OFFS: The Forsakening

JD

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by JD » 01 Jun 2018, 14:39

Some of my FB acquaintances and acquaintances-of-acquaintances (all pretty far left, as is about 95% of my FB crowd) are having a session in which they all agree that leftists need to stop apologizing for anything or ever admit to any wrongdoing at all, because the right doesn't, and they're tired of losing to the right. It is very hard not to comment, "And this is how a team decides to give up on any claim to moral superiority and just goes for the power."
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 01 Jun 2018, 15:04

The funny part is they have been there for a decade.

Warren

Post by Warren » 01 Jun 2018, 15:07

JasonL wrote:
01 Jun 2018, 15:04
The funny part is they have been there for a decade ever.
There has never been a time when it wasn't true. The assertion that the left (or the right) ever apologize for anything prior to it being beneficial to do so, is false.
Bitch about Brexit to your hearts content, but stay out of my historical movies. - Nick Hodges

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 01 Jun 2018, 15:08

Yeah, I thought that might be too global to say without thinking about it, but it is also what I really meant.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 01 Jun 2018, 15:12

I'm sorry I ran out of bullets.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

Warren

Post by Warren » 01 Jun 2018, 16:18

Aresen wrote:
01 Jun 2018, 15:12
I'm sorry I ran out of bullets.
No more buwets? Hey Laughing boy!
Bitch about Brexit to your hearts content, but stay out of my historical movies. - Nick Hodges

Shem

Post by Shem » 01 Jun 2018, 18:12

JasonL wrote:
01 Jun 2018, 15:08
Yeah, I thought that might be too global to say without thinking about it, but it is also what I really meant.
Remind me again who forced Al Franken to retire? And who didn't force Roy Moore to do the same?
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 01 Jun 2018, 20:01

Stay classy, Dinesh D'Souza.

"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

dhex

Post by dhex » 01 Jun 2018, 21:31

that's genuinely funny
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 01 Jun 2018, 22:42

DD you cray cray.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 02 Jun 2018, 03:57

JD wrote:
01 Jun 2018, 14:39
Some of my FB acquaintances and acquaintances-of-acquaintances (all pretty far left, as is about 95% of my FB crowd) are having a session in which they all agree that leftists need to stop apologizing for anything or ever admit to any wrongdoing at all, because the right doesn't, and they're tired of losing to the right. It is very hard not to comment, "And this is how a team decides to give up on any claim to moral superiority and just goes for the power."
JasonL wrote:
01 Jun 2018, 15:04
The funny part is they have been there for a decade.
Eh. I've been watching left-wingers say this for longer than my adult life. I've been seeing right-wingers say exactly this, too, while going on about how the left shamelessly lies.

It's just standard idiocy that leads to standard partisanship, not anything remarkable.
Shem wrote:
01 Jun 2018, 18:12
Remind me again who forced Al Franken to retire? And who didn't force Roy Moore to do the same?
Remind me which of those two men was actually a US Senator and which was a candidate who was never elected and thus was never in a position to be pressured by Senate leadership into resigning or retiring?

I mean, I have to give credit to Senate leadership for the former (and to the voters for the latter), but apples and oranges.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 02 Jun 2018, 15:50

Eric the .5b wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 03:57
Shem wrote:
Remind me which of those two men was actually a US Senator and which was a candidate who was never elected and thus was never in a position to be pressured by Senate leadership into resigning or retiring?

I mean, I have to give credit to Senate leadership for the former (and to the voters for the latter), but apples and oranges.
In fairness to Shem, though: the GOP's national committee (whatever it's called; I don't feel like Googling it), still gave Roy Moore full financial/electoral support even after all the scandal-stories about him came out.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 03 Jun 2018, 01:26

Jennifer wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 15:50
Eric the .5b wrote:
Shem wrote:

In fairness to Shem, though: the GOP's national committee (whatever it's called; I don't feel like Googling it), still gave Roy Moore full financial/electoral support even after all the scandal-stories about him came out.
Going by Wiki's links, the GOP Senate campaign arm dropped a fundraising agreement with him and Republicans actually in the Senate threatened to expel him if he got elected. Trump loved him, but Trump famously has a thing for underage girls.
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 03 Jun 2018, 01:43

Eric the .5b wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 01:26
Jennifer wrote:
Eric the .5b wrote:
Shem wrote:

Going by Wiki's links, the GOP Senate campaign arm dropped a fundraising agreement with him
For a little while. Then they changed their minds.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 03 Jun 2018, 01:49

Jennifer wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 01:43
Eric the .5b wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Eric the .5b wrote:
Shem wrote:

Going by Wiki's links, the GOP Senate campaign arm dropped a fundraising agreement with him
The RNC, not the NRSC (the senate finance arm in the first article I linked). It actually specifically mentions that the NRSC didn't reinstate him. The Reds weren't of one mind over it, any more than the Blues. There were quite a lot of Blues who were outraged about Franken being pressured to resign because of some lying hussies, especially the majority of Blue voters in Minnesota.

Moore lost, while Franken, if he hadn't resigned, probably had a good chance at re-election.

Shem

Post by Shem » 03 Jun 2018, 01:59

Eric the .5b wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 01:49
Jennifer wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 01:43
Eric the .5b wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Eric the .5b wrote:
Shem wrote:

The RNC, not the NRSC (the senate finance arm in the first article I linked). It actually specifically mentions that the NRSC didn't reinstate him. The Reds weren't of one mind over it, any more than the Blues. There were quite a lot of Blues who were outraged about Franken being pressured to resign because of some lying hussies, especially the majority of Blue voters in Minnesota.

Moore lost, while Franken, if he hadn't resigned, probably had a good chance at re-election.
And the accusations against Franken were both not as severe and significantly more poorly-attested than the ones against Moore.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 03 Jun 2018, 01:59

Forgive me, but I'm just not up for lionizing the Blues just because Team Red has ignored the sage advice and gone full retard. Elsewhere, I watch Blues wring their hands at an evil nincompoop in the Oval Office, and with all his misbehaviors, with his erratic behavior in the military and foreign policy spheres, with his fucking human rights abuses when it comes to domestic and border policy, can you guess the one fucking presidential power they look at and go, "Hey, maybe that needs to be reined in a bit..."?

Can you guess?

Executive fucking clemency.

So, fuck the Blues. They're better than King Cheeto, and that's it.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 03 Jun 2018, 02:02

Shem wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 01:59
And the accusations against Franken were both not as severe and significantly more poorly-attested than the ones against Moore.
Right, it was "his right as an entertainer".

But yes, that would be why his team's leaders in the Senate quietly took him aside, while Moore's team's leaders in the Senate publicly threatened to expel him if he got elected.

dhex

Post by dhex » 06 Jun 2018, 07:00

npr's rfk jerkoff session yesterday was exhaustively gross.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 06 Jun 2018, 16:37

dhex wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 07:00
I am glad RFK never got to be POTUS. He was every bit as ruthless and unscrupulous as Nixon, but smarter.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 06 Jun 2018, 17:06

I just can't believe we're still having to think about the Kennedys. Will we never be rid of that fucking family.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 06 Jun 2018, 17:22

dead_elvis wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 17:06
I just can't believe we're still having to think about the Kennedys. Will we never be rid of that fucking family.
Not if they keep fucking.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 06 Jun 2018, 17:36

dead_elvis wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 17:06
I keep saying that America needs to have a Head of State separate from the Head of Government. Maybe use the Kennedy's for a multi-generational royal family breeding program. A Kennedy and Bush can marry, then one of their kids marries Chelsea Clinton's kid when everyone's an adult, and the issue of that union becomes America's Next Top Monarch, with the coronation run as a reality show by Mark Burnett's heirs.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Warren

Post by Warren » 07 Jun 2018, 10:07

Aresen wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 16:37
dhex wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 07:00
I am glad RFK never got to be POTUS. He was every bit as ruthless and unscrupulous as Nixon, but smarter.
Bwa? [citation needed]

JD

Post by JD » 07 Jun 2018, 13:38

Middle schoolers were given bulletproof plates for their backpacks by a local company. The president of the company said "it’s sad that times have called for such a product to be invented, but we have answered such a call."

NO TIMES HAVE NOT 'CALLED FOR SUCH A PRODUCT TO BE INVENTED'. HOMICIDE, ESPECIALLY FROM SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, IS JUST PLAIN NOT A MAJOR CAUSE OF DEATH AMONG MIDDLE SCHOOLERS.

Outside an elementary school in my neighborhood, there are all these signs written by kids about how we need to do something, and we should be more concerned about kids' lives than about guns, and the NRA is evil, etc. etc. Kids are freaking out, but it's basically adults' fault for encouraging them to think that they're all about to die.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF