Corona(virus)? ITS NOT EVEN BEER DAMMIT!!!

Warren

Re: Corona(virus)? ITS NOT EVEN BEER DAMMIT!!!

Post by Warren »

Pham Nuwen wrote:
22 May 2020, 21:54
You both do.
No YOU do.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

DONT RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME BOY!!!
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

Son, you best go have a lie down. You're having delusions of adequacy .
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

I've never felt adequate at anything. Fight me.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

I have people for that.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Warren wrote:
22 May 2020, 17:27
Jadagul wrote:
22 May 2020, 17:22
See e.g. Bergstrom here:
You can't link to fucking tweet and expect people to take it seriously.
Until clicking on the link, I thought it was other guy, the formerly & probably future reefer madness guy, & was going to say what the heck, jadagul.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

Bwah Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Eat a pool of dicks virus!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Warren wrote:
24 May 2020, 19:07
Bwah Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Hell, Warren, they're probably all cousins, anyway.

Warren

Post by Warren »

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
24 May 2020, 20:16
Warren wrote:
24 May 2020, 19:07
Bwah Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Hell, Warren, they're probably all cousins, anyway.
Nah. Hicks are different from rednecks.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Painboy

Post by Painboy »

Some more science on how they think Covid-19 works.

‘It’s something I have never seen’: How the Covid-19 virus hijacks cells

Painboy

Post by Painboy »

'Star Wars' stormtroopers are enforcing new social distancing rules at Disney World

While I find this inventive and rather funny there's a very odd meta in all this.

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Painboy wrote:
02 Jun 2020, 22:23
'Star Wars' stormtroopers are enforcing new social distancing rules at Disney World

While I find this inventive and rather funny there's a very odd meta in all this.
Well, it's not as if you have to worry if they open fire....
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

We don't need to see his wrist band.
These aren't the microbes we're looking for.
Go about your business, move along.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul »

JD wrote:
22 Apr 2020, 10:36
My wife has decided to start offering masks for sale. I can get anyone here a discount if you want, and please spread the word in case anybody else is interested.

Probably should have started offering these for sale weeks ago, but oh well...
Is your wife still selling these? I've been using a couple my mom made, but my mom is...not a professional seamstress, shall we say, and I think I'll be wearing masks a lot over the next year and will want something nicer.

JD

Post by JD »

Jadagul wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 08:42
Is your wife still selling these? I've been using a couple my mom made, but my mom is...not a professional seamstress, shall we say, and I think I'll be wearing masks a lot over the next year and will want something nicer.
Yes she is! Feel free to contact her directly, or you can relay your order through me if you want. Demand for masks has dropped off a bit as of late, but I have a feeling it may not be permanent. :-(
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul »

JD wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 09:56
Jadagul wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 08:42
Yes she is! Feel free to contact her directly, or you can relay your order through me if you want. Demand for masks has dropped off a bit as of late, but I have a feeling it may not be permanent. :-(
Thanks! I sent her an email, which hopefully wasn't super awkward. :)

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

Just saw online a sign in Spanish the gist of which was "Bars need your help. Since we can only have 1/3 the customers, please only come if you can drink 3 peoples' worth"
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Hmm, beer. I might do another curbside pickup at the local brewery next week...
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

dead_elvis wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 00:08
Just saw online a sign in Spanish the gist of which was "Bars need your help. Since we can only have 1/3 the customers, please only come if you can drink 3 peoples' worth"
Challenge accepted.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Multiple Florida Hospitals Run Out of ICU Beds as Coronavirus Cases Spike

As Florida health officials report another record single-day increase in cases of the novel coronavirus, new data shows hospitals across the state have filled most or all available beds in their respective intensive care units.

Numerous Florida medical facilities reported dwindling ICU bed availability on Thursday, with several reporting no availability at all, according to the latest report published by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). Palm Beach County was among those statewide regions where the availability of beds was most scarce. An accompanying report from AHCA shows about 75 percent of available hospital beds statewide are currently occupied.

The AHCA's data showed two of Palm Beach County's 17 hospitals have already filled all ICU beds, while several other medical centers reported limited availability. One hospital in Miami-Dade County has also reached its ICU bed capacity as of Thursday, and the majority of hospitals have filled more than half of beds in intensive care units. Palm Beach and Miami-Dade counties have reported two of Florida's most severe local virus outbreaks....
https://www.newsweek.com/multiple-flori ... ke-1511934
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Shall we make WAGTD ("We're all going to die") the new OFFS?
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

What's frustrating is that the quarantines (such as they were) were NEVER intended to make the problem go away all by itself; they were supposed to buy us time to arrange for testing and contract tracing and similar things to allow us to (cautiously) re-open in a safe manner, until such time as a vaccine is developed. But almost none of that has been done, and the OneSimpleTrick (TM) that could enable most people to resume public activities (with certain precautions) -- wearing a mask in public -- is being decried by Trumpster-types as America's greatest civil-liberty violation since those evil damnyankees forced the noble Confederates to give up their slaves.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Jennifer wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 14:31
What's frustrating is that the quarantines (such as they were) were NEVER intended to make the problem go away all by itself; they were supposed to buy us time to arrange for testing and contract tracing and similar things to allow us to (cautiously) re-open in a safe manner, until such time as a vaccine is developed. But almost none of that has been done,
That's definitely my frustration. General quarantine is a blunt response necessitated by the governments' unpreparedness for this situation. Okay fine, we'll make this sacrifice while they get their shit together regarding planning, medical capacity, testing, contact tracing, hygiene, etc so they can figure out more targeted and informed policies. But then they...didn't. Mass testing is never going to happen. Contact tracing is never going to happen. Dedicated care facilities are never going to happen. The vaccine is a pipe dream.

Nobody seems to have any real information or a plan for when and how to open things safely. Government completely failed to live up to their side of the bargain, so this being America people divide into two idiotic extreme responses: I'm sick of this shit vs MAXIMUM PRECAUTION FOREVER. And it becomes a dumb, loud, ideological deathmatch because nobody has any actual information.

That, and its frustrating to have to wear a mask even though I probably don't need to wear a mask.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

nicole

Post by nicole »

Yup

PS the lakefront is still officially closed (but bars aren’t!) and you’re definitely not supposed to think that’s because your rulers hate you
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

nicole wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 15:16
Yup

PS the lakefront is still officially closed (but bars aren’t!) and you’re definitely not supposed to think that’s because your rulers hate you
lol like your rulers even give enough of a shit to hate you
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston