees with Theranos over strategy for handling investigations of company

By John Carreyrou
Updated Nov. 20, 2016 9:06 a.m. ET

Litigator David Boies and the law firm he founded, Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP, have stopped doing legal work for Theranos Inc. after disagreeing about the strategy for handling ongoing government investigations of the blood-testing company, according to people familiar with the matter.

Mr. Boies, 75 years old, has been one of the country’s best-known litigators since the late 1990s. He became Theranos’s outside counsel after being approached in 2011 by two investors in the Palo Alto, Calif., startup. He fiercely defended Theranos against questions about its technology and operations.

Those efforts included threatening to take legal action against The Wall Street Journal during the months before it published in October 2015 its first article detailing problems at Theranos.

In addition, former Theranos employee Tyler Shultz said in a Journal article Wednesday that two partners at Boies Schiller unsuccessfully pressured him to say he had talked to a Journal reporter and to reveal who the Journal’s other sources might be. Mr. Boies is the law firm’s chairman. One of the partners said he has a different recollection of the events described by Mr. Shultz.

Mr. Boies is a member of Theranos’s board of directors, which he joined in October 2015. The company is in the process of hiring new executives for its management team, which could affect the composition of the board, according to people familiar with the matter.

Theranos’s new outside law firm, WilmerHale, declined to comment, said spokeswoman Molly Nunes. Theranos’s general counsel, David Taylor, declined to comment.

Theranos is the subject of criminal and civil investigations by the U.S. attorney’s office in San Francisco and the Securities and Exchange Commission, which are trying to determine if the company misled investors and regulators about its technology and operations. Theranos has said it is cooperating.

The exact nature of the disagreement over how to handle the investigations isn’t clear, but Mr. Boies’s relationship with Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes also deteriorated as the company suffered regulatory setbacks, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Those tensions came to a head when Theranos’s general counsel, Heather King, left the company in early September and returned to Boies Schiller, where she had previously been a partner. People familiar with the matter said Ms. King left Theranos after she and Mr. Boies disagreed with Ms. Holmes about Theranos’s legal strategy.

Mr. Boies’s first assignment for Theranos was a patent lawsuit against a childhood neighbor of Ms. Holmes, who also is the company’s chief executive. The case was settled in early 2014, and Mr. Boies moved into an advisory role at Theranos.

The law firm was paid in Theranos stock for its work on the patent case, according to a person familiar with the matter. Boies Schiller was granted more than 300,000 shares valued at $4.5 million, based on a valuation of $15 a share at the time, this person said.

In an email to employees Thursday, Ms. Holmes said she was “preparing to defend our company.” She said Theranos has “chosen to put all our energy into our technology and seeing our product through studies and regulatory submissions, so we can show who we are through our inventions.”

Theranos is appealing sanctions proposed by regulators. Last month, it shut down all its blood-testing facilities and said it would focus on developing products that could be sold to outside laboratories, hospitals and doctors’ offices.

Mo

Post by Mo » 24 Nov 2016, 20:38

I'm guessing it's less because of their handling of regulatory issues and more because the stock he got paid is worthless. A guy who will ambush a 20-something at his grandfather's house where lawyers aren't supposed to be present doesn't seem to have many issues with how things are being handled.

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 14 Dec 2016, 15:51

This is what happens when you are surrounded by all bros. Okay looking women become goddesses. I saw the same thing happen at Scout camp on visitors day. This is why tech needs to be more diverse.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 14 Dec 2016, 15:59

You may be on to something.