Putin on the Writs

Kwix

Re: Putin on the Writs

Post by Kwix » 02 Mar 2018, 14:21

Mo wrote:
01 Mar 2018, 23:25
Also, all those demos were CG, not video.
But was it video game footage?
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex
"Sweet tea is the archvillain in Wilford Brimley's origin story." -- Ellie

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 02 Mar 2018, 15:02

Mo wrote:
The Russia experts seem not concerned about this and say it's the modern equivalent of banging a shoe in the UN to get noticed.
I kinda figured, which is why my tone was more mocking than concerned. If you really have a game changer you keep that in your back pocket. But using bluster instead of calm confidence comes across as someone who is just really desperately needy.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 02 Mar 2018, 19:11

Yeah, Putin as existential threat to conquer the US is complete bullshit. Putin as threat to really fuck up international policy by being a massive bully and general psychopath willing to fuck shit up just as much as he can for no reason other than spite and to make himself look relevant is pretty much what we have.

I am worried about how effective a concerted disinformation campaign could be in fucking up our voter base and ginning up extra kulturkampf to at least modestly destabilize the US. It seems like it should be far fetched, but I just can't discount it yet.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 02 Mar 2018, 20:26

lunchstealer wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 19:11
I am worried about how effective a concerted disinformation campaign could be in fucking up our voter base and ginning up extra kulturkampf to at least modestly destabilize the US. It seems like it should be far fetched, but I just can't discount it yet.
I gather you have not subscribed to Trump's twitter feed.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 02 Mar 2018, 21:00

Aresen wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 20:26
lunchstealer wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 19:11
I gather you have not subscribed to Trump's twitter feed.
No fucking way. For me, CBT only means Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Mo

Post by Mo » 02 Mar 2018, 21:50

My bigger fear is that we're probably more vulnerable to an error like this leading to full on nuclear war than we have been since the Cuban Missile Crisis.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 02 Mar 2018, 23:00

Aresen wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 01:11
Mo wrote:
The Russia experts seem not concerned about this and say it's the modern equivalent of banging a shoe in the UN to get noticed. The attached link is actually one that credits the Russians more than most. Also, all those demos were CG, not video.
I was going to congratulate Putin on trolling the Senate Armed Services Committee.
And going long on U.S. defense contractors.

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 12 Mar 2018, 23:00

Well this is rather shameless (Matvienko is, from what I've read, a Putin lackey):

google translate wrote:Igor Matvienko in a joint creative work with the group Fabrika invented and released an unusual song-chastushka "Vova Vova", which immediately took off the clip. At the heart of the song's theme are ordinary girls who exist in the standard office routine, but uncontrollably trying to conquer the heart of a dream man with a Russian, all of us familiar name - Vova.
        Folk motifs, modern Pop-RnB sound and a completely memorable motive + story, with a wedding in the finale - this is, perhaps, all that women need this spring on the eve of March 8.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 14 Mar 2018, 09:40

Some of Putin's lackeys are getting even sloppier than usual in using a chemical agent that can only come from Russia to make an assassination attempt. I don't know if Putin overestimates his hand, but a lot of his dudes seem to.
". . . even the federalist folk are probably a bit wary, and they're essentially cosplaying the preacher from footloose." - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 14 Mar 2018, 10:11

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 09:40
Some of Putin's lackeys are getting even sloppier than usual in using a chemical agent that can only come from Russia to make an assassination attempt. I don't know if Putin overestimates his hand, but a lot of his dudes seem to.
I think it is meant to send a "Don't fuck with us" message to Russian considering crossing Putin. Putin doesn't give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks of him. He wants to be a 'tough boss', which is seen as a good thing in Russia.

Make Россия Great Again!
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

Mo

Post by Mo » 14 Mar 2018, 10:49

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
The probably see that the UK hasn't done fuck all about the prior targeted assassinations on British soil and where feeling out where the line is.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Warren

Post by Warren » 14 Mar 2018, 11:27

Aresen wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 10:11
Fin Fang Foom wrote:
I think it is meant to send a "Don't fuck with us" message to Russian considering crossing Putin. Putin doesn't give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks of him. He wants to be a 'tough boss', which is seen as a good thing in Russia.

Make Россия Great Again!
Agreed. If anything they went out of their way to put their signature on it.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 14 Mar 2018, 13:39

May pretty much lived down to Putin's expectations. Expelling diplomats is weak sauce.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 14 Mar 2018, 14:18

Mo wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 13:39
May pretty much lived down to Putin's expectations. Expelling diplomats is weak sauce.
Yeah, at least freeze the UK assets associated with Putin cronies like Abramov, Deripaska, and Trump.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 30 May 2018, 11:02

CNN
‏Verified account @CNN

Prominent Russian journalist Arkady Babchenko, a critic of Russian actions in Ukraine and Syria, has been shot and killed in Kiev, Ukraine officials said

UPDATE: Russian journalist and Kremlin critic Arkady Babchenko, who was said to have been killed, is alive and showed up at a news conference in Ukraine
10:49 AM - 30 May 2018
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 30 May 2018, 11:10

when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 30 May 2018, 11:15

Kolohe wrote:
That shirt.
They said he was shot and I won't stop believing.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 30 May 2018, 11:21

Damn. I hate it when I try to get an episode of 24 and download a Dallas rerun instead.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 30 May 2018, 11:24

thoreau wrote:
30 May 2018, 11:15
Kolohe wrote:
That shirt.
They said he was shot and I won't stop believing.
Now we know that Tony actually went into witness protection.

(I also feel for Joel Weisberg, that this is stomping all over his series finale)