OFFS: The Forsakening

User avatar
dhex
Posts: 15186
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:05
Location: 'murica

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by dhex » 05 Feb 2018, 19:20

They're a horde of onanistic insects. Or else this is some shit posting on a level of tide pod pizza that I just can't decode.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 25631
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by thoreau » 05 Feb 2018, 19:37

dhex wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 19:20
shit posting on a level of tide pod pizza that I just can't decode.
I love you so much, dhex.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 8624
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 16:28

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by nicole » 06 Feb 2018, 10:23

A fucking million dollars bond for taboo sex

http://wncn.com/2018/02/02/knightdale-m ... rants-say/
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 13204
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Kolohe » 06 Feb 2018, 12:16

nicole wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 10:23
A fucking million dollars bond for taboo sex

http://wncn.com/2018/02/02/knightdale-m ... rants-say/
Do you want ice zombies? This is how you get ice zombies.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 5976
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 21:52
Location: Vale of Eternal Fire

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Andrew » 06 Feb 2018, 12:51

nicole wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 10:23
A fucking million dollars bond for taboo sex

http://wncn.com/2018/02/02/knightdale-m ... rants-say/
A million dollar fuck.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

User avatar
Painboy
Posts: 3493
Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 11:33
Location: Seattle

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Painboy » 22 Feb 2018, 19:51

I guess this is the Left's version of furtive brown guy on a plane might be a terrorist.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... rate-flag/
The woman who had the small Norwegian flag on her property on Ward Pound Ridge Reservation was reported to the reservation’s office and was quoted, “It was embarrassing. Everyone in the county was asking me if I’m flying a rebel flag.”
When told she had mistaken the flag, Morris says, “Are you kidding me?”

She says she had even looked up the Confederate flag online and it sure looked to her like the flag on that corner.
But on a second look, “Well, it does look like the Norwegian flag!”
She says, “Maybe that’s the story … we’re so stressed by all things political that we see things that aren’t there.”

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 23619
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Warren » 22 Feb 2018, 21:04

Painboy wrote:
22 Feb 2018, 19:51
I guess this is the Left's version of furtive brown guy on a plane might be a terrorist.
That would be 'encountering strange men in public places'.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 22477
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Mo » 22 Feb 2018, 21:54

Painboy wrote:I guess this is the Left's version of furtive brown guy on a plane might be a terrorist.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... rate-flag/
The woman who had the small Norwegian flag on her property on Ward Pound Ridge Reservation was reported to the reservation’s office and was quoted, “It was embarrassing. Everyone in the county was asking me if I’m flying a rebel flag.”
When told she had mistaken the flag, Morris says, “Are you kidding me?”

She says she had even looked up the Confederate flag online and it sure looked to her like the flag on that corner.
But on a second look, “Well, it does look like the Norwegian flag!”
She says, “Maybe that’s the story … we’re so stressed by all things political that we see things that aren’t there.”
During the 2008 World Cup in Germany, there were some dudes at the USA matches with Texas flags painted on their cheeks that my friends trolled by asking why they had Chilean flags on their faces. They were frustrated and asked, “Why is everyone asking us that?”
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 11855
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Eric the .5b » 23 Feb 2018, 00:08

Mo wrote:
22 Feb 2018, 21:54
Painboy wrote:I guess this is the Left's version of furtive brown guy on a plane might be a terrorist.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... rate-flag/
The woman who had the small Norwegian flag on her property on Ward Pound Ridge Reservation was reported to the reservation’s office and was quoted, “It was embarrassing. Everyone in the county was asking me if I’m flying a rebel flag.”
When told she had mistaken the flag, Morris says, “Are you kidding me?”

She says she had even looked up the Confederate flag online and it sure looked to her like the flag on that corner.
But on a second look, “Well, it does look like the Norwegian flag!”
She says, “Maybe that’s the story … we’re so stressed by all things political that we see things that aren’t there.”
During the 2008 World Cup in Germany, there were some dudes at the USA matches with Texas flags painted on their cheeks that my friends trolled by asking why they had Chilean flags on their faces. They were frustrated and asked, “Why is everyone asking us that?”
Eh, that's dickish, but at least the flag of Chile looks fairly similar to the Texas flag in shape and color.

