Roolz of the Rode

Taktix®

Re: Roolz of the Rode

Post by Taktix® » 05 Mar 2015, 16:23

Warren wrote:Meh. You live in NYC, epic toolness is the water you swim in. You're gonna get run over, mugged, slimed, it's just a matter of time.
Yes, and a lot of that has spilled over to my neck o' the swamp.

Standard Issue New Yorkers are awful...
"who will quietly mumble for the introverts?" - dhex

"If it's a legitimate dictatorship the body politic has ways of shutting the whole thing down." - thoreau

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 05 Mar 2015, 19:01

Taktix® wrote:
Warren wrote:Meh. You live in NYC, epic toolness is the water you swim in. You're gonna get run over, mugged, slimed, it's just a matter of time.

Just keep telling yourselves that Florida and Missouri are better than an actually functional city.
Saudi Arabia is doing something potentially harmful to America? Oh, hell. Does that mean we're going to invade Iraq again? - Jennifer

Warren

Post by Warren » 05 Mar 2015, 20:28

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
Taktix® wrote:

Just keep telling yourselves that Florida and Missouri are better than an actually functional city.
I don't know what you mean by "actually functional city". I like being in the burbs of a 150k-250k pop. city. About the only thing good I can say about MO is, I'd rather be here than NYC. Though I've been to Springfield several times and wouldn't mind living there. Columbia's not bad either, but hell, even Jefferson City would be an improvement over Goat Rope.
Women with strollers are legitimately the worst people, and should, like motorcyclists, not be considered people for liability and criminal purposes. - lunchstealer

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 05 Mar 2015, 23:22

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
Taktix® wrote:

LOL those are states!

I don't have any illusions about the functionality of Florida. It's run by people that sucked too hard to cut it in NYC (Miami Metro, anyway. West coast is more mid-westerner.) I don't really hate New Yorkers, it's just that my night work requires that I interact with a lot of New York slob tourists with no fucking manners. But those people are everywhere, I suppose.

My current environment promotes a strong association between douchery and New York accents right now...

"If it's a legitimate dictatorship the body politic has ways of shutting the whole thing down." - thoreau

dhex

Post by dhex » 06 Mar 2015, 09:35

tourists are the worst. full stop.
"If they make a movie about Bothans pre-ROTJ that is basically a rip off of the Taking of Pelham 123, I would start masturbating in the theater." fffffffunnnngh

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 06 Mar 2015, 09:36

Taktix® wrote:
LOL those are states!
Right, and they can't even get that lower level of existence right.
Saudi Arabia is doing something potentially harmful to America? Oh, hell. Does that mean we're going to invade Iraq again? - Jennifer

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 06 Mar 2015, 09:38

Warren wrote:I don't know what you mean by "actually functional city". I like being in the burbs of a 150k-250k pop. city.
Those are the sorts of places where you get set on fire in your car by a teenager with chromosomal damage, not NYC.

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 06 Mar 2015, 09:41

dhex wrote:tourists are the worst. full stop.
+1

I wish city tourist offices would tell tourists that tourists who walk two or more abreast in high traffic areas are pretty much Nazis. Locals who do that are Hitler.

Warren

Post by Warren » 06 Mar 2015, 10:07

Fin Fang Foom wrote: Those are the sorts of places where you get set on fire in your car by a teenager with chromosomal damage, not NYC.
What chu talkin bout Willis?
Women with strollers are legitimately the worst people, and should, like motorcyclists, not be considered people for liability and criminal purposes. - lunchstealer

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 06 Mar 2015, 10:13

Warren wrote:
Fin Fang Foom wrote: Those are the sorts of places where you get set on fire in your car by a teenager with chromosomal damage, not NYC.
Oh yeah, car fires dropped dramatically once they banned large sodas.

True story...

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 06 Mar 2015, 10:16

Taktix® wrote:
Warren wrote:
Oh yeah, car fires dropped dramatically once they banned large sodas.

True story...
Are you posting from 1980? NYC looks dangerous if you are from Copenhagen.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 06 Mar 2015, 15:50

Even the Bronxes?
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"Repeated headdesk is dangerous yo." - JasonL

Mo

Post by Mo » 08 Mar 2015, 12:49

lunchstealer wrote:Even the Bronxes?
St. Louis has ~50% more violent crime per capita than the Bronx.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 08 Mar 2015, 18:16

Mo wrote:
lunchstealer wrote:Even the Bronxes?
St. Louis has ~50% more violent crime per capita than the Bronx.
I don't don't go to Saint Louis, either. It's right next to East Saint Louis.

ETA: I live in a town that's as murdery as the Bronx, but the stabs are pretty geographically contained, and I never have to go near them, although I did have a bus transfer in the stab district if I took the fastest bus route to work. I took slower routes most of the time.

Timothy

Post by Timothy » 09 Mar 2015, 01:47

A lot of Stabbings in Aurora? I mean, it's nowhere near as stabby/shooty/nuts as Denver proper used to be, especially in the quickly gentrifying Colfax area. Fyodor could tell you more about that, my long-ago experiences are mostly in Littleton and surrounds.
"i say make some popcorn and give me a blanket to hide this six foot boner i have." --dhex

"The difference between Hodor! and Jeb! is that at the end of the day, one of them gets to stop pretending he's retarded." -- Jasper

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 09 Mar 2015, 03:02

Timothy wrote:A lot of Stabbings in Aurora? I mean, it's nowhere near as stabby/shooty/nuts as Denver proper used to be, especially in the quickly gentrifying Colfax area. Fyodor could tell you more about that, my long-ago experiences are mostly in Littleton and surrounds.
The quickly gentrifying Colfax area in Denver is right next to the not-at-all gentrifying Colfax area of Aurora. Gentrification has displaced diverse populations further out along the same bus route. And my use of stabby is meant as a metaphor for the whole gamut of stabby/shooty/blunt-objecty forms of diplomacy. I stay south of Alameda and things work out just fine. Admittedly, a couple years ago there was a kid who snapped and went all Mr Bates on her Tiger Mom a few blocks away from my house, but who hasn't wanted to stab a tiger mom 86 times with a kitchen knife?

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 17 Mar 2015, 22:02

One of the many places where I fall short of the jadagulian ideal WRT my fellow man is in the parking lot. I'm okay with people who bogart a space when the car is starting or backing out. But when you follow me as I walk to my car from the store, I make you pay for the time/distance you think you're gonna save by taking eeeeeeeeeeeeeeextra long to stow my parcels, unlock my door, fasten and adjust my seatbelt, plug in my phone, select a music feed, and punch in a destination if I happen to need to.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Highway

Post by Highway » 18 Mar 2015, 00:02

If the lot's completely full, this isn't the worst thing. If the lot has open spaces 10 spots farther away, it's just obnoxious to follow someone like that. I walk through rows if someone's following me.

ETA: This is also unacceptable if it's a parking garage where you know that floors 5, 6, and 7 will be completely open, but someone's trolling along behind you on floor 3. You're gonna ride the elevator ANYWAY, dumbass!
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Jason S.

Post by Jason S. » 18 Mar 2015, 08:53

Hugh Akston wrote:One of the many places where I fall short of the jadagulian ideal WRT my fellow man is in the parking lot. I'm okay with people who bogart a space when the car is starting or backing out. But when you follow me as I walk to my car from the store, I make you pay for the time/distance you think you're gonna save by taking eeeeeeeeeeeeeeextra long to stow my parcels, unlock my door, fasten and adjust my seatbelt, plug in my phone, select a music feed, and punch in a destination if I happen to need to.
This is especially amusing when people follow me to my car when I'm not even leaving. Sometimes I go to my car to retrieve something from it or to use it as a phone booth.
"I'm sure Jason S. is a fine fellow..." -JasonL

Warren

Post by Warren » 18 Mar 2015, 09:45

AH! :o
I forgot you were there. You startled me.

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 18 Mar 2015, 10:23

Assuming we're not talking super huge lots (like an airport), I don't get non-mobility and non-child encumbered people who don't park, in non-deluge conditions, further from the building where there are lots of spaces. We all need the exercise, and we are talking maybe a minute more to get into and out of the store, at the outside.

Warren

Post by Warren » 18 Mar 2015, 11:07

Fin Fang Foom wrote:Assuming we're not talking super huge lots (like an airport), I don't get non-mobility and non-child encumbered people who don't park, in non-deluge conditions, further from the building where there are lots of spaces. We all need the exercise, and we are talking maybe a minute more to get into and out of the store, at the outside.
Yes, but it's a minute of walking through a parking lot. I'll get my walking exercise in the store, and when I'm done I don't want to be pushing a cart a quarter mile though the lot.

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 18 Mar 2015, 11:10

Warren wrote:
Fin Fang Foom wrote:Assuming we're not talking super huge lots (like an airport), I don't get non-mobility and non-child encumbered people who don't park, in non-deluge conditions, further from the building where there are lots of spaces. We all need the exercise, and we are talking maybe a minute more to get into and out of the store, at the outside.
Yes, but it's a minute of walking through a parking lot. I'll get my walking exercise in the store, and when I'm done I don't want to be pushing a cart a quarter mile though the lot.
#BemonocledClassProblems

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 18 Mar 2015, 12:14

Warren wrote:
For me, it is more the ease of finding a parking spot that causes me to park further away from the store. I shake my head when I see people waiting five minutes for someone to pull out of a spot close to the door when there are plenty of spaces elsewhere. Also, if I can find a spot in the shade in summer, I will park in the shade no matter how far it is from the store door.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 18 Mar 2015, 13:17

Aresen wrote:
Warren wrote:
For me, it is more the ease of finding a parking spot that causes me to park further away from the store. I shake my head when I see people waiting five minutes for someone to pull out of a spot close to the door when there are plenty of spaces elsewhere. Also, if I can find a spot in the shade in summer, I will park in the shade no matter how far it is from the store door.
In Dallas, there was no truer trueness than this. Because of the assholeness habits of starlings/grackles/English-sparrows, this often meant that your car was going to need a carwash thereafter, but small price to pay. However, the flipside of the park-far-away thing in the Texas sun was a long walk broiled from above and baked from below.