Observations of the Random sort

Painboy

Re: Observations of the Random sort

Post by Painboy » 11 Nov 2018, 12:46

Eric the .5b wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 19:55
Reading remarks by some Blues online, I remain fascinated by how presidential responsibility for things like the economy works.

1) The bubble-burst and recession that started before GWB took office was the Bush recession, of course.
2) The later severe downturn before the Obama election was all Bush's fault, too.
3) Obama was of course responsible for every fleeting moment of upturn until the economy actually recovered, which was of course also to his credit.
4) Obama is also, of course, responsible for the current economic upturn, two years after leaving office. This is apparently because of all the things he did that, according the Blues during his term, he was completely unable to do because of Republicans and the Constitution.
Look if we had just given Obama the one ring everything would've been fine.*

*This thought immediately made me think of Trump as Golem and now I can't stop reading his tweets in that voice. NASTY SESSIONS! WE HATES THE MUELLER!

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 11 Nov 2018, 12:57

Painboy wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 12:46
Trump as Golem
Hey, don't blame him on the Jews!
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

JD

Post by JD » 12 Nov 2018, 10:52

Eric the .5b wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 19:55
Reading remarks by some Blues online, I remain fascinated by how presidential responsibility for things like the economy works.
Don't you know that the President is solely, 100% responsible for the state of the economy? That means that if the economy is good, the President is smart and well-intentioned; if the economy is bad, it is because the President is stupid and evil. But the really amazing thing about this relationship is that it even works in reverse: if the President is stupid and evil, then the economy must be bad, and if the President is smart and good, then the economy must be good.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 27 Nov 2018, 15:09

Cops came by yesterday to inspect the contents of the garbage dumpster next to my building -- more precisely, to investigate the two ATMs that somehow ended up there.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 27 Nov 2018, 15:20

Jennifer wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 15:09
Cops came by yesterday to inspect the contents of the garbage dumpster next to my building -- more precisely, to investigate the two ATMs that somehow ended up there.
So, which set of thieves got the cash in the machines? :D
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 27 Nov 2018, 15:36

Technically the 2001 recession began in March, so it was after Bush took office. As for #4, it’s a continuation of the pre-2016 trend. There was a dip in growth in 2016, that is primarily due to the big drop in oil prices at the a few years after the US became a huge oil producer.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 27 Nov 2018, 17:06

I saw a bumper sticker on my way home today that said "Prayer is our best defense against evil", which actually explains a lot about the state of the world.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 27 Nov 2018, 17:21

It's like turmeric for the human condition.

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 28 Nov 2018, 13:04

Hugh Akston wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 17:06
I saw a bumper sticker on my way home today that said "Prayer is our best defense against evil", which actually explains a lot about the state of the world.
I find a nice jacketed hollow point works better on a personal level, but it's inadequate for larger systemic issues.
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 28 Nov 2018, 19:11

tr0g wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 13:04
Hugh Akston wrote:
I find a nice jacketed hollow point works better on a personal level, but it's inadequate for larger systemic issues.
Larger systemic issues require fire.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Warren

Post by Warren » 29 Nov 2018, 12:29

Andrew wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 19:11
tr0g wrote:
Hugh Akston wrote:
Nuke from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 29 Nov 2018, 12:53

Warren wrote:
Andrew wrote:
tr0g wrote:
Hugh Akston wrote:
Nuke from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Too limited. Needs moar SMOD.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 29 Nov 2018, 12:59

Andrew wrote:
tr0g wrote:
Hugh Akston wrote:
#BTFSTTG
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 03 Dec 2018, 16:11

One one hand, Fox News' livestream of the GHWB body dump was a gross morbid power-fellating jingoistic jerkoff. On the other hand, since it was literally a camera pointed at a car containing a box containing a corpse, it was probably the least dumb thing ever broadcast on Fox News.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Mo

Observations of the Random sort

Post by Mo » 04 Dec 2018, 17:37

So the Weekly Standard may get shut down, not because their traffic is down, but because they insufficiently fellate Trump. That explains what NR balances their measured criticism of Trump with the Victor Davis Hanson mescaline induced conspiracy theories and Andy McCarthy’s legal gymnastics.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/04/media/we ... index.html
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex