School pulls out 9-year-old's teeth

Discuss H&R posts and other Reason articles here.
Jennifer

School pulls out 9-year-old's teeth

Post by Jennifer » 25 Jan 2017, 18:23

https://reason.com/blog/2017/01/25/mom- ... 9-year-old

I saw this on another news site a couple days before Reason picked it up. Even giving the school the absolute maximum benefit of the doubt -- let's say the kid genuinely needed to have those three teeth pulled out anyway -- they STILL fucked it up: not only did they not let his mother know, but they apparently did NOT give him adequate amounts of painkiller, AND the procedure made him miss the bus home, so he had to walk instead. In Baltimore. With his mouth in agonizing pain from the major dental procedure he'd just had.

I hope the mother successfully sues the shit out of this school.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Re: School pulls out 9-year-old's teeth

Post by Sandy » 25 Jan 2017, 19:24

Jennifer wrote:https://reason.com/blog/2017/01/25/mom- ... 9-year-old

I saw this on another news site a couple days before Reason picked it up. Even giving the school the absolute maximum benefit of the doubt -- let's say the kid genuinely needed to have those three teeth pulled out anyway -- they STILL fucked it up: not only did they not let his mother know, but they apparently did NOT give him adequate amounts of painkiller, AND the procedure made him miss the bus home, so he had to walk instead. In Baltimore. With his mouth in agonizing pain from the major dental procedure he'd just had.

I hope the mother successfully sues the shit out of this school.
Welp, at least I know where my next nightmare is coming from.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 25 Jan 2017, 20:49

(Sigh) I'm detecting a problematic new pattern in this-here new subforum we've got: every posted story is so awful, there's really not a hell of a lot to say about any of them, beyond a token "That sucks," "How horrifying," "Oh fuuuuuuck" or things of that nature.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 25 Jan 2017, 22:03

Jennifer wrote:(Sigh) I'm detecting a problematic new pattern in this-here new subforum we've got: every posted story is so awful, there's really not a hell of a lot to say about any of them, beyond a token "That sucks," "How horrifying," "Oh fuuuuuuck" or things of that nature.
In my case, I haven't had a chance to read through it, and I also am more squicked by dental stuff (and currently waiting for my latest crown to stop hurting when I chew/have temperatures other than room on it).
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 25 Jan 2017, 22:47

Sandy wrote:
Jennifer wrote:(Sigh) I'm detecting a problematic new pattern in this-here new subforum we've got: every posted story is so awful, there's really not a hell of a lot to say about any of them, beyond a token "That sucks," "How horrifying," "Oh fuuuuuuck" or things of that nature.
In my case, I haven't had a chance to read through it, and I also am more squicked by dental stuff (and currently waiting for my latest crown to stop hurting when I chew/have temperatures other than room on it).
If you are squeamish about such things, rest assured: the story itself does not contain any wince-inducing details other than what's in my summary post.

Number 6

Post by Number 6 » 26 Jan 2017, 00:25

I can really think of only one appropriate work for the people responsible were that my kid:
Run.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 26 Jan 2017, 00:51

Number 6 wrote:I can really think of only one appropriate work for the people responsible were that my kid:
Run.
Definitely wouldn't be violating the NAP in this case.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 26 Jan 2017, 19:51

So the article never follows up on the central question. Was it safe?
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 26 Jan 2017, 21:31

lunchstealer wrote:So the article never follows up on the central question. Was it safe?
Points!
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 26 Jan 2017, 23:52

Kolohe wrote:
lunchstealer wrote:So the article never follows up on the central question. Was it safe?
Points!
I made it all the way through that scene by practicing more detachment than I ever have in my entire life.

Warren

Post by Warren » 27 Jan 2017, 00:15

Sandy wrote:
Kolohe wrote:
Points!
I made it all the way through that scene by practicing more detachment than I ever have in my entire life.
Thank you, now I get it.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 27 Jan 2017, 12:44

What is this a reference to?
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 27 Jan 2017, 17:50

You probably don't want to watch this, but here it is:

"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren » 27 Jan 2017, 20:28

Aww man. Don't let him off with the pussy version.
Make him sit through the whole thing.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT