Does Elon's Musk stink?

Eric the .5b
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Does Elon's Musk stink?

Post by Eric the .5b » 26 Nov 2019, 03:05

JD wrote:
25 Nov 2019, 16:52
You know, despite all the mockery of the design of the Tesla Cybertruck, I think the design might have been very intentional. Musk claims that the angular design was necessary because "you can’t stamp ultra-hard 30X steel, because it breaks the stamping press" but people have been making monocoque designs for about a hundred years, and most of them have not looked like that. And it occurred to me, what if Tesla had announced the Cybertruck, but instead it had looked virtually identical to, say, a Dodge Ram? I don't think it would have gotten nearly as much press. (I doubt the window-breaking thing was intentional, though...)
Well, consider the Bollinger B2—that is, the other electric truck that just came out and which gets much less talk,

It's not a completely conventional look, but it looks more like a classic pickup than a Tron version of a Halo Warthog.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

JD
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by JD » 10 Dec 2019, 13:49

Elon Musk drove the Cybertruck to dinner at Nobu. And managed to knock over a sign and make an illegal left turn on his way out of the parking lot. Also, there is some question of whether this was a legitimate use of the Cybertruck - manufacturers are apparently allowed to use not-yet-approved vehicles on the roads for testing purposes, but the CEO going to dinner does not seem like a legitimate testing purpose, especially as the vehicle does not yet have things like rear-view mirrors or windshield wipers.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

JD

Post by JD » 11 Dec 2019, 15:02

Oh shit, I just realized another design inspiration for the Cybertruck: the "Landmaster" from the (execrable) 1977 film Damnation Alley.

I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Warren

Post by Warren » 11 Dec 2019, 15:15

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 11 Dec 2019, 15:23

That electric semi is due any day, right?
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren