Market Failure!

User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 17940
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: Market Failure!

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 22 May 2018, 19:55

Maybe the opposite of market failure, but I was actually taken aback to see someone using one of those Redbox kiosks at the grocery store just now. It seemed oddly anachronistic.

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 11594
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Ellie » 22 May 2018, 21:54

Ha! We just used one the other day to get Black Panther. Redbox is good for people like me who never get to see movies in theaters, hate spoilers, want to see movies as soon as they come out on DVD, yet are still too cheap to pay $5 to rent them. :lol:
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24825
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Warren » 23 May 2018, 09:27

Ellie wrote:
22 May 2018, 21:54
Ha! We just used one the other day to get Black Panther. Redbox is good for people like me who never get to see movies in theaters, hate spoilers, want to see movies as soon as they come out on DVD, yet are still too cheap to pay $5 to rent them. :lol:
I never get to see movies in theaters, hate spoilers, and want to see movies as soon as they come out on DVD. Yet Redbox is no help because there isn't one anywhere near me.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 23198
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Mo » 23 May 2018, 10:14

Mrs. Mo uses Redbox on occasion.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Jasper
Posts: 2916
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 07:56
Location: Newyorkachusetts

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Jasper » 23 May 2018, 13:07

Eric the .5b wrote:
22 May 2018, 18:45
Jasper wrote:
22 May 2018, 16:32
I used to think this too, but if it was a movie I'd really hoped to see in a theater, and the willingness at the time to drop $30 - $40 for two tickets and snacks, paying Prime $5.99 for 48 hour access doesn't seem too bad.
More so when it's a movie that's a couple of years old. I was going to catch up on Marvel movies last Saturday, and I ehned on Ant-Man because I didn't want to pay a few extra bucks on Amazon.
Hence the "really hoped to see in a theater" qualifier. :D
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 16165
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Market Failure!

Post by lunchstealer » 23 May 2018, 13:53

That’s too bad. Ant Man is one of my favorites. The first Caps-free one I actually bought on Blu-ray. That and Doctor Strange are the only two that are straight up visually interesting and had the most interesting fights, but Ant Man is also just a great caper movie. And Peña is in peak form.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Kwix
Posts: 1546
Joined: 17 May 2010, 22:07
Location: Great White North

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Kwix » 23 May 2018, 13:58

Warren wrote:
23 May 2018, 09:27
Ellie wrote:
22 May 2018, 21:54
Ha! We just used one the other day to get Black Panther. Redbox is good for people like me who never get to see movies in theaters, hate spoilers, want to see movies as soon as they come out on DVD, yet are still too cheap to pay $5 to rent them. :lol:
I never get to see movies in theaters, hate spoilers, and want to see movies as soon as they come out on DVD. Yet Redbox is no help because there isn't one anywhere near me.
For some reason I thought you were near Rolla. I mean, it's not as convenient as streaming but if you're already going for groceries...
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex
"Sweet tea is the archvillain in Wilford Brimley's origin story." -- Ellie

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24825
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Warren » 23 May 2018, 17:07

Kwix wrote:
23 May 2018, 13:58
Warren wrote:
23 May 2018, 09:27
Ellie wrote:
22 May 2018, 21:54
Ha! We just used one the other day to get Black Panther. Redbox is good for people like me who never get to see movies in theaters, hate spoilers, want to see movies as soon as they come out on DVD, yet are still too cheap to pay $5 to rent them. :lol:
I never get to see movies in theaters, hate spoilers, and want to see movies as soon as they come out on DVD. Yet Redbox is no help because there isn't one anywhere near me.
For some reason I thought you were near Rolla. I mean, it's not as convenient as streaming but if you're already going for groceries...
I use to live in Rolla, but now I live in Leasburg, which is 30 further up I-44.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24825
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Warren » 23 May 2018, 17:08

lunchstealer wrote:
23 May 2018, 13:53
That’s too bad. Ant Man is one of my favorites. The first Caps-free one I actually bought on Blu-ray. That and Doctor Strange are the only two that are straight up visually interesting and had the most interesting fights, but Ant Man is also just a great caper movie. And Peña is in peak form.
Full throated disagreement on every point.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 23198
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Mo » 23 May 2018, 22:10

OTAs fucking suck balls.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Kwix
Posts: 1546
Joined: 17 May 2010, 22:07
Location: Great White North

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Kwix » 24 May 2018, 14:15

Mo wrote:
23 May 2018, 22:10
OTAs fucking suck balls.
You talking travel?
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex
"Sweet tea is the archvillain in Wilford Brimley's origin story." -- Ellie

User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 13521
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Kolohe » 24 May 2018, 14:48

Or he's playing in the NFL now?
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

User avatar
JasonL
Posts: 22755
Joined: 05 May 2010, 17:22

Re: Market Failure!

Post by JasonL » 24 May 2018, 15:04

Mo a bit undersized for defensive end.

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 23198
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Mo » 24 May 2018, 15:32

Kwix wrote:
24 May 2018, 14:15
Mo wrote:
23 May 2018, 22:10
OTAs fucking suck balls.
You talking travel?
Yes.
JasonL wrote:
24 May 2018, 15:04
Mo a bit undersized for defensive end.
Long snapper
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 9088
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 16:28

Re: Market Failure!

Post by nicole » 24 May 2018, 15:53

Is this complaint related to Basic Economy
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 11594
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Ellie » 24 May 2018, 18:03

What is wrong with this poor woman's body?
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (77.12 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

User avatar
Jennifer
Posts: 22873
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 14:03

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Jennifer » 24 May 2018, 18:39

That's got to be a messed-up Photoshop. Or did I miss the latest fashion trend wherein "push-up" bras were replaced by "push-apart" versions, plus you're supposed to stack five heating pads under your navel before you get dressed?
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

User avatar
Painboy
Posts: 3752
Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 11:33
Location: Seattle

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Painboy » 24 May 2018, 18:42

She's got a front butt.

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 23198
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Mo » 24 May 2018, 18:56

Is it maternity clothes?
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24825
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Warren » 24 May 2018, 19:14

Painboy wrote:
24 May 2018, 18:42
She's got a front butt.
I like it :D
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
JasonL
Posts: 22755
Joined: 05 May 2010, 17:22

Re: Market Failure!

Post by JasonL » 24 May 2018, 19:59

Is she about to birth basket case?

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 11594
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Ellie » 24 May 2018, 21:32

Mo wrote:
24 May 2018, 18:56
Is it maternity clothes?
It is for a maternity and nursing clothes store, but that still doesn't explain why her torso is three feet long or why her boobs are trying to burrow into her armpits.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 23198
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Mo » 24 May 2018, 22:28

nicole wrote:
24 May 2018, 15:53
Is this complaint related to Basic Economy
Sorta. I bought an international ticket (LHR-CAI) from Kayak (which ended up being Vayama) and was unable to select my seats afterward. However, the only reason I did it through Kayak is because EgyptAir's e-commerce gateway sucks and won't let me pay for the tickets.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Jennifer
Posts: 22873
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 14:03

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Jennifer » 24 May 2018, 22:46

Ellie wrote:
24 May 2018, 21:32
Mo wrote:
24 May 2018, 18:56
Is it maternity clothes?
It is for a maternity and nursing clothes store, but that still doesn't explain why her torso is three feet long or why her boobs are trying to burrow into her armpits.
Or why her pregnancy bulge is rectangular.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

User avatar
Jasper
Posts: 2916
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 07:56
Location: Newyorkachusetts

Re: Market Failure!

Post by Jasper » 25 May 2018, 13:02

Ellie wrote:
24 May 2018, 18:03
What is wrong with this poor woman's body?
Image
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests