House Supports Bill Subjecting Teen Sexters to 15 Years

Discuss H&R posts and other Reason articles here.
nicole

House Supports Bill Subjecting Teen Sexters to 15 Years

Post by nicole » 31 May 2017, 11:20

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

Aresen

Re: House Supports Bill Subjecting Teen Sexters to 15 Years

Post by Aresen » 31 May 2017, 11:28

OFFS
But Johnson, a freshman congressman (and vocal Trump supporter), dismissed opponents' concern that the measure would be used in ways he didn't intend it to be used. "In Scripture, Romans 13 refers to the governing authorities as 'God's servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer,'" he said in response to their floor concerns. "I, for one, believe we have a moral obligation, as any just government should, to defend the defenseless."
Weren't the GOP just complaining about EPA regulatory over-reach? What magic juice does he think prosecutors drink that make them models of good sense and discretion?
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

nicole

Post by nicole » 31 May 2017, 11:34

Aresen wrote:OFFS
But Johnson, a freshman congressman (and vocal Trump supporter), dismissed opponents' concern that the measure would be used in ways he didn't intend it to be used. "In Scripture, Romans 13 refers to the governing authorities as 'God's servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer,'" he said in response to their floor concerns. "I, for one, believe we have a moral obligation, as any just government should, to defend the defenseless."
Weren't the GOP just complaining about EPA regulatory over-reach? What magic juice does he think prosecutors drink that make them models of good sense and discretion?
I believe it is called "Jesus Juice." Obviously, environmental regulators hate Jesus and his juice.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 31 May 2017, 11:46

Nothing says Jesus like locking teenagers in a cage for 15 years! I totally remember how they said in the Scripture if you show someone your junk, it's off to the box for 15. It's in Leviticus, right after the part about burning animals for sin offerings, right?
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

Warren

Post by Warren » 31 May 2017, 11:47

I can't either.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 31 May 2017, 18:32

tr0g wrote:Nothing says Jesus like locking teenagers in a cage for 15 years! I totally remember how they said in the Scripture if you show someone your junk, it's off to the box for 15. It's in Leviticus, right after the part about burning animals for sin offerings, right?
Also remember the verse where Jesus called for he who is without sin to cast that first stone. And the House of Representatives, none of whom engaged in the sin of "sexting" when they were teens, stepped up to the plate and cast that first mutha.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 31 May 2017, 19:08

Jennifer wrote:
tr0g wrote:Nothing says Jesus like locking teenagers in a cage for 15 years! I totally remember how they said in the Scripture if you show someone your junk, it's off to the box for 15. It's in Leviticus, right after the part about burning animals for sin offerings, right?
Also remember the verse where Jesus called for he who is without sin to cast that first stone. And the House of Representatives, none of whom engaged in the sin of "sexting" when they were teens, stepped up to the plate and cast that first mutha.
Of course they didn't sext when they were teens.
They were all wanking themselves to bootleg copies of "Behind the Green Door."
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 31 May 2017, 21:38

So if that's 15 years what's "Playing Doctor"? 30 years? I mean the kids might even touch each other inappropriately.

Slightly off topic, is mooning someone now considered sexual assault?

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 01 Jun 2017, 04:51

Painboy wrote:
So if that's 15 years what's "Playing Doctor"? 30 years? I mean the kids might even touch each other inappropriately.

Probably not, but if someone wanted to press charges it would likely be enough to trigger indecent exposure, which requires sex offender registration in some districts.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 01 Jun 2017, 10:20

Hugh Akston wrote:
Painboy wrote:

Probably not, but if someone wanted to press charges it would likely be enough to trigger indecent exposure, which requires sex offender registration in some districts.
Not that cops and prosecutors would ever over-charge someone like that. :roll:
/snark

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 01 Jun 2017, 10:51

Painboy wrote:

I could swear I read a story a few years ago about a high schooler mooning people from a bus that was initially charged with a crime that would have involved getting on the registry but I can't find anything

(I did find the kid that exposed his junk in a group yearbook photo, and could have gotten registered for it)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 01 Jun 2017, 10:56

Kolohe wrote:
Painboy wrote:

I could swear I read a story a few years ago about a high schooler mooning people from a bus that was initially charged with a crime that would have involved getting on the registry but I can't find anything

(I did find the kid that exposed his junk in a group yearbook photo, and could have gotten registered for it)
Young people's sexuality and the WoD are the two Socon obsessions that get a lot of buy-in from many of the Team Blue chattering class.