Does Elon's Musk stink?

Kolohe

Re: Does Elon's Musk stink?

Post by Kolohe » 24 Jul 2018, 11:42

From the Expanse series. Inners are those from Earth and Mars, felota means 'feces' (i.e. shit) and ke is derived from 'que?' in spanish and is used for 'agreed' or 'right' (as an interjection)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

nicole

Post by nicole » 07 Aug 2018, 15:05

Elon Musk wrote:Am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured.

....and then they suspended trading
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 07 Aug 2018, 15:22

Is $420 a joke?
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

nicole

Post by nicole » 07 Aug 2018, 15:30

I assume the choice of that figure is a joke, yes

Warren

Post by Warren » 07 Aug 2018, 21:07

nicole wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 15:30
I assume the choice of that figure is a joke, yes
Then why isn't anybody laughing?
Fuck DST sideways with a splintery fence post. - JD

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 07 Aug 2018, 21:50

nicole wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 15:05
Elon Musk wrote:Am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured.

....and then they suspended trading
At $420, I might buy it.

Oh, wait! You mean per share‽
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 09 Aug 2018, 18:42

Looks like the SEC is curious about who Musk secures the financing from because of it was just blowing off steam, he’s likely guilty of market manipulation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... rigues-sec
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

nicole

Post by nicole » 13 Aug 2018, 19:04

I need this to be true
hearing that elon musk went on a 3 days acid bender and announced Tesla booty shorts on twitter as grimes tried to get him off his phone ALL WHILE azealia banks was watching and waiting in the house to record a song is truly, truly the best thing all year.

Warren

Post by Warren » 13 Aug 2018, 20:55

nicole wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 19:04
I need this to be true
hearing that elon musk went on a 3 days acid bender and announced Tesla booty shorts on twitter as grimes tried to get him off his phone ALL WHILE azealia banks was watching and waiting in the house to record a song is truly, truly the best thing all year.
It's too good.

JD

Post by JD » 29 Aug 2018, 11:00

Popehat's response to Musk on why the cave diver hasn't sued him over the "pedo guy" tweet is awesome:
Popehat wrote:Maybe he didn't sue you because your petty, cretinous swipe at him was hyperbole, insult, and toolbag buffoonery, not a provable statement of fact that could be defamatory.

Keep striving for Mars; maybe you'll find someone there who thinks you're normal.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

JD

Post by JD » 07 Sep 2018, 17:04

JD wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 11:00
Popehat's response to Musk on why the cave diver hasn't sued him over the "pedo guy" tweet is awesome:
Popehat wrote:Maybe he didn't sue you because your petty, cretinous swipe at him was hyperbole, insult, and toolbag buffoonery, not a provable statement of fact that could be defamatory.

Keep striving for Mars; maybe you'll find someone there who thinks you're normal.
Update: Oh wait, he is suing you after all, Elon.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Sep 2018, 17:18

Good. I hope he takes Musk to the proverbial cleaners.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Mo

Post by Mo » 08 Sep 2018, 16:20

While Musk is smoking pot on air, he’s firing employees for finding trace amounts of THC during testing, despite it being doctor prescribed drops.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ed-by-tone
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 08 Sep 2018, 16:24

I really dislike the dude.

Warren

Post by Warren » 08 Sep 2018, 16:37

JasonL wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 16:24
If Tesla goes belly up, and at this point I'd say it's a dead company limping, and the resale value of Tesla cars goes to zero, I'm going to get a not insignificant amount of glee out of that.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 08 Sep 2018, 17:55

Warren wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 16:37
JasonL wrote:
If Tesla goes belly up, and at this point I'd say it's a dead company limping, and the resale value of Tesla cars goes to zero, I'm going to get a not insignificant amount of glee out of that.
I'm going to have a bit of schadenfreude myself to see Musk brought down. But the impending fate of Tesla pisses me off in several ways: I think it is an interesting concept and that electric cars show promise, but Tesla is another example of envirohype outrunning reality; I really hated the way that dealership lobbyists in various states conspired against Tesla's marketing plan; The company itself seems to be another example of a trendy stock getting pushed because 'it's cool', not because of fundamentals; there appears to have been gross mismanagement of Tesla - I wonder what an Alfred Sloan could have done instead.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Mo

Post by Mo » 08 Sep 2018, 18:07

Aresen wrote:I wonder what an Alfred Sloan could have done instead.
He would have had their mass production problems sorted out

Warren

Post by Warren » 08 Sep 2018, 20:50

Aresen wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 17:55
Warren wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 16:37
JasonL wrote:
I'm going to have a bit of schadenfreude myself to see Musk brought down. But the impending fate of Tesla pisses me off in several ways: I think it is an interesting concept and that electric cars show promise, but Tesla is another example of envirohype outrunning reality; I really hated the way that dealership lobbyists in various states conspired against Tesla's marketing plan; The company itself seems to be another example of a trendy stock getting pushed because 'it's cool', not because of fundamentals; there appears to have been gross mismanagement of Tesla - I wonder what an Alfred Sloan could have done instead.
The thing is, the whole mess would have been avoided if not for the subsidies.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 08 Sep 2018, 23:30

Warren wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 20:50
The thing is, the whole mess would have been avoided if not for the subsidies.
You libertarians are against the environment!
/sanderista mode

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 15 Sep 2018, 17:23

Whatever you think of Thunderf00t, you gotta love his takedowns of Musk

JD

Post by JD » 06 Nov 2018, 15:43

You know how they say "never read the comments"? As crazy as Elon Musk's tweets are, 90% of the responses are at least as crazy. Lots of "You are a GENIUS! You are the FUTURE of HUMANITY! My family already has FOUR Teslas! We want SPACEX toilets in our house!"-type stuff.

Highway

Post by Highway » 06 Nov 2018, 16:58

There's a lot of Elon Musk KoolAid drinking going on. People who say "I put all of my money into investing in Tesla!" It's a total cult.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

dhex

Post by dhex » 07 Nov 2018, 17:29

the elon worship is even weirder than the elon hate cultists. the i'm gonna burn my grimes albums now because she touched his dick folk.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Jake

Post by Jake » 09 Nov 2018, 00:47

I'm in L.A. right now for the annual National League of Cities "City Summit" conference, and today Elon Musk came to speak to us.

He actually seemed less weird in person than his public/online persona would suggest... or maybe just more *understandably* weird. When L.A. mayor Eric Garcetti asked him how he came up with the idea for rethinking tunneling technology, instead of doing what any seasoned public speaker would do and giving a short, pithy sound-bite response, Musk tried to actually explain his thinking process -- in depth -- which made for a halting and unfocused talk, and bored the pants off of most of the audience, but actually made me understand the guy better, and respect him a little more.

As a public speaker, he's a brilliant engineer.
"Facebook is like a locker room with all the players screaming at each other how much they have to win and then forgetting they have to take the field and actually play the gawddamn game." -- D.A. Ridgely

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 09 Nov 2018, 01:35

And as an engineer, he's a brilliant publicist.