Market Failure!

Ellie

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Ellie »

Posting here because we don't have a thread called "Advertising that looks like shitposting"
Attachments
91478999_23844522844210438_4046101149814620160_n.png.jpg
91478999_23844522844210438_4046101149814620160_n.png.jpg (75.53 KiB) Viewed 5493 times
"Ellie is the Warren of comedy." -Shem
Highway

Post by Highway »

They should offer "Correct Pizza Delivery" first. I got someone else's pizza on Saturday (pepperoni instead of sausage).
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Pepperoni is sausage. And not coincidentally the best sausage. Even chorizo is like damn I wish I was pepperoni tho.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Highway

Post by Highway »

Pepperoni instead of spicy Italian sausage. :p
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

[pepperoni is spicy, Italian, and sausage!] :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But we can all agree that Papa Johns mostly sucks.

Not Pizza Hut sucks, but still mostly sucks.

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

All franchise pizza joints suck.
Highway

Post by Highway »

I like Papa John's for what it is. It's a specific taste. It's also delivered, and still open.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 21:27 All franchise pizza joints suck.
But usually the local/regional franchise joints suck least.

Pizza Hut's problem is that their 'hand tossed' pizza crust is still baked in a dish that's almost always so full of shortening that the crust fries rather than bakes, and they don't use enough sauce so it mostly tastes like fried crust and congealed cheese product. Papa John's sauce isn't very good and neither is the crust or cheese, but the crust isn't fried and the sauce is detectable and does a tiny bit to balance the congealedness of the cheese product.

It's been so long since I've tried Dominoes that I couldn't compare them anymore. They'd made an attempt to seem upscale, to mixed results, but I only had it a couple of times before I found a really good cheap-and-greasy local chain that had green chiles and green olives as options, both of which are superior to green bell peppers and black olives, respectively.

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul »

The problem with Papa John's is that the crust isn't fried, and the sauce has this really bright tomato-forward taste that is gross, like all bright tomato flavors are.

Domino's is great. Crust is doughy and a little crisped up on the outside, sauce is pretty restrained, and there's plenty of garlic everywhere.
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

lunchstealer wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 18:34 [pepperoni is spicy, Italian, and sausage!] :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But we can all agree that Papa Johns mostly sucks.

Not Pizza Hut sucks, but still mostly sucks.
Doing the Lord's work here, lunch! :lol:
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex
JasonL

Post by JasonL »

Pepperoni is okay, but lets simmer down a bit. It's trashpanda charcuterie and sometimes that's what you want but it should know its place.
JasonL

Post by JasonL »

The local pizza place has sauce so sweet it's basically tomato icecream. LaRosas - because Cincinnati wasn't done after screwing up chili.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

JasonL wrote: 28 Apr 2020, 08:48 Pepperoni is okay, but lets simmer down a bit. It's trashpanda charcuterie and sometimes that's what you want but it should know its place.
But that place is delivery pizza.

Warren

Post by Warren »

Team Meh on the Pepperoni.
I'll take any other pig meat over pepperoni, Italian sausage, ham, pork roast, even bacon.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Our go-to is [fresh] Italian sausage and onion. Pepperoni is OK, but as J points out, it's typically trash pepperoni from most take-out joints. You can sometimes find better cured sausage as a topping at gastro-pubs.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Pepperoni is just a generic name for slightly spicy Italian dry salami. Don't know why Jason would call it "trashpanda charcuterie" though I'm sure most of the stuff used on American pizzas isn't of very high quality, nor is most of the stuff you can buy (especially, pre-sliced) at the store very good.

When we lived in Italy we were in walking distance of a pizzaria that served a "diavolo" with a salami topping that was at least two times as spicy as what you get most of the time in the U.S..

Yes, of course, salami is a sort of sausage, but what appears to be the generic understanding in the use for a sausage topping is crumbled mild Jimmy Dean or some such. I don't care for it; my wife likes it.
JasonL

Post by JasonL »

It's a low rent knock off of soppressata calabria and other toe of the boot salami, in the same way guidos are knock offs of people from calabria and surrounding. And that's even the best case. By the time you get to delivery pizza it's a grim thing.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

JasonL wrote: 28 Apr 2020, 15:15soppressata
*screams in David Brooks*
"Ellie is the Warren of comedy." -Shem
JasonL

Post by JasonL »

That was the dumbest column ever. Sorry sir, there's like, more than "ham" and "bacon" as the entirety of cured pork. Why isn't it on people who don't know to try it? JFC I could go on.
Warren

Post by Warren »

JasonL wrote: 28 Apr 2020, 16:07 That was the dumbest column ever. Sorry sir, there's like, more than "ham" and "bacon" as the entirety of cured pork. Why isn't it on people who don't know to try it? JFC I could go on.
Go ahead
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

JasonL wrote: 28 Apr 2020, 15:15By the time you get to delivery pizza it's a grim thing.
This is undeniably true. I've had good pepperoni, and most isn't. But in the cheap-delivery-pizza market it's often the least-bad meat option. I keep occasionally trying italian sausage and keep getting something that's technically distinguishable from porkish hamburger. You know what you're getting with shitty pepperoni, but sausage is a crap shoot.

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

The Vandals and various *goth tribes learned pepperoni from the Roman Legions, turned it into landjager, and hundreds of years later, America turned it into Slim Jims.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Macho Man Randy Savage showed us all the way.

Warren

Post by Warren »

lunchstealer wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 02:04 You know what you're getting with shitty pepperoni, but sausage is a crap shoot.
Even shitty sausage is better than middling pepperoni.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Slip inside a sleeping bag.