Damn database problems

Warren

Re: Damn database problems

Post by Warren » 25 Nov 2019, 19:36

There's a crack in the hull of the Grylliade! We're taking on water! Abandon Blog! Abandon Blog!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Kolohe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Kolohe » 25 Nov 2019, 23:04

Or we can do like that one guy in Titanic; stick around to the very end, but drink a hella lot.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Aresen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Aresen » 25 Nov 2019, 23:25

Kolohe wrote:
25 Nov 2019, 23:04
Or we can do like that one guy in Titanic; stick around to the very end, but drink a hella lot.
Meet you in the stern lounge. We'll have time for one more drink that way.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 26 Nov 2019, 11:46

Seeing it the actual thread listings now.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (20.43 KiB) Viewed 327 times
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 26 Nov 2019, 12:43

Does anybody still work in IT around here? Who might even be looking at this with the idea they could possibly fix it?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Masked Grylliader

Post by Masked Grylliader » 26 Nov 2019, 13:08

Sandy is the guru of all things phpBB and he's looking into it.

I can't even log in on my own account for some reason!

-Ellie
Remember, remember

Warren

Post by Warren » 26 Nov 2019, 13:40

Masked Grylliader wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 13:08

-Ellie
OH NOES!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 26 Nov 2019, 13:41

Masked Grylliader wrote:

-Ellie
How do we know that you're Ellie and not a Russian troll farmer?
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 26 Nov 2019, 13:51

thoreau wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 13:41
Masked Grylliader wrote:

-Ellie
She used articles in her comment -- "Sandy is the guru" rather than "Sandy is guru."

Hey, maybe after he fixes the PHO problem, he can hang out like in the old days!
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 26 Nov 2019, 13:54

Jennifer wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 13:51
thoreau wrote:
Masked Grylliader wrote:

-Ellie
She used articles in her comment -- "Sandy is the guru" rather than "Sandy is guru."

Hey, maybe after he fixes the PHO problem, he can hang out like in the old days!
Sandy shouldn't attempt to fix pho; it would be cultural appropriation.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 26 Nov 2019, 14:04

thoreau wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 13:54
Jennifer wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 13:51
thoreau wrote:
Masked Grylliader wrote:

-Ellie

Sandy shouldn't attempt to fix pho; it would be cultural appropriation.
No; in this context it would clearly be "Bombing pho-eaters in the name of freedom and democracy, to protect them from the communist bombs that might otherwise share the misery equally."
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 26 Nov 2019, 15:05

Sandy coming back to hang out would be nice.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Masked Grylliader

Post by Masked Grylliader » 26 Nov 2019, 18:07

Sandy (who might not be able to log in either) says it's because the server got updated and now won't handle anything older than phpBB 3.3, and we're on 3.2. So the options are to wait for 3.3 to come out, or try to move to a new server. I'm going to try to get David to move everything to a new server over the holiday weekend, but we're not sure if we can or how much of a pain in the ass it will be. In the meantime, apologies for the warnings and weird text all over the forums!

If anything else breaks or you suddenly can't log in, contact me on Facebook (Ellie Watkins) or by email (afterwards@gmail.com).

- Ellie
Remember, remember

Warren

Post by Warren » 26 Nov 2019, 20:52

Masked Grylliader wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 18:07
...the server got updated and now won't handle anything older than phpBB 3.3, and we're on 3.2. So the options are to wait for 3.3 to come out...
Uh what? The server won't support anything older than a version that hasn't come out yet? Did I get that right?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Warren

Post by Warren » 26 Nov 2019, 20:56

OH FUCK
I just thought of something. We might lose all this history like we did with Drupal.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Masked Grylliader

Post by Masked Grylliader » 26 Nov 2019, 21:16

Warren wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 20:52
Masked Grylliader wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 18:07
...the server got updated and now won't handle anything older than phpBB 3.3, and we're on 3.2. So the options are to wait for 3.3 to come out...
Uh what? The server won't support anything older than a version that hasn't come out yet? Did I get that right?
Haha! Oops. Well, it's something like that. Move to a new server or wait for the next version of something to come out. (This is why it's good that Sandy is here and I'm not the only one in charge of the backend.) And we're going to try the new server first. Nothing should get lost if we do it right. Fingers crossed.
Remember, remember

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 26 Nov 2019, 21:18

The business about parameters made me suspect something had updated beyond another thing's version, but unfortunately I don't know php or phpBB. :/

Thanks for keeping us up to date.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Jason

Post by Jason » 10 Dec 2019, 18:57

Is that what all these messages are about?

Code: Select all

This message should not be used for any purposes in the development, design, manufacture, or production of nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons.

Masked Grylliader

Post by Masked Grylliader » 11 Dec 2019, 10:27

Yes. And we have a possible solution of upgrading to a beta version. David just ... hasn't yet, because he's David, and I am completely useless at any backend stuff, because I'm Ellie. :(
Remember, remember

Warren

Post by Warren » 11 Dec 2019, 12:25

Masked Grylliader wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 10:27
Yes. And we have a possible solution of upgrading to a beta version. David just ... hasn't yet, because he's David, and I am completely useless at any backend stuff, because I'm Ellie. :(
Didn't we have an intricate plan on how Sandy was going to handle this?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JD

Post by JD » 11 Dec 2019, 12:45

Perhaps we ought to come up with a Grylliade Escape Plan, in case we ever need to abandon this platform.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 11 Dec 2019, 13:01

Plan seems pretty straightforward to me.

Step 1:
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 11 Dec 2019, 14:55

JD wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 12:45
Perhaps we ought to come up with a Grylliade Escape Plan, in case we ever need to abandon this platform.
I think we have to ask the Ukrainians to help us figure out what's going on with the server.
--Mo

Masked Grylliader

Post by Masked Grylliader » 11 Dec 2019, 23:00

I have to admit that using the MG account just isn't cutting it for me. I'm GryllJonesing.

-Number Six
Remember, remember

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 11 Dec 2019, 23:23

Shit, I forgot Six is a Moderator too. Something about this code specifically locks mods out? Has anyone spoken to Rachel lately?

Is David's account accessible? If none of the mods can get in as themselves, how the devil is the correction supposed to be made even after the fix is released?