Observations of the Random sort

User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 20440
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Kolohe wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 00:08 What did Melania actually do with her time before Donald became prez? Even just taking care of Barron became a little bit less of a time sink after he started school around 2012 or so.
Shop. Hang out with friends. Check actuarial tables.
User avatar
Shem
Posts: 8500
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Shem »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 00:43
Kolohe wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 00:08 What did Melania actually do with her time before Donald became prez? Even just taking care of Barron became a little bit less of a time sink after he started school around 2012 or so.
Shop. Hang out with friends. Check actuarial tables.
Google "how to trigger air embolism."
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen
User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 30414
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by thoreau »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 00:43
Kolohe wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 00:08 What did Melania actually do with her time before Donald became prez? Even just taking care of Barron became a little bit less of a time sink after he started school around 2012 or so.
Shop. Hang out with friends. Check actuarial tables.
Bang the head of security at the Tiffany's in Trump Tower.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
User avatar
Hugh Akston
Posts: 19726
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:51
Location: Elev. 5280 ft

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Hugh Akston »



Remember when those nauseating displays of paid patriotism abruptly ceased from 2008-2016? Good times.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman
User avatar
Number 6
Posts: 3414
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:41

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Number 6 »

I'm honestly not sure what I'm supposed to take from that.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul
User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 17284
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Aresen »

I'm guessing it is unpatriotic not to support wasting taxpayer money for jolly jetmen to show off at a jockfest.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
User avatar
JD
Posts: 12193
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by JD »

Aresen wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 19:03 I'm guessing it is unpatriotic not to support wasting taxpayer money for jolly jetmen to show off at a jockfest.
In all fairness, pilots do have to keep up a certain number of flight hours, and airshows count towards that like anything else would. They burn the same amount of fuel whether they're flying over a sportsball game or a mountainous wasteland.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 17284
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Aresen »

JD wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 20:04
Aresen wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 19:03 I'm guessing it is unpatriotic not to support wasting taxpayer money for jolly jetmen to show off at a jockfest.
In all fairness, pilots do have to keep up a certain number of flight hours, and airshows count towards that like anything else would. They burn the same amount of fuel whether they're flying over a sportsball game or a mountainous wasteland.
I would be much more impressed if they actually bombed the stadium, preferably with napalm.
♫Napalm bombs, napalm bombs
Napalm all the way!
Oh what fun to roast a jock
For good old Donald J! ♫
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 30414
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by thoreau »

If they want to go after large buildings, forget stadiums. There's a building on 5th Avenue that is definitely an eyesore.

Not to mention a certain Florida resort.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 20440
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Those flyovers and the rest of the flag waving is DoD paid advertising.
User avatar
Hugh Akston
Posts: 19726
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:51
Location: Elev. 5280 ft

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Hugh Akston »

JD wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 20:04
Aresen wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 19:03 I'm guessing it is unpatriotic not to support wasting taxpayer money for jolly jetmen to show off at a jockfest.
In all fairness, pilots do have to keep up a certain number of flight hours, and airshows count towards that like anything else would. They burn the same amount of fuel whether they're flying over a sportsball game or a mountainous wasteland.
Jon made that same argument, but there are a couple of USAF pilots who metaphorically shot him down.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman
User avatar
Painboy
Posts: 4649
Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 11:33
Location: Seattle

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Painboy »

Hugh Akston wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 17:04

Remember when those nauseating displays of paid patriotism abruptly ceased from 2008-2016? Good times.
I think I'm more stunned that they talk to each other in that same goofy broadcaster voice even off camera.
User avatar
JD
Posts: 12193
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by JD »

Painboy wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 20:56 I think I'm more stunned that they talk to each other in that same goofy broadcaster voice even off camera.
Now all I can imagine is "sportscaster pillow talk"...
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
User avatar
Shem
Posts: 8500
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Shem »

JD wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 20:04
Aresen wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 19:03 I'm guessing it is unpatriotic not to support wasting taxpayer money for jolly jetmen to show off at a jockfest.
In all fairness, pilots do have to keep up a certain number of flight hours, and airshows count towards that like anything else would. They burn the same amount of fuel whether they're flying over a sportsball game or a mountainous wasteland.
The reason they said it was because given the only 7500 spectators in the stadium, it might as well have been over a mountainous wasteland. Not any opposition to flyovers as such.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen
User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 20440
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Shem wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 23:02
JD wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 20:04
Aresen wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 19:03 I'm guessing it is unpatriotic not to support wasting taxpayer money for jolly jetmen to show off at a jockfest.
In all fairness, pilots do have to keep up a certain number of flight hours, and airshows count towards that like anything else would. They burn the same amount of fuel whether they're flying over a sportsball game or a mountainous wasteland.
The reason they said it was because given the only 7500 spectators in the stadium, it might as well have been over a mountainous wasteland. Not any opposition to flyovers as such.
Was it not televised?
User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 19057
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by lunchstealer »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 23:04
Shem wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 23:02
JD wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 20:04
Aresen wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 19:03 I'm guessing it is unpatriotic not to support wasting taxpayer money for jolly jetmen to show off at a jockfest.
In all fairness, pilots do have to keep up a certain number of flight hours, and airshows count towards that like anything else would. They burn the same amount of fuel whether they're flying over a sportsball game or a mountainous wasteland.
The reason they said it was because given the only 7500 spectators in the stadium, it might as well have been over a mountainous wasteland. Not any opposition to flyovers as such.
Was it not televised?
It was pre-empted by the revolution.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
User avatar
Jake
Posts: 2928
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 18:38

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Jake »

JD wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 22:32
Painboy wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 20:56 I think I'm more stunned that they talk to each other in that same goofy broadcaster voice even off camera.
Now all I can imagine is "sportscaster pillow talk"...
youtu.be/RqRiYvfKAk8?t=1362
"One doesn't want to be a Chicken Little but OTOH does the sky look closer to you? It looks closer to me." -- Warren
User avatar
Warren
Posts: 30166
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Warren »

JD wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 20:04
Aresen wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 19:03 I'm guessing it is unpatriotic not to support wasting taxpayer money for jolly jetmen to show off at a jockfest.
In all fairness, pilots do have to keep up a certain number of flight hours, and airshows count towards that like anything else would. They burn the same amount of fuel whether they're flying over a sportsball game or a mountainous wasteland.
But I'm thinking the guys that they let do the fly overs aren't the guys that need more cockpit time to keep their quals.
Nobody, men included, wants a world where men treat women with the same respect they show to other men. - thoreau
User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 14657
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Kolohe »

Painboy wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 20:56
Hugh Akston wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 17:04

Remember when those nauseating displays of paid patriotism abruptly ceased from 2008-2016? Good times.
I think I'm more stunned that they talk to each other in that same goofy broadcaster voice even off camera.
Joe buck grew up in a household where the family accent was ‘broadcaster’ & Aikman very likely has some small degree of literal brain damage.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
User avatar
Shem
Posts: 8500
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Shem »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 23:04
Shem wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 23:02
JD wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 20:04
Aresen wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 19:03 I'm guessing it is unpatriotic not to support wasting taxpayer money for jolly jetmen to show off at a jockfest.
In all fairness, pilots do have to keep up a certain number of flight hours, and airshows count towards that like anything else would. They burn the same amount of fuel whether they're flying over a sportsball game or a mountainous wasteland.
The reason they said it was because given the only 7500 spectators in the stadium, it might as well have been over a mountainous wasteland. Not any opposition to flyovers as such.
Was it not televised?
I don't believe the flyover was, but I was, um, watching via non-traditional options, so the foreign broadcast might have just omitted it.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen
User avatar
JD
Posts: 12193
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by JD »

OxyContin maker to plead guilty to federal criminal charges, pay $8 billion, and will close the company

Wow, that sounds really serious! They're just going to directly shut down the maker of OxyContin! They must be really determined to end the opioid crisis...
The company will be dissolved as part of the criminal charges, and its assets will be used to create a new government-controlled company.
That new company will continue to produce painkillers such as OxyContin...
Oh.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
User avatar
Warren
Posts: 30166
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Warren »

JD wrote: Yesterday, 12:43 OxyContin maker to plead guilty to federal criminal charges, pay $8 billion, and will close the company

Wow, that sounds really serious! They're just going to directly shut down the maker of OxyContin! They must be really determined to end the opioid crisis...
The company will be dissolved as part of the criminal charges, and its assets will be used to create a new government-controlled company.
That new company will continue to produce painkillers such as OxyContin...
Oh.
One of those days small.jpg
One of those days small.jpg (198.1 KiB) Viewed 454 times
Nobody, men included, wants a world where men treat women with the same respect they show to other men. - thoreau
User avatar
JD
Posts: 12193
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by JD »

Jennifer Finch, bassist for L7, is "Creative DIrector - Director of Brand Strategy" for the Weekly World News. This amuses me no end.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
Post Reply