Oh Florida...

lunchstealer

Re: Oh Florida...

Post by lunchstealer » 04 Jul 2017, 18:47

Doggo picks but yeah.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 04 Jul 2017, 19:14

Warren wrote:
Sandy wrote:Feel free to press me into service. Seems silly not to.
I dunno. Can you be bribed with cat pictures?
Well, sort of
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 04 Jul 2017, 23:56

Aresen wrote:
Warren wrote:
Sandy wrote:Feel free to press me into service. Seems silly not to.
I dunno. Can you be bribed with cat pictures?
Well, sort of
Meh.

Doggo pictures or the kind of disgusting smut I'm in to.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 05 Jul 2017, 01:43

Sorento pizza dogs.ImageImageImage
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 05 Jul 2017, 09:06

Oh dear.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 06 Jul 2017, 15:45

"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 30 Jun 2018, 23:12

If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 01 Jul 2018, 01:16

That is some quality dumbassery.

JD

Post by JD » 12 Jul 2018, 15:40

Florida man with no arms charged with stabbing man with scissors
July 11 (Reuters) - A 46-year-old homeless man with no arms was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida, for stabbing another man with a pair of scissors using his feet, police said on Wednesday.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

JD

Post by JD » 12 Jul 2018, 15:57

And on top of that...

Man wasn’t drinking while driving, just sipping at stop signs, he told deputies
VERO BEACH, Fla. — A man who told officers that he had been charged twice for drunken driving in Missouri assured them he was not drinking and driving this time when he was questioned in a McDonald's parking lot here.

Instead, Earle Stevens Jr., 66, of Vero Beach was downing bourbon only while stopped at traffic signals and stop signs, he told investigators June 27.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 12 Jul 2018, 16:04

JD wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 15:57
And on top of that...

VERO BEACH, Fla. — A man who told officers that he had been charged twice for drunken driving in Missouri assured them he was not drinking and driving this time when he was questioned in a McDonald's parking lot here.

Instead, Earle Stevens Jr., 66, of Vero Beach was downing bourbon only while stopped at traffic signals and stop signs, he told investigators June 27.
I almost have to admire the guy's hairsplitting, here. Drinking while idling.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 12 Jul 2018, 20:52

Jennifer wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 16:04
JD wrote:
And on top of that...

This probably belongs in a different thread but the law here is "...if the person operates or drives a motor vehicle...". When I served on grand jury the vague definition of "operates" was used to successfully charge a man with DUI who went out to his vehicle and with keys in his pocket proceed to sleep it off in the passenger's seat. Because he was "capable of starting the car" he was considered to be "operating" it. I argued hard against that one to no avail.
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex
"Sweet tea is the archvillain in Wilford Brimley's origin story." -- Ellie

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 12 Jul 2018, 21:08

Kwix wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 20:52
Jennifer wrote:
JD wrote:
And on top of that...

This probably belongs in a different thread but the law here is "...if the person operates or drives a motor vehicle...". When I served on grand jury the vague definition of "operates" was used to successfully charge a man with DUI who went out to his vehicle and with keys in his pocket proceed to sleep it off in the passenger's seat. Because he was "capable of starting the car" he was considered to be "operating" it. I argued hard against that one to no avail.
When I was younger and drunker, folk wisdom as promulgated by the Army was that you could be charged with DUI being passed out in the car if you had the keys on your person or readily accessible. So we put the keys in the trunk or similar places to avoid charges.
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

Tuco

Post by Tuco » 13 Jul 2018, 06:17

Some young cowboys in Prescott Arizona decided to save money on a motel room by renting spaces in the parking garage right behind Whiskey Row. Cops woke 'em up to charge them with DUI, charges stuck because they had access to their keys.

Warren

Post by Warren » 13 Jul 2018, 07:55

Kwix wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 20:52
Jennifer wrote:
JD wrote:
And on top of that...

Jesus fucking Christ. Was the defendant black? Mormon? French Canadian?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 13 Jul 2018, 10:35

Tuco wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 06:17
Some young cowboys in Prescott Arizona decided to save money on a motel room by renting spaces in the parking garage right behind Whiskey Row. Cops woke 'em up to charge them with DUI, charges stuck because they had access to their keys.
This makes no sense. They would have had equal 'access to their keys' in a motel room. JFC, this is a prime example of the libertarian dictum that authorities will ALWAYS abuse any power granted to them.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 13 Jul 2018, 10:39

Tuco wrote:
As a friend of mine puts it, a person can get a DUI in Arizona by being drunk on a non-functional riding lawnmower that's parked on blocks in their backyard. The DUI laws here are absurd. They incentivize driving home drunk rather than parking and sleeping it off.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 13 Jul 2018, 17:24

Warren wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 07:55
None of the above. Well, maybe Mormon but if so a fallen one.
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 13 Jul 2018, 19:28

Kwix wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 17:24
Warren wrote:
So WTF then?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 13 Jul 2018, 19:45

Warren wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 19:28
Kwix wrote:
Warren wrote:
So WTF then?
Lawn order was the rule of the day.

Warren

Post by Warren » 13 Jul 2018, 19:48

Kwix wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 19:45
Warren wrote:
Kwix wrote:
Warren wrote:
So WTF then?
I don't understand. But don't bother trying to explain it to me. I don't think I'm capable of understanding.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 13 Jul 2018, 20:03

Warren wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 19:48
Kwix wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 19:45
Warren wrote:
Kwix wrote:
Warren wrote:
So WTF then?
I don't understand. But don't bother trying to explain it to me. I don't think I'm capable of understanding.
I don't think this is comprehensible, outside of the Watchmen universe.

Warren

Post by Warren » 13 Jul 2018, 20:12

I understand the Watchmen universe better.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Tuco

Post by Tuco » 14 Jul 2018, 06:17

Andrew wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 10:39
Tuco wrote:
As a friend of mine puts it, a person can get a DUI in Arizona by being drunk on a non-functional riding lawnmower that's parked on blocks in their backyard. The DUI laws here are absurd. They incentivize driving home drunk rather than parking and sleeping it off.
Yeah, there's less of a chance getting caught and charged driving drunk than parking on the side of the road to sleep it off. Fucking Leviathan.

Tuco

Post by Tuco » 14 Jul 2018, 06:38

Aresen wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 10:35
Tuco wrote:
This makes no sense. They would have had equal 'access to their keys' in a motel room. JFC, this is a prime example of the libertarian dictum that authorities will ALWAYS abuse any power granted to them.
It's a tremendous burden we have, being right all the time.