Pick Your Poisson

tr0g

Re: Pick Your Poisson

Post by tr0g » 12 Mar 2018, 14:31

Mo wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 14:18
The real question is, why is no one making a bigger deal out of the fact that a guy who can't even properly negotiate a hush money deal with a pr0n star is now engaging in direct nuclear negotiations with the Norks?
Lots of people I'm seeing are, but again, nobody cares. The pundit class is (justifiably, sometimes) freaking out about Trump, but most people seem to be all 'meh'. I've never had a good feel for the zeitgeist because I'm a reclusive anti-social weirdo, but I have lost all bearings right now. I have no idea how anyone is going to react to anything. It's weird.
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 12 Mar 2018, 14:38

Mo wrote:
The real question is, why is no one making a bigger deal out of the fact that a guy who can't even properly negotiate a hush money deal with a pr0n star is now engaging in direct nuclear negotiations with the Norks?
That's, like, three levels of thought deeper than anyone is thinking about Trump.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

nicole

Post by nicole » 12 Mar 2018, 15:00

Mo wrote:
Look, Mo, Trump had no idea his lawyer was negotiating that deal. No idea.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 15 Aug 2018, 16:32

Hey, fellow HOA board lady, I'm sure a snarky "as per my previous email" feels good to type, but it's not really such a great idea when your previous email actually did not reference that topic in any way. (Which you should have noticed when you forwarded me a copy of said email just to underline your point.)
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Highway

Post by Highway » 15 Aug 2018, 16:36

She totally meant it, even if you couldn't read it that way! Even if she didn't say anything at all about that topic.

"I'm sorry, I was unable to determine that you were talking about X when you mentioned nothing about X in your previous email."
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."