Damn database problems

Warren

Re: Damn database problems

Post by Warren »

nicole wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 10:36 FYI I can no longer sign in to the gryll. I have an ongoing session in this browser so I could still use that this morning, but when I try to sign in on my phone now I get a message that my password is wrong.

Also heard from Hugh that trying to reset the password seems not to work
NOOOOOOOO
You can always make a new account. But nicole is nicole.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

nicole wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 10:36 FYI I can no longer sign in to the gryll. I have an ongoing session in this browser so I could still use that this morning, but when I try to sign in on my phone now I get a message that my password is wrong.

Also heard from Hugh that trying to reset the password seems not to work
Can Ellie help?
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

You might ping Sandy as well. He doesn't post here anymore, but I think he's still got admin privileges and at least willing to help if he were asked. I can PM you his email or he's on twitter/bookface.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
nicole

Post by nicole »

I guess I didn't really explain that Hugh also can't sign in, and he doesn't have an active session.

I will ping Sandy.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex
Warren

Post by Warren »

Awwwwww This Blows
Pretty sure you're both eff'd. This cam up before with A_R.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
nicole

Post by nicole »

Don't fucking jinx us bro.

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Yes, Sandy is the one to reach out to. I am useless for anything more complicated than splitting threads. I hope he knows what's up!
"Ellie is the Warren of comedy." -Shem
nicole

Post by nicole »

Ellie wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 15:56 Yes, Sandy is the one to reach out to. I am useless for anything more complicated than splitting threads. I hope he knows what's up!
He said he thought you had rehosted the gryll after his last failed update? I don't know.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

So at this point Grylliade is like a rudderless ship on the high seas? Are we headed for Gryll 5.0 or whatever the hell it would be now?
Warren

Post by Warren »

Not so much rudderless as all the red shirts in engineering abandoned ship.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

nicole wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 16:41
Ellie wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 15:56 Yes, Sandy is the one to reach out to. I am useless for anything more complicated than splitting threads. I hope he knows what's up!
He said he thought you had rehosted the gryll after his last failed update? I don't know.
I don't think we did! I'll talk to him directly.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Warren wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 18:09 Not so much rudderless as all the red shirts in engineering abandoned ship.
That reminds me, I'll need to make sure David gives me all the passwords for the back end (hur hur) of the website before I move out. I'm making sure I get the Gryll in this breakup! Even if it is named after him!
nicole

Post by nicole »

Ellie wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 18:41
We appreciate it!

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

nicole wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 19:50
We appreciate it!
Maybe we need a couple of new backup administrators, too? Or is that not possible with this version?
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Totally possible, I just don't know if there's anybody here who'd want to do it.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 21:30
We appreciate it!
Maybe we need a couple of new backup administrators, too? Or is that not possible with this version?
My guess is that the issue there is expertise in PHP itself. Maybe Eric or JD but I don't know their exact quals/specialties.

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

lunchstealer wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 21:41
We appreciate it!
My guess is that the issue there is expertise in PHP itself. Maybe Eric or JD but I don't know their exact quals/specialties.
Really? The platform is so kludgy that you need a code geek to operate it?
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 21:45
lunchstealer wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 21:41

We appreciate it!
Really? The platform is so kludgy that you need a code geek to operate it?
I assume everything is? It kind of didn't occur to me that it wouldn't be.

I mean the simple stuff like "let's split this set of comments into their own thread behind the veil" sure that should be simple enough, but "why is Nicole suddenly locked out how do we fix this" seems like you might at least need to be familiar with the way PHP bulletin boards are typically configured.

Warren

Post by Warren »

lunchstealer wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 21:52 I assume everything is? It kind of didn't occur to me that it wouldn't be.
Yeah D.A, what color is the sky in your world? I assume it's user selectable.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Happened on my ipad this morning. Still okay on my laptop.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.
Mo

Post by Mo »

I had the same problem
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex
Mo

Post by Mo »

I don't know if Sandy has me blocked, but I get the message, "Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt."
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex
nicole

Post by nicole »

Noting here that in my case and Hugh's, the issue was also associated with Apple devices -- in my case just my iPhone, in his a couple of Mac computers as well. But he said he's been using FF and I've been using Safari.

Mo, I had pinged Sandy on the FB. Not sure if that's where you meant but, I did PM him there.

Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

Another data point-I am posting from an iPad with no issues, however, I’m doing so on Chrome. I’ll try safari and see if that works.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul
Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

I'm in on Safari.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul