There must be a pony in here somewhere.

Warren

Re: There must be a pony in here somewhere.

Post by Warren » 09 Oct 2017, 10:46

Painboy wrote:
09 Oct 2017, 10:34
Dangerman wrote:
09 Oct 2017, 08:45
I just want pricing at time of service.
Sing it brother!

Seriously this is easily the worst thing about the insurance/provider partnership to me. If I ask for a price for something I don't want to hear it costs somewhere between $50 and $750. That's not something I can realistically plan for.
I will march behind that banner.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

nicole

Post by nicole » 13 Oct 2017, 08:50

💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

Mo

Post by Mo » 13 Oct 2017, 11:07

Why has no one brought up that now what will happen is that the insurance companies will sue the government for money that the law says the government is obligated to pay. Everyone focuses on the fact that Obama was broke the law by distributing unappropriated funds, but similarly, Congress broke the law by not appropriating money that the law obligates them to spend.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 13 Oct 2017, 11:19

Mo wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 11:07
Why has no one brought up that now what will happen is that the insurance companies will sue the government for money that the law says the government is obligated to pay. Everyone focuses on the fact that Obama was broke the law by distributing unappropriated funds, but similarly, Congress broke the law by not appropriating money that the law obligates them to spend.
"There was no money, but the government spent it anyways."

That sounds familiar.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 13 Oct 2017, 13:23

Mo wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 11:07
Between this and the debt ceiling shenanigans, we're way overdue on a reckoning on the revenue and spending provisions of the Constution that we haven't seen since the impoundment and deficiency issues were settled (?)

(And there's still in the offing the constitutionally problematic nature of a trans-national carbon tax set solely by international treaty.)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 27 Oct 2017, 22:53

Hmm, another problem with our current system of health insurance divided by state (which among other things means most people's insurance only covers their own area): since Las Vegas is a tourist attraction in a way that previous mass shooting events were not, a lot of the people injured at the Mandalay Bay shooting were from out of state, with medical insurance that doesn't cover hospitals in Nevada.

EDIT: Link: http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/25/pf/insu ... 141AMStory
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 27 Oct 2017, 23:40

Serious question. How many people on the Gryll have health insurance that limits their coverage to health care only in their state or, as Jennifer puts it, area? I mean, I get that non-preferred providers would incur the higher deductible / co-pay, but that's true in-state, too. I have always assumed that such coverage is nationwide. In fact, my particular coverage is good (obviously within limits) overseas, as well.

nicole

Post by nicole » 28 Oct 2017, 09:25

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 23:40
Serious question. How many people on the Gryll have health insurance that limits their coverage to health care only in their state or, as Jennifer puts it, area? I mean, I get that non-preferred providers would incur the higher deductible / co-pay, but that's true in-state, too. I have always assumed that such coverage is nationwide. In fact, my particular coverage is good (obviously within limits) overseas, as well.
I have New York state-based insurance coverage because of my work being based there and it's never been a problem for me here in Illinois.

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 28 Oct 2017, 13:35

When I lived in Connecticut and taught in Massachusetts, I could only see doctors in Massachusetts, but I think there was some coverage (not full Massachusetts-level) for out-of-state emergencies.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 28 Oct 2017, 18:08

I have a coverage differential out of network but I can go wherever.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 28 Oct 2017, 22:18

I'm a Kaiser Permanente guy now. They seem to know what's up and basically say fuck md and hospital groups.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 29 Oct 2017, 09:49

Their model is interesting to me. I think they do what they can in a jacked up system.

I couldn't recall exactly how it worked but basically for me office visits are covered 90% after deductible in network and 70% covered out of network. There is a separate deductible and out of pocket maximum for out of network. All in network spend counts toward out of network limits and vice versa.

nicole

Post by nicole » 29 Oct 2017, 12:59

Yeah, mine basically works like that, it's just that in- vs. out-of-network doesn't seem to have much to do with the state. It's ultimately Blue Cross and I assume they have something overarching, though I actually have no idea if that's the case.