The Techno-Bleg Thread

dhex

Re: The Techno-Bleg Thread

Post by dhex » 11 Jan 2019, 09:10

so chrome has decided i can't upload files anymore. not in gmail, or my cms, or basecamp or anything. been turning off all extensions and nothing works. updated to latest version. can drag to upload but upload file buttons are all broken across all sites.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Warren

Post by Warren » 11 Jan 2019, 11:49

dhex wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 09:10
so chrome has decided i can't upload files anymore. not in gmail, or my cms, or basecamp or anything. been turning off all extensions and nothing works. updated to latest version. can drag to upload but upload file buttons are all broken across all sites.
But it works with other browser?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

dhex

Post by dhex » 11 Jan 2019, 11:51

Yuh.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 11 Jan 2019, 20:08

Weird. I'd suggest making sure Chrome is fully updated and restarting it. If it's still a problem and you use any extensions, try disabling all of them. If it works them, try re-enabling until you identify the extension that breaks it.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

dhex

Post by dhex » 14 Jan 2019, 19:01

i prepared to start the extension turnoff cha cha cha (i'd already tried adblock and ghostery and even https everywhere) this AM but lo and behold everything in chrome is working again.

it was up to date on friday so i got nuttin