Confusing the Norwegian flag and the Confederate battle flag requires a degree of literal color-blindness in combination with just not looking closely.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 13902
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Aresen » 23 Feb 2018, 00:36

Well, Norwegians are white aryans.... :P
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

User avatar
Sandy
Posts: 9984
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 18:03
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Sandy » 23 Feb 2018, 10:00

Mo wrote:
22 Feb 2018, 21:54
During the 2008 World Cup in Germany, there were some dudes at the USA matches with Texas flags painted on their cheeks that my friends trolled by asking why they had Chilean flags on their faces. They were frustrated and asked, “Why is everyone asking us that?”
That one is at least understandable. But mistaking the Norwegian flag for the Stars and Bars is...weird. I don't think they look anything alike, even hanging down.

I guess Trump is this generation's 9/11.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15493
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by lunchstealer » 23 Feb 2018, 15:27

Sandy wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 10:00
Mo wrote:
22 Feb 2018, 21:54
During the 2008 World Cup in Germany, there were some dudes at the USA matches with Texas flags painted on their cheeks that my friends trolled by asking why they had Chilean flags on their faces. They were frustrated and asked, “Why is everyone asking us that?”
That one is at least understandable. But mistaking the Norwegian flag for the Stars and Bars is...weird. I don't think they look anything alike, even hanging down.

I guess Trump is this generation's 9/11.
Red field with a cross that's blue and white, so I guess if you have crappy distance vision and are predisposed to distrust and alarmism, maybe?
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 11855
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Eric the .5b » 23 Feb 2018, 15:36

lunchstealer wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 15:27
Sandy wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 10:00
Mo wrote:
22 Feb 2018, 21:54
During the 2008 World Cup in Germany, there were some dudes at the USA matches with Texas flags painted on their cheeks that my friends trolled by asking why they had Chilean flags on their faces. They were frustrated and asked, “Why is everyone asking us that?”
That one is at least understandable. But mistaking the Norwegian flag for the Stars and Bars is...weird. I don't think they look anything alike, even hanging down.

I guess Trump is this generation's 9/11.
Red field with a cross that's blue and white, so I guess if you have crappy distance vision and are predisposed to distrust and alarmism, maybe?
And can't tell the differences between orange and red.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15493
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by lunchstealer » 23 Feb 2018, 15:49

The Duke Boys' car notwithstanding, the 'real' thing is red rather than orange.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 22477
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Mo » 23 Feb 2018, 16:05

lunchstealer wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 15:49
The Duke Boys' car notwithstanding, the 'real' thing is red rather than orange.
For both Norway and the Confederates.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 11855
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Eric the .5b » 23 Feb 2018, 18:07

lunchstealer wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 15:49
The Duke Boys' car notwithstanding, the 'real' thing is red rather than orange.
Well, that and eight zillion flags and bumper stickers.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

User avatar
Kwix
Posts: 1362
Joined: 17 May 2010, 22:07
Location: Great White North

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Kwix » 23 Feb 2018, 19:28

Eric the .5b wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 18:07
lunchstealer wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 15:49
The Duke Boys' car notwithstanding, the 'real' thing is red rather than orange.
Well, that and eight zillion flags and bumper stickers.
Image
But red fades pretty badly.
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex
"Sweet tea is the archvillain in Wilford Brimley's origin story." -- Ellie

User avatar
dead_elvis
Posts: 863
Joined: 01 May 2010, 15:26

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by dead_elvis » 23 Feb 2018, 19:44

OFFS, if anybody has a shred of positive feeling left for humanity, prepare to part with it:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -fake-scam
Over the past five months, at least 11 families with relatives – all asylum-seeking mothers and children – detained at the facility have been extorted by impersonators who have demanded payment to stop their loved ones being deported.

In total, the victims have paid more than $13,500, none of which has been recovered.

Katy Murdza, an advocacy coordinator with the Cara Family Detention Project, which provides free legal services to the two family detention centers in Texas, has documented and reported these scams to Ice, but received no updates or any information about the status of its investigation. Ice reports such allegations to its Office of Professional Responsibility.

The scammers have cited inexplicably specific details about their targets, making it very difficult not to trust what they say. In response to a question about how families should differentiate genuine calls from scams, Ice said that its officers “are required to verify the resident via their alien registration number”.

In sworn affidavits, relatives of detainees described receiving calls from fake Ice agents and attorneys who knew not only detainees’ names and alien registration numbers, but also their birthdates, date of entry into the United States, and the location of their detainment.

“Someone is leaking this information,” Murdza said. “The evidence we have points toward it being an employee at CBP, Ice or CoreCivic. It would be different if this were a one-off thing. But it’s clearly been systematic.”

In other words, the perpetrators are likely in contact with, or themselves employees at, the federal agencies or private companies that oversee immigrant detainees.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 13902
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Aresen » 23 Feb 2018, 19:54

dead_elvis wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 19:44
OFFS, if anybody has a shred of positive feeling left for humanity, prepare to part with it:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -fake-scam
Over the past five months, at least 11 families with relatives – all asylum-seeking mothers and children – detained at the facility have been extorted by impersonators who have demanded payment to stop their loved ones being deported.

In total, the victims have paid more than $13,500, none of which has been recovered.

Katy Murdza, an advocacy coordinator with the Cara Family Detention Project, which provides free legal services to the two family detention centers in Texas, has documented and reported these scams to Ice, but received no updates or any information about the status of its investigation. Ice reports such allegations to its Office of Professional Responsibility.

The scammers have cited inexplicably specific details about their targets, making it very difficult not to trust what they say. In response to a question about how families should differentiate genuine calls from scams, Ice said that its officers “are required to verify the resident via their alien registration number”.

In sworn affidavits, relatives of detainees described receiving calls from fake Ice agents and attorneys who knew not only detainees’ names and alien registration numbers, but also their birthdates, date of entry into the United States, and the location of their detainment.

“Someone is leaking this information,” Murdza said. “The evidence we have points toward it being an employee at CBP, Ice or CoreCivic. It would be different if this were a one-off thing. But it’s clearly been systematic.”

In other words, the perpetrators are likely in contact with, or themselves employees at, the federal agencies or private companies that oversee immigrant detainees.
You seem to be grouping ICE and USBPS employees in the category of 'humanity.'
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

User avatar
JD
Posts: 10018
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by JD » 02 Mar 2018, 13:39

Slate is arguing that Georgia is violating Delta's free-speech rights by rescinding the tax cut that benefited Delta.

While I think the Georgia lawmakers are being morons and jackasses of the first water, I really cannot see how you can argue that it's a violation of Delta's free speech rights unless you're arguing that Delta has some kind of inalienable entitlement to the tax cut, which is a weird thing for lefties to argue. They try to make a point with "But states cannot limit government benefits—whether free public education or tax breaks—to those who adhere to a particular ideological orthodoxy." But a targeted tax break which by design does not mention Delta explicitly, although it was clearly intended to benefit them is not "a government benefit". And governments pick winners and losers for things like tax breaks based on all kinds of factors all the time! So basically what we have here is Slate coming out in favor of a targeted tax break for a giant, profitable corporation, because it happens to line up with their politics.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 22477
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Mo » 02 Mar 2018, 14:18

Doesn't intent frequently turn previously legal actions into illegal ones? That was basically how the NC gerrymander was struck down. Creating district boundaries based on counties/communities of interest is perfectly legit, doing it to reduce the influence of minority voters is not.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Kwix
Posts: 1362
Joined: 17 May 2010, 22:07
Location: Great White North

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Kwix » 02 Mar 2018, 14:36

JD wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 13:39
So basically what we have here is Slate coming out in favor of a targeted tax break for a giant, profitable corporation, because it happens to line up with their politics.
I wondered how long that would take.
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex
"Sweet tea is the archvillain in Wilford Brimley's origin story." -- Ellie

User avatar
JD
Posts: 10018
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by JD » 02 Mar 2018, 15:15

Oh, and in Slate-world corporations do now have First Amendment rights, apparently.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 13902
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Aresen » 02 Mar 2018, 16:56

JD wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 15:15
Oh, and in Slate-world corporations do now have First Amendment rights, apparently.
Only when they are doing good-speech.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15493
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by lunchstealer » 02 Mar 2018, 17:31

I would say that at the very least, there has to be some kind of corruption charge you could hit the guy with. He's basically said that there's a quid pro quo - benefit my favored political donor organization or no tax cut for you.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests