Putin on the Writs

lunchstealer

Re: Putin on the Writs

Post by lunchstealer » 25 Mar 2019, 12:27

Kolohe wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 12:01
Taktix® wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 02:11
Also, now we have Russian troops in the Western Hemisphere. I hope you are happy, comrade!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-vene ... o3yP97LErk
My hot take on that is that the last time the Russian's sent troops to prop up a shaky government, the Soviet Union collapsed.

''fighting an insurgency in Latin America' is a classic blunder up there (but still behind) 'fighting a land war in Asia - but since Russia can actually fight land wars in Asia, (sometimes) they got to double down on other blunders.
When was the last time, excluding Afghanistan, that Russia actually fought a land war in Asia? I know they had a couple skirmishes with the Chinese in the '60s-ish, but before that it was, what, Catherine the Great or sommat?
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 25 Mar 2019, 12:32

Looking at maps of the border between Europe and Asia, it looks like Chechnya and South Ossetia may qualify as Asia, but other maps put the border further south.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 04 Apr 2019, 01:32

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/03/70922296 ... er-to-blin

They were talking about this today on NPR with some security expert (can only find the story, not to the audio sorry). He said NATO is freaking out about this because the Russian system will come pre-loaded with all sorts of FSB malware and by hooking it up with systems in Turkey, it will be plugged in to what is a fully networked NATO system, possibly granting access to deployments and troop numbers and any other data being shared collectively within NATO.

Can we please start taking the Russian threat seriously?
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 04 Apr 2019, 01:54

Taktix® wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 01:32
Threat to whom?
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 04 Apr 2019, 02:30

Hugh Akston wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 01:54
Taktix® wrote:
Threat to whom?
Representative government around the world.

More immediately, the alliance of Western democracies that constitutes America's first and only peacetime defensive pact a.k.a. NATO.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 04 Apr 2019, 15:28

Taktix® wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 02:30
Hugh Akston wrote:
Taktix® wrote:
Threat to whom?

More immediately, the alliance of Western democracies that constitutes America's first and only peacetime defensive pact a.k.a. NATO.
But what is the actual threat? Like is Russia going to invade Western Europe? Bomb the UK? Launch nukes at the US?
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 04 Apr 2019, 17:02

Taktix® wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 02:30
Hugh Akston wrote:
Taktix® wrote:
Threat to whom?

I think Trump is a bigger threat to the West than Putin. Putin's troll farms possibly had an effect in 2016 and with Brexit. (I'm not convinced of either.) I think we were a little caught off guard by the first surge of contrived stories poured out by Russian bots, but now there is a counter-effect in that any story with dubious allegations is assumed to be fake.

Also, Putin himself is less secure than he appears. Certainly he controls the media and the guns, but the Russian samizdat is more widespread now than it ever was in the Soviet Union. People no longer think he is fighting corruption and are more convinced he is the leader of the corruption. According to Reuters, his approval rating had dropped lately.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 08 Apr 2019, 23:58

OK, this is a comprehensive timeline of everything Trump+Putin with each and every item linked to a credible source.

This is my final word on the matter. If you don't think there's something sinister and immediate and existentially threatening to the U.S. after reaching the end of this one page, then I cede all hope of ever convincing you: https://www.sutori.com/story/timeline-y ... F51JZi4BVt

(If you haven't figured out how to incognito tab around paywalls I'll give you my NY Times login creds)

(No, not the NY Times cooking creds)

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 09 Apr 2019, 09:14

Taktix,

He's an evil, stupid man. But also one who cant shut the fuck up. He would have told us by now if he was actually working with Putin directly. You're seeing a crazy stupid man is all.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 09 Apr 2019, 09:16

Pretty odd that the timeline didn't go up to the no evidence of collusion wrap up.

Warren

Post by Warren » 09 Apr 2019, 10:04

Pham Nuwen wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 09:14
He's an evil, stupid man. But also one who cant shut the fuck up. He would have told us by now if he was actually working with Putin directly. You're seeing a crazy stupid man is all.
Agreed. Though grading on the politician curve, he's somewhat less evil and considerably more stupid than average.
We fucked up, so we're going to need more money. - Tuco

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 09 Apr 2019, 12:34

Pham Nuwen wrote:
Taktix,

He has.

Helinski.

See you in the gulags, comrade!

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 09 Apr 2019, 12:43

Taktix® wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 12:34
Pham Nuwen wrote:
Taktix,

He has.

Helinski.

I typed my reply from the FEMA camp they keep me in.

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 09 Apr 2019, 12:47

JasonL wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 09:16
Pretty odd that the timeline didn't go up to the no evidence of collusion wrap up.
Well, that's because it hasn't happened yet, unless you blindly believe the word of a recent political appointee who auditioned for the job as a special counsel hatchetman.

This move was telegraphed for months, yet when Barr released his summary (which was him freelancing, there was no regulation or direction for the AG to write a summary to present to congress and/or the public), everyone, including a high entry on Trump's enemies list, the NY Times, dutifully reported it as the words of Robert Mueller.

I know you all think I'm crazy (to the point of one of you having sent me several private messages telling me to seek medical help. Again, go fuck yourself you gaslighting prick) but I'm verifiably not, and hopefully it will all come out in the end if it's not memory-holed away, though by then it will probably be too late...

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 09 Apr 2019, 12:59

Pham Nuwen wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 12:43
Taktix® wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 12:34
Pham Nuwen wrote:
Taktix,

He has.

Helinski.

I typed my reply from the FEMA camp they keep me in.
Do you not remember when the President of the United States proposed a joint-cyber-security task force to analyse our election security, effectively handing over access to our electronic security to Russia, the country who is still conducting cyber attacks around the world to this very day?

Sure, pushback from his administration stalled that genius plan for now, but how many purges before he's got some acting director who will go along with his joint U.S.-Russia cyber security task force?

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 09 Apr 2019, 13:01

You seriously think the hidden thing moves from "no evidence of collusion" to "gotcha"? Like nobody else thinks that. They think there's shady real estate stuff or whatnot. Your unwillingness to see any alternative narrative fitting the fact pattern makes you ... very committed to this in a way that may not be entirely rational. The claim is extreme. Suggesting it goes back to the 80's is more extreme. An alternative narrative is like "he's a bad president who fires off the cuff all the time" + "he has russian contacts through NY real estate deals" + "he is friends with and hires scumbags". If you don't insist on "show me every Russian that has ever existed in his life and let me 'connect the dots'" this is a highly implausible narrative.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 09 Apr 2019, 13:07

Depending on the definition of the word "collusion" there might indeed be no collusion, in the sense of no deliberately coordinated activity.

It's nonetheless clear that Trump and his team are compromised and would not be eligible for security clearances under any other circumstances.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 09 Apr 2019, 13:07

JasonL wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 13:01
You seriously think the hidden thing moves from "no evidence of collusion" to "gotcha"? Like nobody else thinks that. They think there's shady real estate stuff or whatnot. Your unwillingness to see any alternative narrative fitting the fact pattern makes you ... very committed to this in a way that may not be entirely rational. The claim is extreme. Suggesting it goes back to the 80's is more extreme. An alternative narrative is like "he's a bad president who fires off the cuff all the time" + "he has russian contacts through NY real estate deals" + "he is friends with and hires scumbags". If you don't insist on "show me every Russian that has ever existed in his life and let me 'connect the dots'" this is a highly implausible narrative.
I'm sorry my citation of verifiable facts is not as rational in your eyes as statements like "no one else thinks that" and "the claim is extreme".

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 09 Apr 2019, 13:09

One can only remain credible on grylliade by fervently believing that the system works well.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 09 Apr 2019, 13:12

thoreau wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 13:07
Depending on the definition of the word "collusion" there might indeed be no collusion, in the sense of no deliberately coordinated activity.

It's nonetheless clear that Trump and his team are compromised and would not be eligible for security clearances under any other circumstances.
"Collusion" as the term is being used currently is a wholesale fabrication of Trump's orwellian PR assault. I think it's entirely possible that Mueller's real, 400-page report doesn't even contain the word collusion because there is no crime that is described by the term.

It's like saying Barr's summary proved there are no sea lions...

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 09 Apr 2019, 13:15

Taktix® wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 13:12
thoreau wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 13:07

"Collusion" as the term is being used currently is a wholesale fabrication of Trump's orwellian PR assault. I think it's entirely possible that Mueller's real, 400-page report doesn't even contain the word collusion because there is no crime that is described by the term.

It's like saying Barr's summary proved there are no sea lions...
I've been to DC many times and I've never seen a sea lion on Pennsylvania Avenue. Why are you calling the AG a liar? Are you saying that there are marine mammals on the streets of DC? Well, are you? You sound like a lunatic, frankly.
--Mo

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 09 Apr 2019, 13:37

Whatever Trump (and Putin) are up to, I don't really think it matters a tinder's damn. The saving grace about Trump is that he is so frigging stupid he is self-destructing. He may take the GOP with him.

Putin is playing the dis-information game he learned as a Gaybista. He has a vision of "Great Russia", but his policies and corruption are destroying it. Personally, I think he will hold on - either as PoR or as the power behind the throne - until he dies. But, because of his 'tall poppy' policy, there isn't going to be anyone who can hold it together when he goes. Russia is already in deep trouble, but the wheels are really going to come off when Putin is gone.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 09 Apr 2019, 13:53

Aresen wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 13:37
Whatever Trump (and Putin) are up to, I don't really think it matters a tinder's damn. The saving grace about Trump is that he is so frigging stupid he is self-destructing. He may take the GOP with him.[

Putin is playing the dis-information game he learned as a Gaybista. He has a vision of "Great Russia", but his policies and corruption are destroying it. Personally, I think he will hold on - either as PoR or as the power behind the throne - until he dies. But, because of his 'tall poppy' policy, there isn't going to be anyone who can hold it together when he goes. Russia is already in deep trouble, but the wheels are really going to come off when Putin is gone.
Putin is not a genius but that just makes it even more disturbing that Trump is so in love with him. Trump has no excuse. If a genius manipulates you, well, OK, you were up against someone with mad skillz. If a man of middling ability gets his people close to you, what does that say about you and your judgment?

Look, again, if anyone else took that meeting with Natalia Veselnitskaya and didn't call the FBI there's zero chance that they or their close associates would get to work in the White House. Do character and standards not matter?
--Mo

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 09 Apr 2019, 14:00

As to what matters:

Between Helsinki, his Oval Office revelations to Sergei Lavrov, and the fact that one of the people who met with Natalia Veselnitskaya (Jared Kushner) remains a senior White House advisor, I doubt that any Western ally is willing to share sensitive information about Russia with Trump. That should matter. One needn't seek Cold War 2.0 to think that Putin needs to be approached with caution rather than hugs and kisses and blabbering mouths.

What, pray tell, makes any of this acceptable? Is it that Trump pisses off libruls? That he cut taxes and increased the deficit in the midst of an economic boom? What, exactly, makes all of this OK?

And please don't say that Trump's just an idiot. That's not a defense. He's a compromised idiot. He's a compromised idiot who kisses up to a dictator that he was hoping to get a real estate deal from. That's a blurring of personal and government matters, one that simply shouldn't be tolerated.
--Mo

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 09 Apr 2019, 14:16

He's just an idiot elected by idiots.