OFFS: The Forsakening

Ellie

OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Ellie » 15 Jul 2013, 14:53

For when you just can't even.
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

Mo

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Mo » 15 Jul 2013, 14:59

Shouldn't this be the OFFS: The Forfucksening?
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 15 Jul 2013, 15:00

Mo wrote:Shouldn't this be the OFFS: The Forfucksening?
That's not as work safe.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

Ayn_Randian

Post by Ayn_Randian » 15 Jul 2013, 15:01

Regarding the last thread: Ellie, were you hoping the badgers would get fat? I was having pronoun trouble there.
It has the effect of making me want desperately to do the opposite of what Green Day is suggesting I should want to do. Billy Joe Whassname may have created a generation of war mongers. - Jason L

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 15 Jul 2013, 15:05

Heh. Yes. Fat badgers. :D

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 15 Jul 2013, 15:05

So, are the leaders of the Boy Scouts a bunch of Heartless Fat-Badgers?
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 15 Jul 2013, 15:06

To the next ten thousand posts of rage and disgust!
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 Jul 2013, 15:08

Eric the .5b wrote:To the next ten thousand posts of rage and disgust!
Apparently there are 140 more pages worth of infuriating crap than worthwhile stuff on the internet. The two threads were started a day apart.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 15 Jul 2013, 15:11

Taktix® wrote:So, are the leaders of the Boy Scouts a bunch of Heartless Fat-Badgers?
Badgerless Fathearts.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 15 Jul 2013, 15:12

Glad to see an OFFS thread restart. I had forsaken the last one, I was so far behind. Just give me the highlights.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 15 Jul 2013, 15:14

the innominate one wrote:Glad to see an OFFS thread restart. I had forsaken the last one, I was so far behind. Just give me the highlights.
There was a bunch of shit that we couldn't believe people had actually said or done. Also there was a thread drift once.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

JD

Post by JD » 16 Jul 2013, 15:40

The recent release of the "McDonalds budget" seems to have lead to an outbreak of the stupid. Apparently every single job in America should pay enough that the worker can live alone or support an entire family in comfort on that one salary. Also, we had exactly such a world before the evil Republicans and corporations destroyed it.

fyodor

Post by fyodor » 16 Jul 2013, 15:47

JD wrote:The recent release of the "McDonalds budget" seems to have lead to an outbreak of the stupid. Apparently every single job in America should pay enough that the worker can live alone or support an entire family in comfort on that one salary. Also, we had exactly such a world before the evil Republicans and corporations destroyed it.
Linky?

(Not that I have any trouble believing what you've described or concurring in its OFFSness.)
Your optimism just confuses and enrages me. - Timothy

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 16 Jul 2013, 15:53

Also, Ellie, I know its a lot to ask, but do you think you could move the kkkreationism posts hier so that we can populate this thread with shit that nobody can believe?

JD

Post by JD » 16 Jul 2013, 15:58

fyodor wrote:
JD wrote:The recent release of the "McDonalds budget" seems to have lead to an outbreak of the stupid. Apparently every single job in America should pay enough that the worker can live alone or support an entire family in comfort on that one salary. Also, we had exactly such a world before the evil Republicans and corporations destroyed it.
Linky?

(Not that I have any trouble believing what you've described or concurring in its OFFSness.)
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arc ... ge/277845/

Most of the stupid is in the comments, as usual, but a bunch of the stories I've seen also sneer at McDonalds for the audacity of assuming you could possibly live anywhere for only $600/month.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 16 Jul 2013, 16:08

Hugh Akston wrote:Also, Ellie, I know its a lot to ask, but do you think you could move the kkkreationism posts hier so that we can populate this thread with shit that nobody can believe?
Done!

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 16 Jul 2013, 17:17

JD wrote:
fyodor wrote:
Linky?

Most of the stupid is in the comments, as usual, but a bunch of the stories I've seen also sneer at McDonalds for the audacity of assuming you could possibly live anywhere for only $600/month.
I hate that argument. Argh! In a just world the editor would have said "yeah, there's actually no reason for such a worksheet to even exist because it's basically preposterous to act as though every job imaginable should make it tie out".

fyodor

Post by fyodor » 16 Jul 2013, 17:24

JasonL wrote:
JD wrote:
fyodor wrote:
Linky?

I hate that argument. Argh! In a just world the editor would have said "yeah, there's actually no reason for such a worksheet to even exist because it's basically preposterous to act as though every job imaginable should make it tie out".
Well the goal, which the author admits was the result of "goodwill" (albeit "gone haywire" also according to the authoer), was to help workers plan a budget. I don't think the numbers were supposed to matter so much as the means of calculation. I.e., add this subtract that then divide the remainder by the number of days in the month. In truth, I can imagine most workers laughing at the assumptions made too hard to learn anything. (Aside from the question of how many really need to learn this; it may be many or just a few, I wouldn't know.)
Your optimism just confuses and enrages me. - Timothy

Ayn_Randian

Post by Ayn_Randian » 16 Jul 2013, 17:28

Hey, I see Lonewacko showed up in that comment thread!
It has the effect of making me want desperately to do the opposite of what Green Day is suggesting I should want to do. Billy Joe Whassname may have created a generation of war mongers. - Jason L

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 16 Jul 2013, 19:29

JD wrote:
fyodor wrote:
Linky?

God, oh god!! Why did I click the link?! There is one voice of reason in there and a bunch of howling banshees besides.
"I want to live in a world where the Democrats are competent enough to secretly have millions of illegal aliens vote, but dumb enough to concentrate them in California and New York."=--Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 16 Jul 2013, 19:32

Kwix wrote:
JD wrote:
fyodor wrote:
Linky?

God, oh god!! Why did I click the link?! There is one voice of reason in there and a bunch of howling banshees besides.
One word: LoneWhacko

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 16 Jul 2013, 20:36

I can't see any comments by him. Is he posting under a different name?
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

dhex

Post by dhex » 16 Jul 2013, 20:49

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/16/nyreg ... metro&_r=0

introducing the gold medalist of the 2013 hoarder olympics!
"I like you, but you are a film moron." - db

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 16 Jul 2013, 21:49

Jennifer wrote:I can't see any comments by him. Is he posting under a different name?
'24 ahead dot com', with whitespace removed. The one I found was, oddly, lucid and with proper whitespace included.
"I want to live in a world where the Democrats are competent enough to secretly have millions of illegal aliens vote, but dumb enough to concentrate them in California and New York."=--Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 16 Jul 2013, 22:44

Kwix wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I can't see any comments by him. Is he posting under a different name?
'24 ahead dot com', with whitespace removed. The one I found was, oddly, lucid and with proper whitespace included.
Maybe he's on his meds. Or maybe he got himself a MexicanGirlfriend.