Trump Confronts the Enemy Within

Discuss H&R posts and other Reason articles here.
Warren

Post by Warren » 10 Sep 2018, 09:00

Ellie, you totally called it.
It would be only a mild surprise to learn that he has been a Democratic mole, scheming incessantly to covertly discredit the Republican Party by making it complicit in his ineptitude and sleaze.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Ellie

Re: Trump Confronts the Enemy Within

Post by Ellie » 10 Sep 2018, 10:54

Ha!

If only I'd had the creative juice to contribute to our writing. We could be millionaires now. Either that, or real life would have been more bonkers than anything we came up with, and all our scripts would be superfluous.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Warren

Post by Warren » 10 Sep 2018, 17:27

Ellie wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 10:54
Ha!

If only I'd had the creative juice to contribute to our writing. We could be millionaires now. Either that, or real life would have been more bonkers than anything we came up with, and all our scripts would be superfluous.
No, all our scripts would be seen as a threat to the PTB and we'd be unpersoned.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 10 Sep 2018, 17:47

Ellie wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 10:54
Ha!

Real life beats fiction anytime. Good fiction has to be credible; real life has no such constraints. (Not original, but I can't remember who said it first.)

In The White House Mess, Christopher Buckley wrote about an utterly incompetent President and his White House. Honestly, the jokes in it are nowhere near as funny as Trump's White House, nor are the 'events' any more bizarre.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex