Cognitive Enhancements?

Discuss H&R posts and other Reason articles here.
Aresen

Cognitive Enhancements?

Post by Aresen » 08 Feb 2018, 13:36

Consumers Are Open to Superhuman Vision and Cognitive Enhancements. Are Regulators?

If you had access to a drug that would improve cognition, wouldn't you be tempted to slip it into the White House water supply?

More seriously, the only downside I can conceive of concerning such a drug is that might make Asperger's more common. (I am not counting possible side effects like enhanced acne.)
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

lunchstealer

Re: Cognitive Enhancements?

Post by lunchstealer » 08 Feb 2018, 18:28

Aresen wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 13:36
Consumers Are Open to Superhuman Vision and Cognitive Enhancements. Are Regulators?

If you had access to a drug that would improve cognition, wouldn't you be tempted to slip it into the White House water supply?

More seriously, the only downside I can conceive of concerning such a drug is that might make Asperger's more common. (I am not counting possible side effects like enhanced acne.)
If I could slip something into the WH water supply, it wouldn't be that.

Note to NSA: But I can't, and even if I could, wouldn't because it would be wrong.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 08 Feb 2018, 18:46

Aresen wrote:
No, I'd take it myself. :P
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Warren

Post by Warren » 08 Feb 2018, 18:57

All I want is to be healthy. :(
Bitch about Brexit to your hearts content, but stay out of my historical movies. - Nick Hodges

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 08 Feb 2018, 19:17

Aresen wrote:

Hell no; Trump's incompetence is the only saving grace our republic has. Now, if you find a drug that can improve/increase people's sense of empathy....
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 08 Feb 2018, 19:44

Eric the .5b wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 18:46
Aresen wrote:
No, I'd take it myself. :P
Also this.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 08 Feb 2018, 20:04

Aresen wrote:
I'd rather put it into the school lunches.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem