Fly the Friendly Skies...

Discuss H&R posts and other Reason articles here.
nicole

Re: Fly the Friendly Skies...

Post by nicole » 17 Jul 2017, 17:24

Also, preferences for nonwindow seats are incorrect.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

Warren

Post by Warren » 17 Jul 2017, 17:25

nicole wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 17:24
IDKWTSTT jadanicole.
Women with strollers are legitimately the worst people, and should, like motorcyclists, not be considered people for liability and criminal purposes. - lunchstealer

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 17 Jul 2017, 17:26

Wife feels same way. Likes head rest. Me nope aisle all day. I want to get up when I want and also do little leg mobility things.

Mo

Post by Mo » 17 Jul 2017, 17:32

nicole wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 17:22
Warren wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 17:07
nicole wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 16:32
Her whole thing was she had paid for extra leg room because she's tall and that's what she lost out on. She was especially miffed because the lady who got her seat was short.
Then she must have been moved from aisle to window. Or else it's some kind of 1st class seating arrangement I haven't seen before.
It's some economy plus shit. She wasn't even trying to fly first class.
It wasn't even economy plus, it was the preferred seats. I guess her books aren't selling that well.
Jennifer wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 16:39
I don't blame her for being annoyed if she paid extra for a particular seat and did not get it, but tweeting out a picture of the family who WAS seated there is beyond the pale, IMO.
It's annoying, but suck it up. Last week I was flying and lost my aisle seat in one of those tiny regional jets so a woman could sit next to her son, I ended up getting a window next to a guy with bad BO who was too big to allow the armrest to go down all the way. All I did in relatiation was piss and moan in texts to my wife, as god intended.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 17 Jul 2017, 17:34

Mo wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 17:32
nicole wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 17:22
Warren wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 17:07
nicole wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 16:32
Her whole thing was she had paid for extra leg room because she's tall and that's what she lost out on. She was especially miffed because the lady who got her seat was short.
Then she must have been moved from aisle to window. Or else it's some kind of 1st class seating arrangement I haven't seen before.
It's some economy plus shit. She wasn't even trying to fly first class.
It wasn't even economy plus, it was the preferred seats. I guess her books aren't selling that well.
Jennifer wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 16:39
I don't blame her for being annoyed if she paid extra for a particular seat and did not get it, but tweeting out a picture of the family who WAS seated there is beyond the pale, IMO.
It's annoying, but suck it up. Last week I was flying and lost my aisle seat in one of those tiny regional jets so a woman could sit next to her son, I ended up getting a window next to a guy with bad BO who was too big to allow the armrest to go down all the way. All I did in relatiation was piss and moan in texts to my wife, as god intended.
If you paid extra for a particular seat, I don't agree that "suck it up" is the proper response to an airline once again deciding "Oops, sorry, we can't possibly be expected to uphold our end of the bargain." Which is why I said; I don't blame her for being annoyed at Delta, but I do blame her for taking out her ire on the family whose photo she tweeted.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

JasonL

Fly the Friendly Skies...

Post by JasonL » 17 Jul 2017, 17:37

Piss and moan to wife is proportionate to rando please switch. If I had the assignment and they botched I'd mention it to delta. If you wait till the survey comes and do it then you will get little presents and sometimes bonus miles.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 17 Jul 2017, 17:38

nicole wrote:
Team nicole. (I think.)

I still like to look out the plane window. And I having the side of the plane to rest my head against when I sleep (those little 'supports' on the back of the seat are useless).

Also, a window seat means that there is nobody on at least one side of you. (Aisle seats do not count because you never know when someone's ass or gut is going to be in your face while they paw through the overhead bin.)
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

nicole

Post by nicole » 17 Jul 2017, 17:47

Aresen wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 17:38
nicole wrote:
Team nicole. (I think.)

I still like to look out the plane window. And I having the side of the plane to rest my head against when I sleep (those little 'supports' on the back of the seat are useless).

Also, a window seat means that there is nobody on at least one side of you. (Aisle seats do not count because you never know when someone's ass or gut is going to be in your face while they paw through the overhead bin.)
Aresen gets it. The window seat is the best spot for cowering away from other bodies.

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

Mo

Post by Mo » 17 Jul 2017, 17:58

Fwiw, I would pay extra to inconvenience Ann Coulter.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 17 Jul 2017, 18:02

Mo wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 17:58
I would definitely contribute to that Gofundme.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 17 Jul 2017, 18:46

Aresen wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 18:02
Mo wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 17:58
I would definitely contribute to that Gofundme.
I'm in.
"The first rule of Grylliade club is 'Why are we talking about Grylliade club?'"
--Jake

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 17 Jul 2017, 19:08

US flagged air carrier vs Ann Coulter is a Alien V Predator, Nazis V Commies, Cowboys V Eagles thing for me.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Highway

Post by Highway » 17 Jul 2017, 19:41

I wouldn't mind getting anything but the middle seat, but my wife always wants to be next to me, and she always wants window seat, so I always get middle, because we only ever fly Southwest's 737s, and because putting her in the middle is nowhere near worth the fallout from that. BTW, window seat sucks for 6'2" 250+ pounds, but the middle seat sucks just as much, and at least you can look out the damn window.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

dhex

Post by dhex » 17 Jul 2017, 20:24

i live the aisle life on southwest when i can't grab one of those awesome window seats with no seats in front of it seats in the middle of the plane.
"If they make a movie about Bothans pre-ROTJ that is basically a rip off of the Taking of Pelham 123, I would start masturbating in the theater." fffffffunnnngh

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 18 Jul 2017, 12:34

The article I read said she moved from window to aisle in the same row, so she wasn't missing out on leg room. I'd have had some sympathy otherwise (though dragging the other customers into it--team Jennifer). So she's being a cunty dick of an asshole, or as it's known in her world, a day that ends in -y.

Seat preference: daytime flight over likely cloudless terrain or short flight: window seat. Nighttime or over cloudy terrain (east of the Mississippi or point to point in Europe): aisle seat.

I like to see, but I really like being able to get up to pee without bugging anybody, and the leg room is often better in the aisle.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 18 Jul 2017, 12:50

When you read about a giant man ripping the jaw off of a 90-lb septuagenarian sitting in the exit row, that's me.
Saudi Arabia is doing something potentially harmful to America? Oh, hell. Does that mean we're going to invade Iraq again? - Jennifer

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 19 Jul 2017, 19:20

Fox sports commentator Clay Travis complained that Delta wouldn't let his family fly -- just because his kid had head lice.

http://deadspin.com/bearded-baby-clay-t ... 1797063660

Bonus: the man who believed his literally lousy kid should be allowed to bring contagious vermin onto a plane did not side with David Dao when United Airlines forcibly dragged him off the plane, because:
That’s why I find this doctor to be the true villain in this story. He doesn’t own his seat, he doesn’t have a legal right to dispute his eviction, airlines have the right to kick people off their planes and refund their money when they decide to do so at their discretion. You agree to that when you buy the ticket. If you don’t want to give up that right you can drive or walk instead. Here is what you agree to when you purchase a ticket to fly on an airline in the United States. Of course, most people don’t actually read the fine print on their tickets. But your ignorance of the contract you’ve agreed to is no defense.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

nicole

Post by nicole » 17 Oct 2017, 15:51

Chicago has fired two cops for their roles in the David Dao dragging incident: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 17 Oct 2017, 20:45

nicole wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 15:51
Chicago has fired two cops for their roles in the David Dao dragging incident: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html
Good. They should have been fired. They should count themselves lucky if Dr. Dao doesn't sue them. (Minor correction: technically, they're not cops, seemingly.)
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex