OFFS: The Forsakening

JD

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by JD » 08 May 2019, 10:19

Jennifer wrote:
07 May 2019, 19:18
Another member of the city council says he shares the mayor's views about race because "“I’m a Christian and my Christian beliefs are you don’t do interracial marriage. That’s the way I was brought up and that’s the way I believe,” he said. “I have black friends, I hired black people. But when it comes to all this stuff you see on TV, when you see blacks and whites together, it makes my blood boil because that’s just not the way a Christian is supposed to live”
I wonder if any of these "Christian" fucksticks have ever read Galatians 3:28.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

dhex

Post by dhex » 08 May 2019, 12:15

Well that's one way to get national media attention.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 08 May 2019, 14:53

JD wrote:
08 May 2019, 10:19
Jennifer wrote:
Another member of the city council says he shares the mayor's views about race because "“I’m a Christian and my Christian beliefs are you don’t do interracial marriage. That’s the way I was brought up and that’s the way I believe,” he said. “I have black friends, I hired black people. But when it comes to all this stuff you see on TV, when you see blacks and whites together, it makes my blood boil because that’s just not the way a Christian is supposed to live”
I wonder if any of these "Christian" fucksticks have ever read Galatians 3:28.
Irrelevant blasphemy -- it says in Jesus there is no male or female, no slave or free ... but doesn't say a damned thing about black or white! Checkmate, liberal!
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 08 May 2019, 17:50

Elsewhere in my lovely new adopted home state:
A Haralson County corrections officer accused of being a white supremacist has been suspended with pay pending an investigation.

The investigation of jailer Trent East, a member of a pagan group called Ravensblood Kindred, reverses an earlier determination by Haralson County Sheriff Eddie Mixon that East didn’t present a danger....
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 09 May 2019, 19:47

Aresen wrote:
07 May 2019, 20:01
Jennifer wrote:
The mayor of a mostly-white Georgia town about 50 miles from Atlanta allegedly withdrew a candidate from consideration for a city administrator job "because he is black, and the city isn’t ready for this" (exact quote).

Another member of the city council says he shares the mayor's views about race because "“I’m a Christian and my Christian beliefs are you don’t do interracial marriage. That’s the way I was brought up and that’s the way I believe,” he said. “I have black friends, I hired black people. But when it comes to all this stuff you see on TV, when you see blacks and whites together, it makes my blood boil because that’s just not the way a Christian is supposed to live” (another exact quote).

From May 2019, not a reprint story from 1962 or something.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--po ... 8CzpngLjP/
I can't even...
It's the rural south. At least the council member isn't a Shriner.
"People are sometimes the answer, but they are ALWAYS the problem." -- Ellie
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 10 May 2019, 18:26

This state is downright schizophrenic. I live not merely in suburban Atlanta, but in a quote-unquote "majority minority" neighborhood, so whatever other complaints one might make about my immediate vicinity, at least you do NOT see Confederate or swastika flags, or MAGA hats or 14/88 shit around here -- but drive 20 or so miles away and things are radically different. I had an acquaintance who lived in the city of Snellville -- definitely a much "better neighborhood" than mine, as measured by crime stats, property values or any other metric, yet the man living directly across the street from her, in a neighborhood of nice middle-class single-family homes, had a Confederate battle AND a swastika flag on display in his yard. (And this was AFTER the Nazi rally in Charlottesville, too.)

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 10 May 2019, 19:04

Jennifer wrote:
10 May 2019, 18:26
This state is downright schizophrenic. I live not merely in suburban Atlanta, but in a quote-unquote "majority minority" neighborhood, so whatever other complaints one might make about my immediate vicinity, at least you do NOT see Confederate or swastika flags, or MAGA hats or 14/88 shit around here -- but drive 20 or so miles away and things are radically different. I had an acquaintance who lived in the city of Snellville -- definitely a much "better neighborhood" than mine, as measured by crime stats, property values or any other metric, yet the man living directly across the street from her, in a neighborhood of nice middle-class single-family homes, had a Confederate battle AND a swastika flag on display in his yard. (And this was AFTER the Nazi rally in Charlottesville, too.)
I was told their are very fine people on both sides of the issue, Jen.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 17 May 2019, 17:42

The most baffling thing about the lawsuit is the amount at question. Like it seems like there’s at least one zero missing from this.

https://news.yahoo.com/woman-sues-hospi ... 27228.html
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 17 May 2019, 17:48

Mo wrote:
17 May 2019, 17:42
The most baffling thing about the lawsuit is the amount at question. Like it seems like there’s at least one zero missing from this.

https://news.yahoo.com/woman-sues-hospi ... 27228.html
I'd go for two missing zeros. At $75k, the hospital's lawyer would be telling them to "Write the check now and get it in her hands yesterday."
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 17 May 2019, 18:11

I said at least. $75K is a fucking steal.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex