Putin on the Writs

Warren

Re: Putin on the Writs

Post by Warren » 24 Sep 2019, 12:03

thoreau wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 11:42
If Trump melted down and started acting even crazier than usual, would anyone notice? His base is all in at this point, and the people who were prepared to hold their nose for him have already accepted the stench.

Unless he overdoses, the drugs have nothing to offer us.
You've never seen someone strung out on meth have you?
It's dumb out there kids, keep your heads down. - JasonL

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 24 Sep 2019, 12:04

Warren wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 12:03
thoreau wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 11:42
If Trump melted down and started acting even crazier than usual, would anyone notice? His base is all in at this point, and the people who were prepared to hold their nose for him have already accepted the stench.

Unless he overdoses, the drugs have nothing to offer us.
You've never seen someone strung out on meth have you?
No, but I'm pretty sure that the people already making excuses for him would continue to do so.

Unless the meth gives him a heart attack, what's the point?
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Warren

Post by Warren » 24 Sep 2019, 12:11

thoreau wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 12:04
No, but I'm pretty sure that the people already making excuses for him would continue to do so.
Only so far.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 24 Sep 2019, 12:12

Warren wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 12:11
thoreau wrote:
Only so far.
Where's rock bottom, Warren? I don't think it exists.

Meth won't help us unless Trump tries to stiff the Salamanca family on the bill. Then meth could work out in our favor.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 24 Sep 2019, 12:14

Donny, if you're reading this, go ahead and stiff your meth dealer on the bill. We're all eager to see what happens.
--Mo

Warren

Post by Warren » 24 Sep 2019, 12:34

thoreau wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 12:12
Warren wrote:
thoreau wrote:
Only so far.

Meth won't help us unless Trump tries to stiff the Salamanca family on the bill. Then meth could work out in our favor.
Your conviction that Trump is exceeding the limits of beyond the pale for a politician is delusional.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 25 Sep 2019, 03:29

Warren wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 12:34
thoreau wrote:
Warren wrote:
thoreau wrote:
Only so far.

Your conviction that Trump is exceeding the limits of beyond the pale for a politician is delusional.
No one single characteristic that Trump has is probably unprecedented. He's just wrapping up all the worst traits into a worst-president greatest hits album. Admittedly it could be worse, because he could be effective like Wilson, but you've played the delusional card one too many times, Warren. It's lost its shock value and is starting to sound like what you say when you run out of actual ideas.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Mo

Post by Mo » 25 Sep 2019, 04:59

lunchstealer wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 03:29
Warren wrote:
thoreau wrote:
Warren wrote:
thoreau wrote:
Only so far.

No one single characteristic that Trump has is probably unprecedented. He's just wrapping up all the worst traits into a worst-president greatest hits album. Admittedly it could be worse, because he could be effective like Wilson, but you've played the delusional card one too many times, Warren. It's lost its shock value and is starting to sound like what you say when you run out of actual ideas.
The self-dealing/enrichment is closer to unprecedented in the federal executive branch. It's comparable to things down at the Louisiana/Illinois/New Jersey governor level or big city party boss/mayor. Even Teapot Dome didn't touch the president and people went to jail for that.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 25 Sep 2019, 08:45

lunchstealer wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 03:29
Perhaps. But if we focus on his supporters, I stand by the assertion that claiming they're all rabid troglodytes and if Trump went full Tweaker nobody would notice is delu... wrong.

At any rate the circus has finally come to town and we'll see what shakes loose.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 25 Sep 2019, 10:22

lunchstealer wrote:
Warren wrote:
thoreau wrote:
Warren wrote:
thoreau wrote:
Only so far.

The delusion that I still cling to is that Warren voted for Gary Johnson in 2016. I'd hate to find out that he pulled the lever for MAGA.
--Mo

Warren

Post by Warren » 25 Sep 2019, 10:40

thoreau wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 10:22
The delusion that I still cling to is that Warren voted for Gary Johnson in 2016. I'd hate to find out that he pulled the lever for MAGA.
Your feet are on solid ground there. I always vote LP. It's the only Not Being Part of the Problem vote you can cast. Not voting is also acceptable.
I would have voted for Ron Paul as a Republican given the chance. The only time I ever gave it a second thought was when I voted for Bob Barr. Kind of wish I sat that one out.
I voted for Gary Johnson twice. No regrets there. But for the record I am in the "Gary Johnson and Bill Weld knowingly and deliberately fucked the LP in 2016" camp.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 25 Sep 2019, 11:40

Are you sure that you pulled the lever for Johnson? It seems like your fingerprints are on Trump's Johnson.
--Mo

Warren

Post by Warren » 25 Sep 2019, 12:31

thoreau wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 11:40
Are you sure that you pulled the lever for Johnson? It seems like your fingerprints are on Trump's Johnson.
You sure you took your meds today? It seems your being an asshole.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 25 Sep 2019, 12:42

Warren wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 12:31
thoreau wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 11:40
You sure you took your meds today? It seems your being an asshole.
1) The correct phrasing is "It seems that you're being an asshole." I realize that librul artz is pussy bullshit and far beneath you, but it would still be nice if you could achieve competence with written language.

2) I'm always an asshole. The only difference is that today I'm more annoyed at you than at other people. But I'm always an asshole.
--Mo

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 25 Sep 2019, 22:26

I voted for Johnson in 2016, no one in 2012, and Barr/WAR in 2008.

Really regretting 2008...
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 25 Sep 2019, 22:31

2008 was wild man! Like ... wild! Don't beat yourself up.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 25 Sep 2019, 23:00

Also, Russia has all the systems in place to hit us hard next year: https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman ... ssion=true

My guess is they're going to try to bring down the WWW through some sort of large DDOS attack, based on reporting last year that Russia was conducting tests of their own stand-alone internet system.

Now before you start pulling the delusional card, know that I don't expect that Russia has the capability to cause long-term damage to the infrastructure. But just a few hours of outage on election day would cause panic and would likely provide cover for any attempts to fuck with actual vote totals...

EDIT: Outage
Last edited by Taktix® on 26 Sep 2019, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 25 Sep 2019, 23:05

Taktix® wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 23:00
Also, Russia has all the systems in place to hit us hard next year: https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman ... ssion=true

My guess is they're going to try to bring down the WWW through some sort of large DDOS attack, based on reporting last year that Russia was conducting tests of their own stand-alone internet system.

Now before you start pulling the delusional card, know thay I don't expect that Russia will cause any long-term damage to the infrastructure. But a few hours of outtage on election day would cause panic and would likely provide cover for any attempts to fuck with actual vote totals...
A few hours outage on election day would probably be the best thing that could happen. Might force those states that are all-electronic-with-no-hard-backup to rethink their approach.

"Let's put the DIE in Diebold."
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 26 Sep 2019, 05:11

Johnson 2016, Johnson 2012, Obama 2008
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 26 Sep 2019, 08:28

Nobody 2016, nobody 2012, nobody 2008, nobody 2004, GWB 2000

Warren

Post by Warren » 26 Sep 2019, 09:44

JasonL wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 08:28
Nobody 2016, nobody 2012, nobody 2008, nobody 2004, GWB 2000
One interpretation of that is "I voted for GWB and he won. That's why I don't vote anymore."

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 26 Sep 2019, 12:06

It's a little bit like that. I used to be an issue voter and I felt after that vote an ever increasing distance from feeling anything I care about much at all was supported by either party and I actually think the LP is net harmful because they say liberty things but tend to be clowns. By about 2008 I was completely homeless.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 26 Sep 2019, 12:26

JasonL wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 12:06
actually think the LP is net harmful because they say liberty things but tend to be clowns.
You have something against fat guys dancing naked on the stage while waving guns? :P
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 27 Sep 2019, 01:05

JasonL wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 12:06
It's a little bit like that. I used to be an issue voter and I felt after that vote an ever increasing distance from feeling anything I care about much at all was supported by either party and I actually think the LP is net harmful because they say liberty things but tend to be clowns. By about 2008 I was completely homeless.
Or worse, sekrit Republicans like the head of the Broward County Libertarian Party who promptly went to work for Milo once the 2016 general was over...

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 27 Sep 2019, 18:24

Trump's 2020 campaign manager has strategy meeting in Romania, which is a totally normal non-Russian asset thing to do for a U.S. presidential campaign manager: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tudormihai ... ssion=true