Page 10 of 13

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 14 Mar 2018, 23:32
by Andrew
lunchstealer wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 20:14
Warren wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 20:11
JasonL wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 18:52
Pets don’t belong in passenger areas.
Preach it brother.
Also infants.
And most of the damned proles.
Team Bring Back Steerage.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 16 Mar 2018, 10:56
by Mo
OMG, the name of this bill.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 16 Mar 2018, 11:08
by thoreau
The article includes a link to this document: https://www.transportation.gov/sites/do ... atcr_0.pdf

According to page 57, United Airlines is the industry leader in killing pets.

So I can only assume that their CEO will soon be the Secretary of Transportation.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 16 Mar 2018, 12:23
by Ellie
Mo wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 10:56
OMG, the name of this bill.
That name was so bad it gave me cancer. And rabies.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 16 Mar 2018, 12:35
by Warren
Ellie wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 12:23
Mo wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 10:56
OMG, the name of this bill.
That name was so bad it gave me cancer. And rabies.
and wooff in mouth.
Eh? Eh?

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 16 Mar 2018, 13:53
by lunchstealer
Well it's good that they're finally promoting the welfare of furries.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 16 Mar 2018, 17:49
by Sandy
lunchstealer wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 13:53
Well it's good that they're finally promoting the welfare of furries.
It is?

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 16 Mar 2018, 18:16
by Aresen
JasonL wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 18:52
Pets don’t belong in passenger areas.
The people I have met who insist that 'Poopsie' come into the cabin with them should be stuffed in the overhead compartment. 'Poopsie' can go in the cargo area.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 16 Mar 2018, 18:26
by Kwix
Aresen wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 18:16
JasonL wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 18:52
Pets don’t belong in passenger areas.
The people I have met who insist that 'Poopsie' come into the cabin with them should be stuffed in the overhead compartment. 'Poopsie' can go in the cargo area.
Concur. Now if only you could check your rugrats we'd be back in the days of champagne and miniskirts on planes!

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 16 Mar 2018, 19:57
by Warren
Kwix wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 18:26
Aresen wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 18:16
JasonL wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 18:52
Pets don’t belong in passenger areas.
The people I have met who insist that 'Poopsie' come into the cabin with them should be stuffed in the overhead compartment. 'Poopsie' can go in the cargo area.
Concur. Now if only you could check your rugrats we'd be back in the days of champagne and miniskirts on planes!
We really move our tail for you!

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 19 Apr 2018, 00:26
by Aresen
The Officer who dragged the passenger off the plane is suing United.
Long's suit names United Airlines, the Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) and its commissioner, Ginger Evans.

"But for the CDA's negligence and failure to train (Long) how to respond to an escalating situation with an airline passenger, (he) would not have acted in the manner he did, which resulted in his termination," according to the lawsuit.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 19 Apr 2018, 18:53
by dead_elvis
Aresen wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 00:26
The Officer who dragged the passenger off the plane is suing United.
Long's suit names United Airlines, the Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) and its commissioner, Ginger Evans.

"But for the CDA's negligence and failure to train (Long) how to respond to an escalating situation with an airline passenger, (he) would not have acted in the manner he did, which resulted in his termination," according to the lawsuit.
It always amuses me when cops claim that the problem is that they weren't *trained* not to be assholes. They should sue their parents while they're at it.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 19 Apr 2018, 23:27
by Jennifer
dead_elvis wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 18:53
Aresen wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 00:26
The Officer who dragged the passenger off the plane is suing United.
Long's suit names United Airlines, the Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) and its commissioner, Ginger Evans.

"But for the CDA's negligence and failure to train (Long) how to respond to an escalating situation with an airline passenger, (he) would not have acted in the manner he did, which resulted in his termination," according to the lawsuit.
It always amuses me when cops claim that the problem is that they weren't *trained* not to be assholes. They should sue their parents while they're at it.
IIRC, didn't the sadists at Abu Ghraib try claiming "lack of training" too? "Without special classes, how do you expect us to not-torture prisoners, huh?"

