When You've Lost John Yoo...

Discuss H&R posts and other Reason articles here.
Aresen

When You've Lost John Yoo...

Post by Aresen » 09 Feb 2017, 10:56

If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

Highway

Re: When You've Lost John Yoo...

Post by Highway » 09 Feb 2017, 11:00

Aresen wrote:This one's especially for thoreau:

Even John Yoo Is Offended by Trump's Broad View of Executive Power
You know, I was thinking about posting that when I read it a few days ago, but my takeaway by the end wasn't that Yoo was against what Trump did, when all was said and done. It was that Trump didn't get more input from the lawyers around the White House and administration to make sure that it wasn't so poorly argued and rushed out, so that it would be a more watertight policy. And that gets Yoo no credit at all from me.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

thoreau

Re: When You've Lost John Yoo...

Post by thoreau » 09 Feb 2017, 11:25

If somebody from a more serious faction of the party asked Yoo to craft a figleaf justification for such a policy he would be all over it. Yoo's objection is that he isn't getting paid and it isn't being done by his faction.

Sent from a phone so their may be speling errors and autocorrect snafu's.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem