Search found 9728 matches

by lunchstealer
Today, 10:51
Forum: The Joys of Life
Topic: Twitter!
Replies: 2113
Views: 83533

Re: Twitter!

I don't get it. I mean, apparently it's supposed to look sexual the way it's cropped, but I still don't get the joke. Who's not into it? The guy looks happy. Is it supposed to be that his knee is a giant dong? I'm so lost. I think overall your problem is that you don't give a shit about any of thos...
by lunchstealer
Today, 06:36
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"
Replies: 114
Views: 1387

Re: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"

Kolohe wrote:
Today, 04:49
Shem wrote:
Today, 01:27
And I still argue well-executed German-style codetermination would be in the best interests of workers and companies.
You know who else were well-executed Germans?
dammit
by lunchstealer
Today, 06:35
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"
Replies: 114
Views: 1387

Re: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"

The things that European countries do well could never work here, Shem. When someone praises it as socialist we say that it is actually capitalist, and when somebody asks if we could try their style of capitalism we say that it is actually socialist. This is an effort to literally give the workers ...
by lunchstealer
Today, 02:45
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"
Replies: 114
Views: 1387

Re: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"

The things that European countries do well could never work here, Shem. When someone praises it as socialist we say that it is actually capitalist, and when somebody asks if we could try their style of capitalism we say that it is actually socialist. This is an effort to literally give the workers ...
by lunchstealer
Today, 00:21
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"
Replies: 114
Views: 1387

Re: Elizabeth Warren's

What is the change that fixes this? Whatever dysfunctional aspects of current law allow for the status quo we have. I think the difficulty is in the assumption that the current law allows for this status quo. The problem probably isn't the laws. It's the institutions. There are limited resources, a...
by lunchstealer
Yesterday, 17:58
Forum: The Joys of Life
Topic: Music for the Masses
Replies: 1141
Views: 76936

Re: Music for the Masses

I'm not sure there are female wilco fans. The mom rock equivalent of wilco? I'm going to go out on a limb and say radiohead. I'm pretty sure that has to updated generational to Coldplay by now. (There's a car commercial in heavy rotation, that indicates we may be in yet another generation by now, a...
by lunchstealer
Yesterday, 17:13
Forum: The Joys of Life
Topic: Familiar spirits
Replies: 76
Views: 2708

Re: Familiar spirits

Chewie is a doggo.

Chewie chews his chewy blue chew thing.
by lunchstealer
Yesterday, 02:43
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Cooling down: a more palatable thread?
Replies: 39
Views: 541

Re: Cooling down: a more palatable thread?

It would occasionally show up in my youth - possibly when visiting my Florida relatives - and we'd cut a small piece and chew it. I don't recall much beyond that.
by lunchstealer
19 Aug 2018, 17:05
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"
Replies: 114
Views: 1387

Re: Elizabeth Warren's

That still doesn't make this a good idea. But I have not yet see anyone argue why the current status quo -- "the company MUST survive, no matter how many crimes the company (as opposed to individual rogue employees acting on their own) has committed" -- is any improvement. Oh yeah it's an improveme...
by lunchstealer
19 Aug 2018, 17:01
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: The real criminal is the judge
Replies: 38
Views: 1719

Re: The real criminal is the judge

Yeah it's evidence, and potentially exculpatory if someone specific showed up, but almost any normal suspect should have their DNA show up if they are in contact with the victims with any regularity, or are even just in the same vicinity at different times. I think the guy has now admitted to it, fw...
by lunchstealer
19 Aug 2018, 05:42
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: The real criminal is the judge
Replies: 38
Views: 1719

Re: The real criminal is the judge

Yeah, but what the defense is probably looking for is 'contact DNA' which is very very trace amounts of DNA left by incidental contact. You might expect to find contact DNA if some unknown assailant had had his hands around the girls' necks to strangle them. Which might exonerate the husband. Except...
by lunchstealer
18 Aug 2018, 17:25
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1155
Views: 39002

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

One 'whites only' lunch counter in town isn't a problem, segregation all over town is. I'm not sure where it tips. I am sure that in 2018 America it's not necessary to force people to provide their services to all race, gender, religion, because discrimination based on those criteria is not general...
by lunchstealer
18 Aug 2018, 16:38
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1155
Views: 39002

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Yeah lunch. The more I read your argument the more it sounds like "But I really really don't like him". Was that not clear? The thing is that he's disliked for his actions, not for the color of his skin or the content of his britches. If you don't want to do business with someone because they perso...
by lunchstealer
18 Aug 2018, 14:37
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1155
Views: 39002

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Yeah lunch. The more I read your argument the more it sounds like "But I really really don't like him". Was that not clear? The thing is that he's disliked for his actions, not for the color of his skin or the content of his britches. If you don't want to do business with someone because they perso...
by lunchstealer
18 Aug 2018, 14:19
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"
Replies: 114
Views: 1387

Re: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"

BP didn't get carved up and thrown to the wolves either.
by lunchstealer
18 Aug 2018, 01:23
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1155
Views: 39002

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Aresen wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 00:32
OK. We're all agreed, Nobody has to bake a cake for Alex Jones.
Elizabeth Warren does.
by lunchstealer
18 Aug 2018, 01:22
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1155
Views: 39002

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Yeah lunch. The more I read your argument the more it sounds like "But I really really don't like him". Was that not clear? The thing is that he's disliked for his actions, not for the color of his skin or the content of his britches. If you don't want to do business with someone because they perso...
by lunchstealer
18 Aug 2018, 00:59
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"
Replies: 114
Views: 1387

Re: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"

She was going with an over the top example to get her point across. Is there a godwin for child rape now? We might need one. Also. Why is everyone flipping out? "As an online discussion discussion with MAGAs grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler not raping kids so he's not ...
by lunchstealer
18 Aug 2018, 00:54
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"
Replies: 114
Views: 1387

Re: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"

I think she was trying to make a point about completely corrupted organizations. It's certainly not an exact metaphor, but I understood her point. It's also notable that the Catholic Church, like Wells Fargo, can be credited with some good works as well as terrible activities. I'm not sure the for-...
by lunchstealer
17 Aug 2018, 21:16
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1155
Views: 39002

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

We can argue with the value/morality of forcing someone to do business under the limited circumstances of racial/religious/gender discrimination, but that limited circumstance should not be confused with a blanket ban on free association. Outside of complete totalitarian hellholes, nobody ever does...
by lunchstealer
17 Aug 2018, 20:22
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1155
Views: 39002

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Team Andrew. if anything, being required to continue to provide the same servers and bandwidth is less intrusive than being required to create a custom cake for someone. I'm not in favor of requiring either of these things, but let's be real about it if we're gonna. The difference of course being t...
by lunchstealer
17 Aug 2018, 20:14
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: I just don't get it
Replies: 2871
Views: 91267

Re: I just don't get it

Ventilating bin laden is not ever going to be seen as a negative. Cause I mean cmon fuck that guy. Yeah I oppose it on the principle of if-you-can-arrest-him-arrest-him-and-put-his-ass-on-trial-and-then-maybe-hook-him-up-to-a-needle-if-we're-still-doing-that-sort-of-thing because the state shouldn'...
by lunchstealer
17 Aug 2018, 14:14
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: I just don't get it
Replies: 2871
Views: 91267

Re: I just don't get it

Ventilating bin laden is not ever going to be seen as a negative. Cause I mean cmon fuck that guy. Yeah I oppose it on the principle of if-you-can-arrest-him-arrest-him-and-put-his-ass-on-trial-and-then-maybe-hook-him-up-to-a-needle-if-we're-still-doing-that-sort-of-thing because the state shouldn'...
by lunchstealer
17 Aug 2018, 13:53
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1155
Views: 39002

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Andrew wrote:
16 Aug 2018, 19:16
If religious cake guy is responsible for baking a cake for whoever enters the door, Alex Jones ought to sue Facebook and the other tech companies in Colorado for excluding him from their services.
Under ADA for discrimination against the mentally disabled?
by lunchstealer
17 Aug 2018, 13:04
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"
Replies: 114
Views: 1387

Re: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"

Jasper wrote:
17 Aug 2018, 12:03
Now do the same for unions.

lol
You mean have 40% of the directors for unions be elected by the employers? That would lulzatopia.