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 12 Jun 2018, 15:07
by nicole
Imagine if airlines couldn’t externalize the cost of too-small seats onto their smaller-than-average passengers.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 12 Jun 2018, 15:26
by Kolohe
As a larger than average passenger, I can't say they do. We are the ones incuring it.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 12 Jun 2018, 19:30
by lunchstealer
Kolohe wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 15:26
As a larger than average passenger, I can't say they do. We are the ones incuring it.
I do up-buy to the economy-plus areas when possible, so probably. Sometimes I'll go for first if the price difference isn't psycho. Although not if I know I'll have to drive when I land, because I find it offensive to fly first without getting at least lightly rekt.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 12 Jun 2018, 19:43
by Warren
lunchstealer wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 19:30
Kolohe wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 15:26
As a larger than average passenger, I can't say they do. We are the ones incuring it.
I do up-buy to the economy-plus areas when possible, so probably. Sometimes I'll go for first if the price difference isn't psycho. Although not if I know I'll have to drive when I land, because I find it offensive to fly first without getting at least lightly rekt.
I can't drink when I fly, motion sickness. I'm sure I've flown dozens of times and I can count on one hand when anything other than sardine seating was even an option. Back in the days before they started overbooking every flight, there was a good chance the seat next to you would be empty and that would help a lot. Once I had a three and a half hour flight where the person next to me was 400lbs if they were an ounce. Squeezed their fat ass into that economy seat. I don't doubt they were more uncomfortable than me, but damn that was a long flight.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 12 Jun 2018, 21:59
by nicole
Yeah. Just had four hours of a woman taking up a third of my spot. Also she kept fucking jiggling her leg even though the side of it was plastered to the side of mine.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 12 Jun 2018, 23:07
by Pham Nuwen
nicole wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 21:59
Yeah. Just had four hours of a woman taking up a third of my spot. Also she kept fucking jiggling her leg even though the side of it was plastered to the side of mine.
That woman was executing a precise medical movement to prevent a DVT*. Good for her.

*I suspect she's simply an asshole

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 13 Jun 2018, 08:16
by dhex
I do my best but I could lose 100lbs and be able to do nothing but fold my shoulders as best I can.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 13 Jun 2018, 09:34
by nicole
Right. But it’s like with the bags. In theory they’re supposed to make people who don’t fit buy two seats. In theory they’re supposed to not let you carry on stuff that doesn’t fit. But they don’t do either because there would be a huge angry outcry. So you constantly miss taking off on time because not all bags will fit and you constantly have people squishing into your seat because the people won’t fit either. The point is if they actually followed their policies people would freak out, but they still don’t actually have room for everyone and everyone’s stuff.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 13 Jun 2018, 09:39
by JasonL
nicole wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 09:34
Right. But it’s like with the bags. In theory they’re supposed to make people who don’t fit buy two seats. In theory they’re supposed to not let you carry on stuff that doesn’t fit. But they don’t do either because there would be a huge angry outcry. So you constantly miss taking off on time because not all bags will fit and you constantly have people squishing into your seat because the people won’t fit either. The point is if they actually followed their policies people would freak out, but they still don’t actually have room for everyone and everyone’s stuff.
Put another way - this is an equilibrium because people don't actually want to pay for lots of space.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 13 Jun 2018, 09:52
by nicole
JasonL wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 09:39
nicole wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 09:34
Right. But it’s like with the bags. In theory they’re supposed to make people who don’t fit buy two seats. In theory they’re supposed to not let you carry on stuff that doesn’t fit. But they don’t do either because there would be a huge angry outcry. So you constantly miss taking off on time because not all bags will fit and you constantly have people squishing into your seat because the people won’t fit either. The point is if they actually followed their policies people would freak out, but they still don’t actually have room for everyone and everyone’s stuff.
Put another way - this is an equilibrium because people don't actually want to pay for lots of space.
Right. So they get to take up some of what I paid for.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 13 Jun 2018, 11:57
by Warren
I want price tied to usage. Cell phones should have a dollars per megabyte component. Air travel should have a dollars per pound component. You and all your luggage are weighed as you check in and your ticket price is adjusted accordingly.

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Posted: 13 Jun 2018, 14:20
by Kwix
Warren wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 11:57
I want price tied to usage. Cell phones should have a dollars per megabyte component. Air travel should have a dollars per pound component. You and all your luggage are weighed as you check in and your ticket price is adjusted accordingly.
If this could be done rapidly I would second this. On small planes (I'm talking Cessnas) they have to weigh everything and distribute it accordingly else bad things happen.