the entirely civil and thoughtful israel thread

thoreau

Re: the entirely civil and thoughtful israel thread

Post by thoreau » 29 Dec 2016, 12:37

Your scenario presumes that the FSB won't have plenty of loyal operatives in the White House to stop Trump.

Sent from a phone so their may be speling errors and autocorrect snafu's.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Mo

Post by Mo » 29 Dec 2016, 12:41

Also, it pretty amusing to see Bibi get salty at Obama over this, when he got played by Putin on this exact same vote.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 29 Dec 2016, 12:41

thoreau wrote:Your scenario presumes that the FSB won't have plenty of loyal operatives in the White House to stop Trump.

Russia is venial, not fanatical.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 29 Dec 2016, 12:53

Russia is self interested, and has already gotten people like Manafort into Trump's circle. It would not shock me if they get more people into Trump's circle precisely to stop him from drunk-tweeting launch orders.

"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 29 Dec 2016, 14:02

thoreau wrote:Russia is self interested, and has already gotten people like Manafort into Trump's circle. It would not shock me if they get more people into Trump's circle precisely to stop him from drunk-tweeting launch orders.

People almost entirely unable to control Trump?

Mo

Post by Mo » 29 Dec 2016, 14:41

I'm sure the yelling and shouting by Bibi has absolutely nothing to do with distracing his electorate on the corruption investigation.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 29 Dec 2016, 15:21

Mo wrote:I'm sure the yelling and shouting by Bibi has absolutely nothing to do with distracing his electorate on the corruption investigation.
Yep, came to this thread to post just that.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

Mo

Post by Mo » 29 Dec 2016, 17:08

How does it feel to be at war with Israel db?

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 29 Dec 2016, 17:15

We're just happy that someone finally noticed us! ;-)
Last edited by dbcooper on 29 Dec 2016, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 29 Dec 2016, 18:22

Also, they have a pretty large trade surplus with us, so they have a good reason not to pursue trade sanctions.
New Zealand exported $26.2 million of goods to Israel in the year ended June 30, and imported $115.5 million of goods. Investment flows were much smaller, with just $1 million of New Zealand investment into Israel in the March year and $20 million of Israeli investment in New Zealand.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 29 Dec 2016, 18:38

I will never get why so many Americans give a fuck one way or the other about Israel.
--Shem

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 29 Dec 2016, 18:58

thoreau wrote:I will never get why so many Americans give a fuck one way or the other about Israel.
AIPAC
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 29 Dec 2016, 20:29

Aresen wrote:
thoreau wrote:I will never get why so many Americans give a fuck one way or the other about Israel.
AIPAC
Ugh.

I work for a left-leaning Zionist organization that works to connect reform Jews in America to Israel - basically getting American Jews interested in Israeli issues BESIDES The Conflict. The idea is to in turn help build support for the Reform, progressive movement in Israel.

AIPAC is not our friend.
No lie I'm fucking tired of glorified false histories-JasonL

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 01 Jan 2017, 17:34

There's also a whole Chirstian end-times thing going on. Seriously, my MIL is calling Obama the Antichrist over this shit.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 01 Jan 2017, 17:55

lunchstealer wrote:There's also a whole Chirstian end-times thing going on. Seriously, my MIL is calling Obama the Antichrist over this shit.
Since Obama is the Antichrist, does she think he'll refuse to leave office after Trump's inauguration? I haven't read the Revelation lately, but I don't recall the AC being big on the whole "peaceful transition of power" thing.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 01 Jan 2017, 18:32

Don't they kind of need an anti-Christ so there can be a massive war and a bunch of Christians going to heaven and then Terminator Jesus coming to smite the wicked and redeem the faithful?

If these things don't happen? Thanks Obama.

--Shem

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 01 Jan 2017, 19:58

Antichrist scoring:
Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. (Dan 11:37)
Obama's father converted to Islam = 1 point for Obama on first item
Trump = 'for he shall magnify himself above all' - 1 point. However, 1 point off for the 'nor desire of women'.
And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up. (Dan 8:23)
Obama = "transgressors are come to the full" - numerous pardons = 1 point
Trump = "a king of fierce countenane" ("You're fired") = 1 point
Trump = "understanding dark sentences" - twitter usage = 1 point
(38) But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things. (39) Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain. (Dan 11:38-39)
Obama = "cause them to rule over many" - numerous regulations = 1 point
Trump = "honor with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things" = 1 point
Trump = "acknowledge and increase with glory" = "Make America Great Again" = 1 point
Trump = "shall divide the land for gain" = use of eminent domain = 1 point
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.(Revelations 13:5
Obama and Trump = 1 point each
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Neither fits this one numeralogically = no points

Obama total = 4 points
Trump total = 6 points (net)
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 01 Jan 2017, 20:53

Obama's held power a lot longer than 42 months, though. Any chance that he might be the Antichrist clearly expired in July 2012.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 01 Jan 2017, 21:32

Come to think of it: if people were going to freak out about Obama being the Antichrist, the proper time to do so would've been right after he won his Nobel Peace Prize, because of that bit about the AC portraying himself as a "man of peace" whilst bringing war.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 02 Jan 2017, 10:05

Good work, Aresen. Now I'm making sure there aren't any marks on my forehead.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 02 Jan 2017, 13:42

If anyone would like to see the totally sane and not crazy at all newsletter regarding the Antichrist, Jews being responsible for EVERYTHING, the end of the world, etc, I'll email it to you. It's too long to post here, but it was a full color, several page front and back thing that was mailed to my office with no return address.
No lie I'm fucking tired of glorified false histories-JasonL

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 02 Jan 2017, 14:11

Rachel wrote:If anyone would like to see the totally sane and not crazy at all newsletter regarding the Antichrist, Jews being responsible for EVERYTHING, the end of the world, etc, I'll email it to you. It's too long to post here, but it was a full color, several page front and back thing that was mailed to my office with no return address.
Full color? I'm almost afraid to ask what illustrations it has. I'd like to think it includes a clearly delineated map showing the way to y'all's secret extinct-volcano hideout, but I've been disappointed so, so many times already....

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 02 Jan 2017, 14:42

Rachel wrote:If anyone would like to see the totally sane and not crazy at all newsletter regarding the Antichrist, Jews being responsible for EVERYTHING, the end of the world, etc, I'll email it to you. It's too long to post here, but it was a full color, several page front and back thing that was mailed to my office with no return address.
Better than that flyer we found in Alexandria?
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 02 Jan 2017, 14:42

Jennifer wrote:
Full color? I'm almost afraid to ask what illustrations it has. I'd like to think it includes a clearly delineated map showing the way to y'all's secret extinct-volcano hideout, but I've been disappointed so, so many times already....
Without the location of the volcano, the map is useless.

(This is the volcano that awakens from dormancy during the Battle of Armaggedon, isn't it?)

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 02 Jan 2017, 14:44

[Looks through Rachel's emailed file] Yikes, this is bad. I can't even read the whole thing -- just skimming over it, looking at occasional bits -- but I do note one reason for the obviously frightened sender to be of good cheer: under the "Royal Family" subheading, the first sentence says that Queen Elizabeth II is the head of the Illuminati. But the queen missed both the Christmas and New Year's church services due to illness, so between that and her advanced age I'd say there's a good chance the head of the Illuminati will exit the world stage very shortly. And when Prince Charles takes over you know he's just going to fuck everything up.