Re: Setec Astronomy

Post by Warren »

lunchstealer wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 15:38
Warren wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 12:11
Mo wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 10:28
MBS. The fact that MBS knew about the National Enquirer pictures before they were ever public is strong circumstantial evidence
???
It's evidence of a conduit of that information between MBS and TNE. The alternate explanation is that TNE hacked the phone and then informed MBS about it, which isn't impossible but not burdened with an overabundance of plausible.
Who is MBS?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Warren wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 15:40
lunchstealer wrote:
Warren wrote:
Mo wrote:
MBS. The fact that MBS knew about the National Enquirer pictures before they were ever public is strong circumstantial evidence
???
It's evidence of a conduit of that information between MBS and TNE. The alternate explanation is that TNE hacked the phone and then informed MBS about it, which isn't impossible but not burdened with an overabundance of plausible.
Who is MBS?
Quoth the Wiki:
Mohammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, colloquially known as MbS, is the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.
And head of their intelligence/security apparatus, and the one who gave the order for Khashoggi's entrapment, murder, and dismemberment (possibly not in that order).
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren »

lunchstealer wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 15:44
Warren wrote:
lunchstealer wrote:
Warren wrote:
Mo wrote:
???
Who is MBS?
Quoth the Wiki:
Mohammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, colloquially known as MbS, is the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.
And head of their intelligence/security apparatus, and the one who gave the order for Khashoggi's entrapment, murder, and dismemberment (possibly not in that order).
Ah. Okay, but I'm still missing the part where he knew about the National Enquirer pictures before they went public.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

I mean if anyone would know if and who hacked their phone I feel like it would be Bezos.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

Pham Nuwen wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 12:36
I mean if anyone would know if and who hacked their phone I feel like it would be Bezos.
Granted, but he also has incentive to lie about it.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

I can't see the upside to lying about this. Could you clear it up for me?

Warren

Post by Warren »

Meh, probably not.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Good talk.

Mo

Post by Mo »

Warren wrote:
lunchstealer wrote:
Warren wrote:
Mo wrote:
???
Who is MBS?
Commenting on what the Saudis did or did not do and saying this is like commenting on the Iraq war and saying, “Who is W?”
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo »

Warren wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 16:47
lunchstealer wrote:
Warren wrote:
lunchstealer wrote:
Warren wrote:
Mo wrote:
???
Who is MBS?
Quoth the Wiki:
Ah. Okay, but I'm still missing the part where he knew about the National Enquirer pictures before they went public.
He apparently made comments implying he knew they were coming out in the WhatsApp messages
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Warren

Post by Warren »

Mo wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 19:14
Warren wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 16:47
lunchstealer wrote:
Warren wrote:
lunchstealer wrote:
Warren wrote:

???
Who is MBS?
Quoth the Wiki:
He apparently made comments implying he knew they were coming out in the WhatsApp messages
I'm not finding that. Has anyone besides Bezos verified that?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

It's my honestly prejudicial preference to believe ANYTHING bad about any member of the House of Saud, individually or collectively.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo »

FTI Consulting and the UN

Warren

Post by Warren »

Aresen wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 19:34
It's my honestly prejudicial preference to believe ANYTHING bad about any member of the House of Saud, individually or collectively.
As am I. I'm not incredulous that they're guilty. I just want to see some evidence before I pack in my J'Accuse finger with confidence.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Speaking of the Saudis: Operation Encore and the Saudi Connection: A Secret History of the 9/11 Investigation

My bigger takeaway from this article wasn't about the Saudis, it was that the US has a massive surveillance state that can't do basic surveillance or make effective use of all the information it gathers. Getting a few idiots together, providing them with weapons, and then arresting them for terrorism? Yes. Keeping tabs on a person of interest or interviewing them before they leave the country? Nope.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Andrew wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 08:32
Speaking of the Saudis: Operation Encore and the Saudi Connection: A Secret History of the 9/11 Investigation

My bigger takeaway from this article wasn't about the Saudis, it was that the US has a massive surveillance state that can't do basic surveillance or make effective use of all the information it gathers. Getting a few idiots together, providing them with weapons, and then arresting them for terrorism? Yes. Keeping tabs on a person of interest or interviewing them before they leave the country? Nope.
I think that is a general flaw of Security States: All the powers the Secret Police are granted does not make them particularly effective in 'protecting the country', but those powers are inevitably abused in going after petty nobodies in order to make the apparatchiks appear to be doing their job.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Aresen wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 10:10
I think that is a general flaw of Security States: All the powers the Secret Police are granted does not make them particularly effective in 'protecting the country', but those powers are inevitably abused in going after petty nobodies in order to make the apparatchiks appear to be doing their job.
Just so. Recall that leading up to the Boston Marathon bombing, their anti-terrorism fusion center was organizing police infiltration and investigation...of completely peaceful protest groups.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Mo

Post by Mo »

I just made a GDPR request to Clearview. Curious what I get back.

JD

Post by JD »

Eric the .5b wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 18:51
Aresen wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 10:10
Just so. Recall that leading up to the Boston Marathon bombing, their anti-terrorism fusion center was organizing police infiltration and investigation...of completely peaceful protest groups.
And before the Pearl Harbor attack, Naval intelligence was obsessed with the idea that the real threat was Japanese-Americans living in Hawaii.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Mo

Post by Mo »

Stuff like this is why I find complains about Huawei to be a bunch of bunk. It's not due to any concern that allies communications are secure, it's about ensuring that we can read our allies' stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... espionage/

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

I have the concern about huawei and don’t have a particular take about us having monitoring capability. I mean it’s bad but not the same as chi coms with finger on the pulse. I don’t want China with that kind of ability.

Warren

Post by Warren »

Yeah. If anything, that seems to vindicate the concern.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

The US may be an untrustworthy ally and a bunch of imperialist assholes, but at least they're a democratic bunch of imperialist assholes.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

JasonL wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 22:04
I have the concern about huawei and don’t have a particular take about us having monitoring capability. I mean it’s bad but not the same as chi coms with finger on the pulse. I don’t want China with that kind of ability.
Easy for yoU to SAy.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Aresen wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 22:47
JasonL wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 22:04
Easy for yoU to SAy.
Well, yeah. It's not like Canadians get a say. :)
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.